Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

After years of not being emotionally invested in the club. Reading that just makes me desperate for the takeover to happen and Rafa to stay until the day he retires.

I’m not sure how I feel about caring again?! It’s all going to come crashing down and hurt like hell, isn’t it?  :'(

After years of not being emotionally invested in the club. Reading that just makes me desperate for the takeover to happen and Rafa to stay until the day he retires.

I’m not sure how I feel about caring again?! It’s all going to come crashing down and hurt like hell, isn’t it?  :'(

Whilst Rafa's here Vlad, there's hope. That's how I'm seeing it anyway. It all hinges on him; the entire club's future.

Those quotes  :smitten: We're seriously lucky to have him!

f*** off Mike Ashley - you fat bellend!

This. He can get his lineups, formations and subs wrong as much as he wants. He'll do for me like.

The sun does indeed shine out of his arse, and anyone who doesn't think so can get a fucking sunburn.

Question: What is the goal for Newcastle this season?

We were in the Championship last year. That means we missed a lot of money from TV rights while the other teams have been able to add to their squads significantly. We are in a new phase, we must be patient. The key is to stay in the Premier League this season, regardless of the final positions. Then we will have a lot of money and we can strengthen ourselves significantly to go higher.

Call it blind optimism, but this statement makes me think (as long as we stay in the PL) that the takeover is very much still on to happen and Rafa has been assured of spends in advance.

Question: What is the goal for Newcastle this season?

We were in the Championship last year. That means we missed a lot of money from TV rights while the other teams have been able to add to their squads significantly. We are in a new phase, we must be patient. The key is to stay in the Premier League this season, regardless of the final positions. Then we will have a lot of money and we can strengthen ourselves significantly to go higher.

Call it blind optimism, but this statement makes me think (as long as we stay in the PL) that the takeover is very much still on to happen and Rafa has been assured of spends in advance.

It'll be mental if Rafa scrapes us up after all this then fucking stays again with Ashley as owner. Imagine if he lasts 3 years of it, Jesus.

Guest The Little Waster

Having Rafa in charge of us is akin to Lewis Hamilton attempting to drive a clapped out 3 wheel van ala Del Trotter

Nothing but one last desperate attempt at getting something done.

I think he's genuine though, He probably would consider extending his contract if he got the players he wanted. Next season he should have more money available anyway with the TV money available. Ashley basically has to invest around £20m and he'll get Rafa's signature on the contract IMO.

You also presume Ashley cares. He is here for the tv money then he will sell. 20m saved is a bonus. He doesn't care if rafa stays or goes that's the problem of whomever he peddles the club to.

On a more positive side of my newcastle caused split personality,  maybe Ashley will realise that 20m investment also increases the club's value. Especially if we stay up. No brainer minimum investment for maximum return.

The main problem with Ashley like my personalities it's unpredictable. He has always appeared to value his own opinion on footballing matters over the professionals he hires which has always ended bad, big surprise.