Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I think it would be one of the greatest disappointments of my life if he ended up leaving this summer, having never had a chance to actually get going.

The chances of it happening are remote, I know. Mike Ashley would be smiling from ear-to-ear, with the warm fuzzy feeling inside, if he were to read that post (and others like it).

[emoji38] That is the definition of finding fault with anything. Rafa justifies it in the article, he says he doesn't like to take players away from families but it's too long in between games. It's 4 days out of 21. Let's stick with Rafa's judgement over Ghostrider's.

Guest covmag

Change of routine, being able to train differently, less risk of muscular injuries, team bonding...so many benefits of this man.

just dont get taxi's  :lol:

Feels good to be considered 'too tactical' tbf. Haven't been able to say that much in my Newcastle-supporting life.

If Fulham get promoted, they'll need to become more tactical as well if they have the same squad. You need exponentially better players if you want to play attacking football at the top level.

His signings are having the impact desired, I know some have been critical of his signings but pretty much all of them have had an impact or did the job they were signed for.

Of course there's the likes of Joselu but that was obviously a last ditch bargain basement desperation, in the main I don't have too many complaints with the players he's signed.

Feels good to be considered 'too tactical' tbf. Haven't been able to say that much in my Newcastle-supporting life.

If Fulham get promoted, they'll need to become more tactical as well if they have the same squad. You need exponentially better players if you want to play attacking football at the top level.

True that.

I think they'd do pretty well with their current football against the bottom half to be fair.

Aye, they'll sign more quality but Sessegnon, Cairney & Mitrovic compares favourably with a lot of the bottom half in the final third.

Fair play to Mitro for his performances since moving, but it's a lot harder to score goals in the Premier, so I wouldn't be taking anything for granted just yet. Plus, we tried to play front foot football for a while this season and we got slaughtered. Premier teams punish you if you play too open, so you better be good if you are going to go forward in numbers.