Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Chronicle reckon the club are waiting on Rafa’s decision

It doesn't sound like they have budged on any of his demands apart from a slightly more money to spend. I think he will leave, I'm probably more optimistic of a takeover than Benitez staying at the moment.

This is the move I knew about when I said one of the appointments may raise a few eyebrows.....I'm sure Paully & Minhosa can confirm that I told them this a month ago.

Was this a Rafa influenced appointment?

This is the move I knew about when I said one of the appointments may raise a few eyebrows.....I'm sure Paully & Minhosa can confirm that I told them this a month ago.

Was this a Rafa influenced appointment?

I don't know, but there's been a fair few changes which you would have thought he would have had a say in? With this club, who knows.

Feeling less and less confident he'll stay now, after those quotes in the Italian press, and the noises the local journalists are making about the offer.

It doesn’t make sense. I mean, if takeover is imminent, why would the Fat Cunt retain Rafa? Similarly, why would Rafa listen to the Fat Cunt? Those are empty promises anyway.

The only possible scenarios I can think of are

1. We ain’t getting sold, the deal is off; or

2. The takeover depends on Rafas decision, but not the direction we thought. That is, the Fat Cunt would sell the club only if Rafa decided to quit.

It looks more and more likely that it’s 2 to me.

Id love him to stay, but if he go's gutted but not the end of nufc. managers come and go, its been refreshing having someone who knows what hes doing but if the new bosses want someone else in charge then so be it

Just please not those two, one just about retired and the otherone wont have the money/players to make his ego happy so will fuck off very quickly. imagine mourinho only winning 12/13 matches a season

Guest covmag

Managers come and go I agree.

Good ones don't come along too often either yet we cant see it, well FCB cant.

The nightmare scenario looms large with every passing  day.

This bloke should be tied down yet we still piss around.

I've had a belly full again, the place can go fuck itself .

Managers come and go, yes.

One's who come and take to the club, the city, the fans and truly understand it and want to take everybody on the journey to build it all up from scratch, whilst having absolutely no intention whatsoever of wanting to go elsewhere despite the far better professional and financial roles that are readily available, are extremely rare.

Losing Rafa is more than losing a manager.

Managers come and go, yes.

One's who come and take to the club, the city, the fans and truly understand it and want to take everybody on the journey to build it all up from scratch, whilst having absolutely no intention whatsoever of wanting to go elsewhere despite the far better professional and financial roles that are readily available, are extremely rare.

Losing Rafa is more than losing a manager.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Losing Rafa will be the biggest act of self-harm since the appointment of JFK.

So fucking shameful and unnecessary.

He didn’t self harm, he got shot from the book repository

Guest alijmitchell

If Rafa goes and this takeover is a load of bullshit as I suspect, then I have to say, I'm totally out. Football would be dead to me.

If Rafa goes and this takeover is a load of bullshit as I suspect, then I have to say, I'm totally out. Football would be dead to me.

This is what I suspect also. 26 days left now and no pressure on the club still..

I wouldn’t be devastated if Mourinho got the job. He’s a proven winner and I suspect his demeanour would change managing a club he actually likes.

He even won titles with one of the worst Manchester United squads in recent memory.

Saying all that, I prefer Rafa. More so as a person to represent this club but he also has the coaching skills to match Mourinho.

Rafa has never had full reign at a club. Signing who he wants and running everything his way. I wonder why though? Why have employers been reluctant to give him what he wants?

On the flip side, if this takeover is bullshit then we’re going to be without either mentioned above and the possibility of Sam Allardyce or something other British clown coming in. And that’s probably 50/50 at the moment..

I’m heading that way too

Honestly think I'm out if Rafa goes, even if we get new owners. As others have said, Rafa brings so much more than just his actual ability as a manager. Will be a long time before we find someone else who fits and understands the club/city as Rafa does.

I personally can't stand Mourinho, going from Rafa to him would be a kick in the teeth for me  :lol:

The only reason I'm out is Ashley, he goes and it'll breath new life into the club.

Yeah I’ll be gutted if Rafa goes but I’ll get over it if there’s new owners. If Rafa goes and Ashley gets someone else in to try keep us up on minimal investment then I just can’t be bothered any more

Same here. I've already paid for next season's season ticket. Renewed in March in the total hope Rafa stayed  so I'm in for next season. Probably not go much if Rafa leaves and we're stuck with Ashley.

Will be cancelling after having my season ticket for 27 years if all of the above happens which it probably will.

Same here. I've already paid for next season's season ticket. Renewed in March in the total hope Rafa stayed  so I'm in for next season. Probably not go much if Rafa leaves and we're stuck with Ashley.

Will be cancelling after having my season ticket for 27 years if all of the above happens which it probably will.

What you mean not go much, you would actually still go Ashley and no Rafa?

Yee must be mental. :lol: