Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I hope we don't sign anyone at all and suffer the consequences next season.

f***ing depressing :(

What a club, can read it like a book.

Customary avoidance of the fa cup 5th round by getting beat by Watford with a reserve team out then no signings.

Jesus all we ask for is make the 5th round and sign 1 half decent player and even that is beyond this club

Confused with what the news is. We all knew he was leaving in the summer unless Ashley gave him what he want, we knew that in September. Seems like Rafa just reiterating his stance through the press to pressure Ashley and maybe rally a few fans.

Ashley doesn't care so business as usual.

Despite this cash offer, Newcastle are believed to be focusing most of their effort on foreign loan signings because there is not the money available for permanent deals.

lol fuck right off man

Fuck me how can that be a thing. No money ffs.

From Lee Ryder.

The first thing that has to happen is that players are signed in this window - that is the first step.

If they're not then I would highly doubt that his future is going to be here unless there is a series of written assurances put into a contract in ways that he could potentially get out of if promises aren't delivered. I think it's very complicated - I think there is a lack of trust on both sides.

Rafa feels he has been let down in the last four windows, from what I understand Ashley feels that not all of the signings that were made were success stories, and whenever Rafa points to a player who he wants, he gets pointed back to a Lazaar or a Hanley.

The cheek of these cunts to accuse Benitez of wasting money on players when Ashley's failed transfer policy before Benitez arrived got the club relegated twice.

From Lee Ryder.

The first thing that has to happen is that players are signed in this window - that is the first step.

If they're not then I would highly doubt that his future is going to be here unless there is a series of written assurances put into a contract in ways that he could potentially get out of if promises aren't delivered. I think it's very complicated - I think there is a lack of trust on both sides.

Rafa feels he has been let down in the last four windows, from what I understand Ashley feels that not all of the signings that were made were success stories, and whenever Rafa points to a player who he wants, he gets pointed back to a Lazaar or a Hanley.

The cheek of these cunts to accuse Benitez of wasting money on players when Ashley's failed transfer policy before Benitez arrived got the club relegated twice.

They just know what to do or say to boil a rational person's blood. They gave McClaren 80m ffs. And have destroyed this club through their transfer policy and mismanagement. And they have the nerve to blame Rafa. Unbelievable.

It's easy to understand how Ashley would be gobsmacked at transfers like Lazaar and Hanley. He gets just about every item of stock for next to nothing, so even in a 90% off sale it still profits. He just needs to sit tight until robots replace human players. Then at least we can sell our Ameobi mkIIs on to the grainger market for sweeping up.

From Lee Ryder.

They just know what to do or say to boil a rational person's blood. They gave McClaren 80m ffs. And have destroyed this club through their transfer policy and mismanagement. And they have the nerve to blame Rafa. Unbelievable.

I think it was more that McClaren was given £80 million of players I dont for one minute think he chose them himself, it looks like Carr was the key here, Rafa ditched him and signed a couple of duds for buttons and now Ashley has another excuse not to buy.

Part of me just wants us to sign no one and Rafa tells them to shove it on 1st Feb

These cunts at the Helm need to be shown up to be the useless fucking cretins they are Ashley,Charnley,Barnes,Bishop there's a special place in hell for these 4 horsemen of the apocalypse

Do us all a favour Rafa go now  we've all fallen out of love with NUFC anyway. This club needs to plummet down the divisions and become worth less than a Joselu that will serve the fat cunt right

What is happening with us is no different to Blackpool and the Oystons yet clueless  cunts on TV still defend him

It's all eerily similar to the Jimenez/Wise situation against Keegan - disagreeing with his picks, putting lowball bids in for his targets, in Keegans case they even made bids for players he didn't want. They lied to Keegan that Milner would be replaced by Schweinsteiger ffs...clearly Rafa knows if he agrees to sell anyone the same will happen to him.

I wonder if Barnes has interviewed targets himself like Jiminez did. Wonder who they've said isn't good enough for the PL this time..

Rafa should walk, he's too good to put up with this.

So should our fans.

Loads of fans do the same RE money spent (wasted more like, see above).

Any conversation of money spent invariably brings up Murphy as if English Mike was going to spend that money schooling the kids of injured veterans or something.

Mahrez cost £500k don’t you know, why didn’t we buy him.

Loads of fans do the same RE money spent (wasted more like, see above).

Any conversation of money spent invariably brings up Murphy as if English Mike was going to spend that money schooling the kids of injured veterans or something.

Mahrez cost £500k don’t you know, why didn’t we buy him.

Pards said he didn't track back enough from what I heard when we were scouting him.

So who is to blame for Rivière, de Jong x 2, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa, Cabella to name a few. Rafa’s buys will end up with a decent profit if all were to be sold.

You can't get a profit on Joselu Manquillo or Murphy I'm afraid

Rafa recouped that money (and more) by loaning out Mitrovic to Fulham.

So who is to blame for Rivière, de Jong x 2, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa, Cabella to name a few. Rafa’s buys will end up with a decent profit if all were to be sold.

You can't get a profit on Joselu Manquillo or Murphy I'm afraid

Yes but you can from Dubravka, Ki, Schaar, Fernandez and Lejeune. 5 good PL players who cost a combined total of under £20m. That doesn't even buy the big clubs a squad player these days. When you are shopping In the bargain basement it's inevitable that you'll end up with duds but what Rafa has brought in with the peanuts he's had to spend has been nothing short of miraculous. Imagine what he could do with an actual transfer budget.

Part of me just wants us to sign no one and Rafa tells them to shove it on 1st Feb

These cunts at the Helm need to be shown up to be the useless fucking cretins they are Ashley,Charnley,Barnes,Bishop there's a special place in hell for these 4 horsemen of the apocalypse

Do us all a favour Rafa go now  we've all fallen out of love with NUFC anyway. This club needs to plummet down the divisions and become worth less than a Joselu that will serve the fat cunt right

What is happening with us is no different to Blackpool and the Oystons yet clueless  cunts on TV still defend him

Unfortunately the cunts at the helm look at the complete lack of collective will of the fans to make a stand against them and likely believe they and do anything they want. It seems pretty clear that they decided ages ago they didn’t want Rafa and have been trying to force him out ever since hoping he’d walk as conditions got tougher and tougher for him.