Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Dalian are in the process of building a 22 hectare training ground and academy, at a cost of $290 million (about £230 million), with 23 pitches, six of them floodlit, two with undersoil heating, two indoors and with a 5,000-seater stand, servicing its first, reserve, youth and women’s teams. There will be accommodation on-site, areas for teaching and rehabilitation, with conference facilities. It is due to open in December. Does that sound ambitious enough?

And in 3 years we painted the walls of the training complex....FFS man

And there it is!

This cunt can get in the fucking sea.

Some lass has just given him pelters on twitter over it. Says so what if Rafa has went to the Far East for money. Then asks what he’s been doing since getting sacked from Sky 😂😂😂😂

Rafa has earned the right to do what the fuck he wants.

Showed us respect, I show him respect. Ashley is the problem here.

Could be the first manager to win Champions League and Chinese League  ;)

Behind Lippi, but not a bad two man list to be on

Who are the most high profile managers to manage there Lippi, Pellegrini, Sven any others?

Capello and Scolari.

They do love a good geriatric manager from the 90s

Bit hypocritical of him saying hes gone for the money when he had to fuck off to the middle east after being caught on camera saying hed smash the arse off Chris Colemans wife

All this after ploughing his daughters best mate behind his wife's back

One of the lads is hairy hands......cunt

A new £230 million training ground there and he was afforded newly-painted walls here FFS

That struck me as well. Just goes to show how far we are falling behind, not just in the PL, but compared to other clubs the world over

Y'all need to watch some Chinese football, it's a decent standard.

Think we'll all be watching Rafa's team, like the majority of people promised months ago.

Well, I'm for Guangzhou but Dalian is cold and northern so I'm sure you'll all feel right at home :lol:

Bit hypocritical of him saying hes gone for the money when he had to fuck off to the middle east after being caught on camera saying hed smash the arse off Chris Colemans wife

All this after ploughing his daughters best mate behind his wife's back

One of the lads is hairy hands......cunt

Behind his Cancer stricken wife's back.

Just noticed the fucking coward cunt has blocked me after I had a go at him for the comments he made about Rafa a few days back. Piece of garbage.

I've been blocked for months off the tarmacing cunt.

Keys is pathological about Rafa because he took the piss out of Keys and Sky with facts in interviews at Liverpool over the criticism he'd get over zonal marking and rotation.

Boy does that man hold a grudge.

Okay, hope I can contribute something for you guys, as someone who lives near China

First of all, I genuinely don’t blame Rafa to go China because he didn’t have much options left, and that’s due to us. There were a huge lot of interests back in April, like Roma, but Rafa turned them all down till the end of June, because he wanted to stay with us.

And secondly, China is a very complicated market in relation to football. There are a lot of hidden terms and rules that are not disclosed to the public. For example, a lot of managers contract has a release clause that, if the manager has lost three games in a row, the club can sack him immediately without any compensation paid. In addition to that, there are a lot of requests from owners and even the govern bodies, and there’s basically no such thing as control of transfer. One recent example is most of the national team players are forced to transfer to Evergrande for a pre-determined fees set by the government, in order for “better preparation for World Cup 2022”. This ridiculous order had forced the reigning league champion to sell their MVP Wu Lei to Espanyol last January in order to prevent financial loss.

I think Rafa has been badly advised for this move.  I ain’t disappointed, I just feel sorry to this legend that he had to make this move because he wanted to stay with us, the real fans who really care for the club.

He won’t last in China for long. Worst fit imo. He would be back to Europe within one year.

Rafa is a top manager but a terrible picker when it comes to jobs and must have the worst agent in football (would have had to pay Newcastle to resign last season for example).

Okay, hope I can contribute something for you guys, as someone who lives near China

First of all, I genuinely don’t blame Rafa to go China because he didn’t have much options left, and that’s due to us. There were a huge lot of interests back in April, like Roma, but Rafa turned them all down till the end of June, because he wanted to stay with us.

And secondly, China is a very complicated market in relation to football. There are a lot of hidden terms and rules that are not disclosed to the public. For example, a lot of managers contract has a release clause that, if the manager has lost three games in a row, the club can sack him immediately without any compensation paid. In addition to that, there are a lot of requests from owners and even the govern bodies, and there’s basically no such thing as control of transfer. One recent example is most of the national team players are forced to transfer to Evergrande for a pre-determined fees set by the government, in order for “better preparation for World Cup 2022”. This ridiculous order had forced the reigning league champion to sell their MVP Wu Lei to Espanyol last January in order to prevent financial loss.

I think Rafa has been badly advised for this move.  I ain’t disappointed, I just feel sorry to this legend that he had to make this move because he wanted to stay with us, the real fans who really care for the club.

He won’t last in China for long. Worst fit imo. He would be back to Europe within one year.

Rafa is a top manager but a terrible picker when it comes to jobs and must have the worst agent in football (would have had to pay Newcastle to resign last season for example).

He’s getting £12m a year after tax. Sounds like a fuckin canny agent to me

Guest neesy111

It's clear China are on the way to being a football superpower in the next 20-30 years.  This sounds an ideal project for Rafa to help with that.