Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Can absolutely write off the rest of this season now.

Arrhhh fuck I've just swapped Zaha for Mutu in my dream team, I'll shaking my fist extra hard at the protest on Saturday now !!

Can absolutely write off the rest of this season now.

Could have said that before the Spurs game to be fair. Saturday is actually one I feel maybe 5% of my old feeling of wanting us to win as if we don't then it's going to be one hell of an effort to make 38pts not that it isn't already

Although if we get beat and it causes more focus on Ashley then I can live with that

When Sunderland beat us in the 1990 play off semi I actually cried and felt sick as a dog for days after.

When Man U beat us 1-0 at St James under Keegan I was gutted and knew then the title was gone.

When Shearer scored his hatrick against Leicester, when Tino destroyed Barca, when Rob Lee scored in the semi, when Bellamy sent us through against Feyenord I jumped around like a friggan idiot.

If we go down this season and Rafa goes Sports Direct United can just fuck off forever.

When Sunderland beat us in the 1990 play off semi I actually cried and felt sick as a dog for days after.

When Man U beat us 1-0 at St James under Keegan I was gutted and knew then the title was gone.

When Shearer scored his hatrick against Leicester, when Tino destroyed Barca, when Rob Lee scored in the semi, when Bellamy sent us through against Feyenord I jumped around like a friggan idiot.

If we go down this season and Rafa goes Sports Direct United can just fuck off forever.

Were we not still 3 points ahead with a game in hand after that?

when Rob Lee scored in the semi

I was 11 then, on those seats at the front that had no backrest and they were hardly on a slope so i saw next to nothing all game but did manage to somehow see Lee's goal. To be fair loads of people were saying can we sit down as there are bairns that can't see, but it was never going to happen really. I was with my mam and my dad and sister had tickets higher up, some random Geordie man lifted me up at the start so i could see the players coming out.  :aww:

It's horrendous how much that fat twat has ripped the soul out of the Club  :rant: :rant:

If thats true then the only reason Rafa is still here is because he's confident of a takeover.

He's just seeing his contract out then will be gone in a flash in the summer.

He wont want two relegations on his CV not matter what the circumstances.

I don't think there are more valid mitigating circumstances in the history of football tbh,don't think it harms him, his reputation or future employability in any way.

If thats true then the only reason Rafa is still here is because he's confident of a takeover.

He's just seeing his contract out then will be gone in a flash in the summer.

He wont want two relegations on his CV not matter what the circumstances.

I don't think there are more valid mitigating circumstances in the history of football tbh,don't think it harms him, his reputation or future employability in any way.

We know that, but he's a proud man so I don't think he'll see it that way. I also suspect if we get relegated, a lot of the pundits who have been sympathetic so far will start turning. Expect to see comparisons with Wolves or Brighton managers or other low profile teams if they survive.

I would just expect nothing and plan to go the whole season with this squad if I was him. He obviously knows he's not going to get any help

Some absolute random players will turn up from some war torn country for a half a season loan.  Only seeing a few minutes here and there, offering nowt.

‘We have the belief that we can survive because we did it last year': Rafa Benitez admits he does not fear the sack at Newcastle despite poor start

Rafa Benitez says he does not fear the sack despite Newcastle's winless start to the season.

If the Magpies fail to beat Brighton on Saturday day it will be the first time in Premier League history they have gone nine matches without victory from the outset of a campaign.

Benitez is not under pressure from supporters but owner Mike Ashley, mindful that the Spaniard looks set to leave at the of the season when his contract expires, could well act should he think uncertainty over the manager's future is having an adverse effect on results.

Asked if another manager could do a better job than him, Benitez said: 'You have to consider what happened when I came here and then when I decided to stay (promotion after relegation) and what is happening now.

'Everyone can see the problems before the start of the season (a £21million profit on transfers) then, once the season starts, everyone is talking about tactics, players, substitutions…

'But we cannot forget what happened before and our fans, they know. If you don't forget that, then you can understand where we are.'

Meanwhile, Benitez has hit back at the comments of Brighton captain Bruno, his fellow Spaniard having claimed the St James' Park crowd will turn on their team if the visitors score first on Saturday afternoon.

'The fans have something to prove, that Bruno is wrong,' he said.

'Bruno was saying the fans will get on top of the players, but one of our big strengths is our fans behind the team.

'If they see something wrong, they will still be supporting the team. The relationship between the players and the fans is strong.

The fans realise the players will need support. If we are united like we have been for years, we can do well. Hopefully, the fans will give us confidence for the rest of the season.'

I can see the dunce section of the support turning on Rafa if today doesn't go well.

Yep - noticed on social media lately several mentions of “negative tactics / boring football” etc forgetting the big picture - utter idiots

The next Newcastle manager will not be employed until Ashley is gone, Sports Direct United can employ anyone they want, but they have my support.

I can see the dunce section of the support turning on Rafa if today doesn't go well.

Yep - noticed on social media lately several mentions of “negative tactics / boring football” etc forgetting the big picture - utter idiots

Winds me up as some of the same names you see are ‘suport tha teem’ ers

Sadly Bruno's right. If we're not winning by 20 minutes theres going to be a lot of moaning and groaning.

surely we haven't got that bad??