Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Didn't the Sheikh's people already say that the contract talks with Benitez were not their concern and should be dealt with by the current owner? Tbh that is strictly true, they can hardly interfere when the takeover hasn't been confirmed. At the moment this is purely a matter between Ashley and Rafa.

We heard that from that Ben guy who also said that mad guy on Twitter was the groups lawyer. Can’t really take anything as gospel

It's true regardless of who said it. Until NUFC officially acknowledge that the sale is going ahead all decisions about Rafa's future are Ashley's responsibility.

Guest neesy111

I don't believe that.  Rafa would already have a list of players he wants to sign especially as it's 10-11 weeks until the close of the transfer window.

Guest reefatoon

He scrapped that list though when he found out he is going to have billions to spend now. Brand spanking new list of the best of the best only.

If the takeover is serious, then you would have thought even a stupid cunt like Ashley would secure the services of the club's most prized asset in order to make the club more attractive to the buyer.

Unless the Sheiks don't want Rafa.... :yao:

I don't believe that.  Rafa would already have a list of players he wants to sign especially as it's 10-11 weeks until the close of the transfer window.

Yep, he would have had a list of names fully scouted by the time the season ended no doubt.

And this is the only bit of 'good' news about him.

28 days to go...

If I thought I would be the new owner soon, I would demand the club signs rafa to a new deal as it's obvious to everyone how important he is to this club.

Why have BZG not done this if they think they will be the new owners soon?

If I thought I would be the new owner soon, I would demand the club signs rafa to a new deal as it's obvious to everyone how important he is to this club.

It’s not as simple as that. What if Ashley gives Rafa a new deal giving him everything he wants then the takeover falls thru?

Guest godzilla

Budget might have changed though to what he thought  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

If he was leaving he would have gone by now.

Well he's still under contract. Not saying he doesn't want to stay but he sounds doubtful and I can't see Ashley being in a rush to tie him down amongst all this. Suddenly it'll be 30th June.

It’s not as simple as that. What if Ashley gives Rafa a new deal giving him everything he wants then the takeover falls thru?

See you when the takeover falls through and Rafa's gone then I guess.

It should have been sorted months ago.

Why did Ashley start talks with Rafa knowing full well of this supposed takeover though? It makes no sense at all.

Ashley has given no indication that the sale is going through, all we have heard is press speculation that if anything his camp is casting doubt on funds or even the seriousness of the bid. So I don't see how BZG can be in any position to insist on anything at this point, if anything it could be construed as them talking too much in public about business they don't have any right to.

Guest covmag

If he was leaving he would have gone by now.

I’m clinging to this, but we know he wants to stay but that means nothing cos this fat cunt can fuck it up in a stroke.

Takeover, not convinced

Rafa, not convinced

I nearly pressed the renew button last Monday, so glad I didn’t.

Definitely expecting this all to be fucked up, it’s how the fat cunt rolls.He could make it all so easy, sell, sign, fuck off, in that order.

That would be fucking amazing tbh :lol: Besides the fact we'd still have Ashley as owner ofc.

The current owner, i.e. fat cunt, should be sorting Rafa's contract out regardless of any potential takeover. If the new owners don't want Rafa that would be their problem, at this point they don't own NUFC.

The current owner, i.e. fat cunt, should be sorting Rafa's contract out regardless of any potential takeover. If the new owners don't want Rafa that would be their problem, at this point they don't own NUFC.

...and if the deal is close to completion and they’re waiting for that?

See you when the takeover falls through and Rafa's gone then I guess.

It should have been sorted months ago.

Why did Ashley start talks with Rafa knowing full well of this supposed takeover though? It makes no sense at all.

No sense at all? Get a load of this guy thinking Ashley operates within the boundaries of logic and reason  :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

I've just seen that a boro supporting mate of mine posted on FB that he's just walked past Neil Warnock at Newcastle Airport. Now, he was worried as a boro fan but I'm thinking that's a total ashley style appointment.

...and if the deal is close to completion and they’re waiting for that?

Then we'll just have to wait and see, otherwise it's all just speculation at this point. We really have no idea if the new owners would be happy to keep Rafa or they have someone else in mind, one journalist is saying one thing, another says something different entirely.

What are the views "if" the takeover happens.....regarding Rafa being replaced? Obviously the daily fail claimed Mourinho or Wenger, but has anyone any thought on the potential owners wanting their own man?

I'm not sure how I feel about it personally? But based on the squad we have they all work hard for Rafa and he has literally the whole of the north east behind him, but I'm sure if it was a takeover where a large budget was available and a new manager I'd be worried about the hard work Rafa's done with some of these players being undone. I've never really thought much about it, but I suppose you have to consider it now football is a business and nobody is ever safe anymore.

What are the views "if" the takeover happens.....regarding Rafa being replaced? Obviously the daily fail claimed Mourinho or Wenger, but has anyone any thought on the potential owners wanting their own man?

I'm not sure how I feel about it personally? But based on the squad we have they all work hard for Rafa and he has literally the whole of the north east behind him, but I'm sure if it was a takeover where a large budget was available and a new manager I'd be worried about the hard work Rafa's done with some of these players being undone. I've never really thought much about it, but I suppose you have to consider it now football is a business and nobody is ever safe anymore.

I'd be sickened if that were to happen. Rafa is the glue holding this club together, he's also the one who has been telling the world what a big club we are and should be and how attractive we should be to invest in.

Rafa's the one who injected a modicum of class and hope into this dire club during its dark Ashley years. What he has done for this club and the community is not something that can be easily replicated by another manager.

Still hoping everything will be sorted and we have some good news on Rafa and the takeover in a few weeks.