Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest chopey

Literally feeling sick from rage and disgust of these stories coming out. It's already terrible, but the depths Ashley is taking things is horrifying.

Normally I'd draw the line at physical harm to Ashely, but literally think he's due a big right hand and a broken nose from the next Toon fan that gets within striking distance. He deserves it big time. Get the fuck out of our club you parasite.

He seems to spend a lot of his time drinking outside pubs so it should be quite easy

Funny old timing this supposed bid for Stanley N'Soki, a suspicious mind would think it's a load of bollocks to discredit Rafa and make it appear Ashley is trying to buy players.

As if that would be true...

:lol:

Get yer bonus if finish top six, here's no squad improvement.

Ah the old impossible bonus target we've all seen these in our working lives before

What utter shithouses run our club

He’ll be furious at the amount he paid out last year. The cheek of us finishing so high up. £500k for every position above 17th.

Isn't it rafa that has made the contact because no other fucker is doing anything at the club?

But yes suddenly linked to two new players the day after Rafa's interview isn't just fishy.

If you believe Rafa did contact them, i don't and it's fishy alright, positively stinks like a Essex girl's knickers after a night out.

Full transcript

Q: Rafa, what are your reflections after that tonight?

Benitez: It was a bad game. We did not do things the way we have to.

“Ten days before the start of the season now and this is wake up call. We have to realise we can’t make these mistakes.

“Things are not going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection of that on the pitch.”

Q: What things do you mean when you say it’s not going well off the pitch?

Benitez: “Everything.”

Q: Are there any players close to coming in?

Benitez: “I have no idea.”

Q: The players told us after the game they couldn’t speak to us, why was that?

Benitez: “As I say things aren’t going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection.

“We were poor and we made too many mistakes. We have to wake up - that’s it.”

Q: Do you expect deals in the remainder of the window?

Benitez: “We will try to change things in the next 10 days. We will try our very best.

“I have no idea. We can talk and be close but after we’re not so close.”

Q: Is there money to spend?

Benitez: “I have no idea.”

Q: The fans are frustrated out there...

Benitez: “They have to be concerned. We are concerned. They have to be concerned.

“We are also concerned.”

Q: So you expect deals to be done?

Benitez: “Maybe, maybe not. I still think we need three or four more players.”

Q: What is the situation with Gayle?

Benitez: “It seems he will stay".

Q: Lascelles has been linked with a move away, could he go?

Benitez: “I don’t think we will lose any of the players we have at the moment but I can’t say too much.

“I can’t say too much about players coming because in the end it depends on so many things and we don’t finish the deals.”

What an absolute shit show..

If rafa gets the boot I would love to see a virtually empty ground for  the next home game #ifrafagoeswego!

He could leave today and thousands would still turn up for the Spurs without even knowing he'd gone.

Just on this subject, I had a look back to when Keegan walked.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/2684359/Kevin-Keegan-resigns-from-Newcastle-after-losing-power-struggle-with-Dennis-Wise-Football.html

As Keegan broke his silence, plans for a fans’ revolt were starting to gather momentum with angry protests and a mass boycott of the next home game, against Hull City a week tomorrow, now on the cards.

https://www.nufc.com/html/2008-09html/2008-09-13hull-h.html

Attendance: 50,242 - some 2,500 more than the attendance for the previous home game against Bolton, with the main difference being the increased away following.

As well as selling out their own 2,800 allocation, Tigers fans bought tickets in home sections. Some were turned away, but others kept a lowish profile and remained in the ground for the full game.

Empty seats were in evidence, but some had presumably been sold to fans who opted to boycott the game - but who still counted in the final total.

Benitez: “We will try to change things in the next 10 days. We will try our very best.

“I have no idea. We can talk and be close but after we’re not so close.

Sounds exactly like the Keegan scenario. Rafa talks to player and club, then to Ashley through Charnley, gets told the deal can be done but then they offer half the discussed price. Cunts of the highest order.

Ashley just seems determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It's just so baffling on so many levels.

It’s not baffling at all. He clearly can’t stand Rafa and wants him to walk, and is trying to make his position completely untenable to force the issue. He’s acting rationally and efficiently in pursuit of that preference.

Ashley just seems determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It's just so baffling on so many levels.

It’s not baffling at all. He clearly can’t stand Rafa and wants him to walk, and is trying to make his position completely untenable to force the issue. He’s acting rationally and efficiently in pursuit of that preference.

It's baffling as he's accidentally appointed someone enormously competent to run one of his major businesses and seems determined to fuck up that person's chances of succeeding, which would make him richer and his business grow. Aside from my partisan feelings towards Newcastle, on a purely business front it's just incredulous.

You the think the moron would've learnt his lesson after Keegan and just pay him to fuck off into the night.

Guesses he's banking on Rafa to quit so he can spread the "he's just a softie who walked after I wouldn't let him spend an eleventy billion dollars" that a lot of morons fell for hook, line and sinker after Keegan left and gamble that he won't get spanked by a tribunal again.

It's baffling as he's accidentally appointed someone enormously competent to run one of his major businesses and seems determined to fuck up that person's chances of succeeding, which would make him richer and his business grow. Aside from my partisan feelings towards Newcastle, on a purely business front it's just incredulous.

Newcastle makes him richer by staying in the Premier League with minimal investment, not by achieving genuine success.

I assume appointing Rafa was a bit of a panic move on his part because he was afraid we'd get relegated and never come back up unless he got somebody competent. He thought he could put up with the manager having a mind of their own as long as they could keep the club in the Premiership. Probably just changed his mind and decided it's more trouble than its worth, not having a yes-man.

Newcastle makes him richer by staying in the Premier League with minimal investment, not by achieving genuine success.

I assume appointing Rafa was a bit of a panic move on his part because he was afraid we'd get relegated and never come back up unless he got somebody competent. He thought he could put up with the manager having a mind of their own as long as they could keep the club in the Premiership. Probably just changed his mind and decided it's more trouble than its worth, not having a yes-man.

's

After Keegan resigned, Ashley avoided appointing any manager who would refuse to toe the line, I think Rafa's appointment was against his 'better judgement' but Ashley will always ultimately be in control by refusing to sign off on deals which would go against the club policy of buying low cost, appreciating assets. In the end, Rafa's heart probably ruled his head when he agreed to come here, naively believing he could change the model by offering the prospect of success.

btw

All this has got to be a joke, like an overtly elaborate Truman Show setup designed to torture the people of Newcastle for all the world to laugh at them, and every season they need to come up with something to twist the knife. I'm in Barcelona, but have you tried to sail off the mouth of the Tyne?

btw

All this has got to be a joke, like an overtly elaborate Truman Show setup designed to torture the people of Newcastle for all the world to laugh at them, and every season they need to come up with something to twist the knife. I'm in Barcelona, but have you tried to sail off the mouth of the Tyne?

:lol: