Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Carton House has just been booked for the teams training camp again this summer.

Looks like he’s making plans for if he stays? Very hard situation to read. Unless someone else at the club is deciding these things?

That's actually a really positive sign imo.

Carton House has just been booked for the teams training camp again this summer.

Looks like he’s making plans for if he stays? Very hard situation to read. Unless someone else at the club is deciding these things?

That's actually a really positive sign imo.

I hope so! My mate plays golf with one of the managers there. This lad organises a few rounds of golf for the team while they’re here too. Speaks very highly of the club generally.

Correct me if I’m wrong but we did go there once or twice before Rafa’s time?

I actually live a stones throw from the place, I would have gone to watch training last summer but our first baby was on the way so that was the end of that notion 🙂

I think a lot of supporters would have very mixed feelings about Rafa staying under Ashley without a whole series of cast iron guarantees about investment in players, the academy, the training ground and St. James Park. Unless Rafa gets them which I'm sure he won't, the quicker the whole thing blows up and burns to the ground the quicker we get rid of Ashley. With Ashley as owner there is no fucking point at all to this shell of the club that we love and in my case have supported for 50 years.

I think a lot of supporters would have very mixed feelings about Rafa staying under Ashley without a whole series of cast iron guarantees about investment in players, the academy, the training ground and St. James Park. Unless Rafa gets them which I'm sure he won't, the quicker the whole thing blows up and burns to the ground the quicker we get rid of Ashley. With Ashley as owner there is no fucking point at all to this shell of the club that we love and in my case have supported for 50 years.

I was absolutely adamant that Rafa would be leaving in summer, because I don't believe Ashley will satisfy Rafa's demands. I'm starting to get the feeling, though, that perhaps Rafa wants to stay and will compromise what he expects from Ashley.

I don't want to see Rafa in the dugout in August with more loans and frees, gritting his teeth after missing out on target after target. It would be his own fault, and I think there would be a lot of faith lost.

What's changed in the last week that people seem so certain he's going to leave now whereas it was more confident last week iirc?

When did we find out the team is no longer for fake sale? That's when I started playing Boyz II Men, tbh.

I think a lot of supporters would have very mixed feelings about Rafa staying under Ashley without a whole series of cast iron guarantees about investment in players, the academy, the training ground and St. James Park. Unless Rafa gets them which I'm sure he won't, the quicker the whole thing blows up and burns to the ground the quicker we get rid of Ashley. With Ashley as owner there is no f***ing point at all to this shell of the club that we love and in my case have supported for 50 years.

I like the sentiment and I agree with u but the whole burn to the ground thing,what are u expecting to happen an empty stadium, mass protests. That’s what should happen aye but It won’t, at least 48,000 will be sat there with a Tim sherwood in the dugout doing fuck all while abusing the likes of the magpie group.

If Ashley gives him what he wants he will stay. Even if he gets half of what he wants, he still might stay.. it would take a total fucking over to make him walk clean... that could happen.

But I’m more worried that Real Madrid will be looking over the managers they fucked over and realise that Rafa is just the man to rebuild them.. he would be given everything he wanted and there’s probably no major egos in the dressing room to deal with now as obstacles.

Will be a huge clear out there this summer.

Thing is even if he does compromise sufficiently, it’s like two political parties with opposing ideals in unsteady coalition  Stay on the gravy train v strive to compete. Whilst fans are happy to top up if not fund the former, what’s the overbearing message Ashley should change beyond chants and the occasional merry band of protesters?