Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Wonder if we'll hear idiots in the press say Benitez is foolish to be moaning as it will adversely affect the players, like they did last summer before he had an average squad finish 10th. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's speaking so strongly now btw, he'll have seen the criticism Ashley is getting from fans and will want to add fuel to the fire.

Haha that's a brilliant interview.

NUFCTV: You got a good draw against Porto and defended really well. Now it just didnt quite seem to be the case.

Rafa: No we were poor in both games. The other day we were lucky to draw.

NUFCTV: Any positives to take?

Rafa: No.

It's not funny, dont know why Im laughing...

Yeah that's the least funny part tbh. I know he's now just going balls out of the bath in his brinkmanship with the cunt but it's sad that the team's morale has probably been decimated in the process of said cunt's bullshit.

EDIT: Before you say I'm one of your aforementioned idiots, IP :lol: I'm not blaming Rafa for the decimation of their morale. I'd imagine it were the same whether Rafa kept this behind closed doors or not. He needs to take this public stance and take the hopefully heart disease-riddled scumbag to task.

Must be demoralising working for that web tv shite. You know exactly what’s going on but you have to tow the line when it comes to what goes out.

Hardly like they’re on big money either so they all probably have mortgages riding on it.

Fair fucks to Rafa, stuck it right to them tonight.

That photo of Ashley as well, I can just picture him getting a phone call moments before that and just after Rafas interview, Wendy Taylor saying “we have a problem”

Imagine how terrible a person you must be to actually mess things up with Rafa to this extent man.

This is absolutely crazy. Feel terrible for Muto in particular. How rubbish must he feel right now?

As for Lee Charnley man. What a shameless stooge of zero character he is. Utter disgrace.

Imagine how terrible a person you must be to actually mess things up with Rafa to this extent man.

This is absolutely crazy. Feel terrible for Muto in particular. How rubbish must he feel right now?

As for Lee Charnley man. What a shameless stooge of zero character he is. Utter disgrace.

But the squad is fine KaKa, right?

But the squad is fine KaKa, right?

Anything but fine as it stands with no extra players in and the shit off the field I can't see it ending well at all. It's got relegation written all over it

Was wondering if you were going to remind us. :laugh: :thup:

It gives me no pleasure. While I am not a Newcastle fan, it is a club which I have admired from a distance. Based on our experience, expect some articles (from PFM aficionado reporters) coming out swinging strongly in favor of Mike touching on  one or more of the following themes:

- Rafa is a troublemaker who has rallied the fans against Ashley who has invested billions of dollars from his personal monies into the club and saved it from oblivion

- Ashley is a financially responsible and prudent owner and Rafa, fans are always unreasonable. Expect some mad names thrown in as examples of Rafa's demands.

- Newcastle fans have dreams above their station

Sad part is some of the fans do fall for that. In our case, thankfully the fans remained strong and some of our influential past legends in the media stepped up big time and kept up the pressure.

You may as well bring the entire club down from the inside Rafa, because it's fucking rotten to the core and needs burning to the ground. Feels like the end is nigh for Rafa and no-one could blame him. Tell everyone what cunts they are.

GTFI Rafa! We love you to bits. Best thing that has happened for us fans in ages. He’s got the fans away from apathy, at least a little. Rafa show your power, bring the pressure on, we are with you.

Rafa needs to just walk. The only person he's helping by staying is Ashley. He worked miracles from February on last season to keep us up, in-spite of Ashley fucking him over in January and the previous two transfer windows, and Ashley just stuck an extra £100m on the valuation of the club for Rafa's effort.

Personally I am glad that Rafa won't walk. He'll spend the rest of the season taking digs at the ownership, and I can guarantee you Ashley will be burning with rage every time Rafa lets rip. Also, one thing I admire about Benitez is that while his professional pride means he will always prepare the side properly, he won't worry about their fragile egos when he says the squad isn't good enough.

Guest covmag

just woke up to all this shit, i'm really torn on whether to bother this season now,  i want to go but whats the point .

theres a sick part of me that wishes Rafa takes us down on purpose to teach the fat cunt a lesson, yes it hurts to say that but i dunno what else to think as i don't want to be at the ground supporting the club with him in charge, i was pretty forgiving of Ashley but he's getting this so wrong ive had enough of it.

the PL is no fucking fun, Ashley is a cunt and Rafa should just walk out now  O0

Guest covmag

Rafa needs to just walk. The only person he's helping by staying is Ashley. He worked miracles from February on last season to keep us up, in-spite of Ashley fucking him over in January and the previous two transfer windows, and Ashley just stuck an extra £100m on the valuation of the club for Rafa's effort.

Personally I am glad that Rafa won't walk. He'll spend the rest of the season taking digs at the ownership, and I can guarantee you Ashley will be burning with rage every time Rafa lets rip. Also, one thing I admire about Benitez is that while his professional pride means he will always prepare the side properly, he won't worry about their fragile egos when he says the squad isn't good enough.

theres some merit in him staying but i'd think more of him if he just quit, it would have a bigger impact

It does have a slight feeling that Rafa is the only thing in Ashley's way of an eternal reign at the club. Rafa feels like NUFC's guardian atm.

If Benitez goes you can guarantee the next fucker who replaces him won't speak out against Ashley. Rafa is doing a good job of winding the fans up and generating that long absent anger towards Ashley. Hopefully he keeps doing it, a loss to Augsburg at home and more public slating of Ashley would do very nicely.

theres some merit in him staying but i'd think more of him if he just quit, it would have a bigger impact

Disagree totally. Ashley would bring in Allardyce or Pardew, and I can guarantee the vast majority of the fans would grumble for a while then sit their arses down to watch to see how the "new manager" would attempt to turn things around.