Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Leaving has always been much more likely than staying, on a logical level.

If he decides he can put up with Ashley, that's possible. But Ashley will never do the right thing by him.

For such a methodical person, his career choices have been driven by emotion than logic. Of course, nothing is set in stone but I do think he is going to stay at Newcastle. Mainly because of how quite he has been. Rafa is not the type to quietly slip out of the back door. If he is leaving, he will drag Ashley through the mud. I think he is going to leave signing the contract till the very last minute so that he can get whatever leverage he can.

If he does leave it'll be because Ashley's been a cunt for years (and Rafa can only see that continuing or getting worse), unfortunately I can see a fair proportion of our fanbase laying into him and believing Ashley's PR.

On a separate note, the only way we can get rid of Ashley is to stop giving him money. I don't think its any surprise Almiron was signed as season ticket holders were jacking it in. If no one attended we might see us ran as a proper club even  :lol:

Think I should have posted this today after Rafa explicitly saying he's waiting for an answer from the club. Expect all sorts of planted stories in the press over the next month or so.

If he does leave it'll be because Ashley's been a cunt for years (and Rafa can only see that continuing or getting worse), unfortunately I can see a fair proportion of our fanbase laying into him and believing Ashley's PR.

On a separate note, the only way we can get rid of Ashley is to stop giving him money. I don't think its any surprise Almiron was signed as season ticket holders were jacking it in. If no one attended we might see us ran as a proper club even  :lol:

Think I should have posted this today after Rafa explicitly saying he's waiting for an answer from the club. Expect all sorts of planted stories in the press over the next month or so.

I agree mate, Ashley's PR machine will be going into overdrive to try and jettison Rafa but making it look like "we did everything we could" "our hands were tied" "the club feels it did all it could to meet the managers demands". When in fact they've just done fuck all all along.

That's be fear I'm afraid. It's a huge risk from Ashley but he doesn't give a fuck and there's enough fans who seem happy to go along with it.

He has to say that, really. Not a concern.

For anyone hoping that he is staying, I'd be very concerned.

Personally, all season I've worked on the assumption that he's gone this summer. I've not seen or heard anything to make me change that viewpoint. Ashley will want to bring in a lickspittle.

He has to say that, really. Not a concern.

Yes, yes, I'm sure Ashley has this all under control. Nothing to worry about, Ashley will get it done soon and swiftly enough. As always.

As fucking always.

I hate articles like this. We didn't even play badly today, but because we lost journalists like Lee Ryder have to create a narrative around Benitez's contract situation. It would have been a different story if we won. Expect another article like this tonight or tomorrow morning.

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/1114567673336205315

In sport the result is analysed, not the game

I hate articles like this. We didn't even play badly today, but because we lost journalists like Lee Ryder have to create a narrative around Benitez's contract situation. It would have been a different story if we won. Expect another article like this tonight or tomorrow morning.

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/1114567673336205315

We win and the text reads ""The discord between Newcastle United’s top brass and manager Rafa Benitez looked like it didn't seep on to the field during a home win against Crystal Palace."

Guest godzilla

I just can’t see him staying as there’s no chance Ashley will give him the money he requires to upgrade. Rafa has given his list to keep him here and that list is no doubt already in Ashley’s rubbish bin.

I really hope he doesn’t stay. If he does we just continue aiming to stay in the league. Ashley wins. Fuck that.

If Rafa stays, it'll mean he has concrete assurances written into his contract. No way will he put up with the same shit that he has over the last couple of years.

I think we all knew he was gone. The Luke Edwards stuff maybe made people more optimistic, but Rafa said it was in Ashley's hands and that essentially means it's done. For whatever reason, Ashley will never understand minimal investment means more profit.

I just can’t see him staying as there’s no chance Ashley will give him the money he requires to upgrade. Rafa has given his list to keep him here and that list is no doubt already in Ashley’s rubbish bin.

A few months ago I thought he might stay because he liked the support from the fans and it was ideal being close to his family. However, he has made it clear he is open to working abroad again and has no interest in another relegation scrape next season. He will never get what he wants from Ashley we might have a decent summer transfer window, but they will find a way to screw him over again. Benitez reminds me of Gordon Ramsay in Kitchen Nightmares USA in that he offers to helps and provides these great ideas to improve the restaurant yet the owners like Ashley insist in doing things their way and go back to their failed ideas which eventually leads to the restaurant down or Newcastle's case a long time in the Championship. I hope he does leave I remember that Braga press conference during pre season last summer and it was depressing how beaten down he was. He deserves better than this.

What happens to the sentiment of "If Rafa goes we go" if Ashley never gives him an answer and he leaves? Can people just stop paying for their season tickets that have already been bought? Or does Ashley just win again?

Guest neesy111

What happens to the sentiment of "If Rafa goes we go" if Ashley never gives him an answer and he leaves? Can people just stop paying for their season tickets that have already been bought? Or does Ashley just win again?

Yes they can just stop paying.