Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

The players need to strike.

Centre circle sit in for the final friendly with the threat of further competitive games to follow.

Yes, the players sitting in the centre circle, striking because they're not good enough and they think they should be replaced with better players is realistic.

Inadequate facilities, inadequate bonuses, inadequate enablement from senior management, mistreated well liked colleague, not being given the tools to succeed in their careers.

The mind boggles at how little self respect those who still put their money towards this must have.

I know there's loads of you on here but please, for fuck's sake, STOP.

En-masse? Sure, all stop at once and make a difference. One guy on a forum calling for people in general to stop is not the way to win the war. It dillutes the match going fanbase to unreasonable, unreachable happy clappers that can't and won't form any part of a collective protest or boycott.

Wait, so your argument is that in order to effectively boycott the games, we need more people to keep turning up? this is completely nonsensical. Go if you want but this argument is beyond weak.

It makes perfect sense, don't be so obstinate :lol: Take it the logical conclusion - what's better, a stadium full of people who are an organisable group with a long-standing relationship with a club that a lot of their life revolves around, or a stadium full of people who turn up and sing 'Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle...' and go home, and turn up in 2 weeks time and just read what gets printed in the Chronicle and believe that we're a club that can never compete?

It doesn't make any sense at all, I'm not being obstinate. Your positing complete fantasy scenarios. The fact is those "stadium full of people" haven't done ANYTHING so far have they? To suggest its better to have people in the ground is complete rubbish, sorry to break it to you. You even said yourself they wont stop going, so a few chants against ashely, yeah that'll do it. Sure he'll be selling it straight away.

As i said before, why on earth would anyone who as you say "their live revolves around the club" want to give money to someone who is destroying it. There is no way that people who are day trippers stick around if crowds drop to 30k or under. Absolutely no chance.

Absolutely spot on. The day trippers are actually the early ones to give up going.

It works. It’s the only thing that works.

The mind boggles at how little self respect those who still put their money towards this must have.

I know there's loads of you on here but please, for fuck's sake, STOP.

En-masse? Sure, all stop at once and make a difference. One guy on a forum calling for people in general to stop is not the way to win the war. It dillutes the match going fanbase to unreasonable, unreachable happy clappers that can't and won't form any part of a collective protest or boycott.

Wait, so your argument is that in order to effectively boycott the games, we need more people to keep turning up? this is completely nonsensical. Go if you want but this argument is beyond weak.

It makes perfect sense, don't be so obstinate :lol: Take it the logical conclusion - what's better, a stadium full of people who are an organisable group with a long-standing relationship with a club that a lot of their life revolves around, or a stadium full of people who turn up and sing 'Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle...' and go home, and turn up in 2 weeks time and just read what gets printed in the Chronicle and believe that we're a club that can never compete?

It doesn't make any sense at all, I'm not being obstinate. Your positing complete fantasy scenarios. The fact is those "stadium full of people" haven't done ANYTHING so far have they? To suggest its better to have people in the ground is complete rubbish, sorry to break it to you. You even said yourself they wont stop going, so a few chants against ashely, yeah that'll do it. Sure he'll be selling it straight away.

As i said before, why on earth would anyone who as you say "their live revolves around the club" want to give money to someone who is destroying it. There is no way that people who are day trippers stick around if crowds drop to 30k or under. Absolutely no chance.

I don't think you're seeing my point. A protest is not singing a few anti-Ashley chants, it's boycotts, banners, sit-outs, sit-ins. You can't organise that with casual fans. Maybe you're right and there's just not enough people left in the match-going fanbase to form a collective group now so my point is moot and hindsight is always 20/20.

I disagree with the money going into his pocket aspect, it really is less than pennies to Mike Ashley. I daresay if the attendance gets so low he'll do what Sunderland did and give away free tickets - he wants the stadium plastered in SD advertising with crowds behind all the hoardings.

The damage is done to him via negative association of Newcastle United to Sports Direct. He won't want his brand associated with a toxic advertising vehicle. I daresay he could do entirely without any gate receipts and have a stadium full of free-ticketers and he'd still be absolutely net quids-in with balanced with the benefit the SD exposure gets.

Someone suggested sabotage towards the club and Rafa, seems pretty evident this may well be the case. Why Rafa hasn’t walked I just don’t know?

Because he'll owe them a significant amount of money if he breaks the contract. Only reason.

I agree that the damage is always going to be done by attacking SD and literally protesting on his front lawn.

Send the guy leaflets telling him why we want him out, chant outside his home, block his wagons in at Shirebrook, call out his friends (bishop). All of it will eventually get to him, be it him just saying it’s not worth the hassle, of me the stress literally attacking his body. One way or another we have to get at him and once we sink our teeth in we can’t let go.

Someone suggested sabotage towards the club and Rafa, seems pretty evident this may well be the case. Why Rafa hasn’t walked I just don’t know?

Because he'll owe them a significant amount of money if he breaks the contract. Only reason.

Yeah I don't get why people keep saying "why hasn't he left?"

Because he'll have to pay them £6m, that's why. Aside from him always honouring contracts, of course, but SIX MILLION QUID.

There's six million reasons why he'll stick out this season. It's not difficult to understand.

Rafa has a year left. He’s using it to make the fans turn on Ashley and hopefully we do enough to force him out within the year.

Rafa has a plan for this club and wants to make a legacy here, right from before he came he identified us as his ideal club, he’s spent 3 years here trying his best, he’s identified a potential buyer for us, he’s turned down the Spain national job position. He’s not going to walk away until he’s got nothing left. Right now he’s showing us his cards and showing what he’s got left to play. It’s up to us to make sure it’s enough to call Ashley’s bluff.

Because he'll have to pay them £6m, that's why. Aside from him always honouring contracts, of course, but SIX MILLION QUID.

There's six million reasons why he'll stick out this season. It's not difficult to understand.

Is this actual fact? I know people keep quoting it, but if he agreed to that without certain counter terms i’d Be amazed.

He’d win a constructive dismissal case easily. Especially with Ashley having previous

I agree that the damage is always going to be done by attacking SD and literally protesting on his front lawn.

Send the guy leaflets telling him why we want him out, chant outside his home, block his wagons in at Shirebrook, call out his friends (bishop). All of it will eventually get to him, be it him just saying it’s not worth the hassle, of me the stress literally attacking his body. One way or another we have to get at him and once we sink our teeth in we can’t let go.

I hate to say this but he's right. It's the only thing he cares about. A genuine fan-led boycott as a very minimum, more aggressive direct action over the coming months.