Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

From Rafa's latest blog:

"There are a couple of things which clearly remind me of Newcastle. The first is the hotel we’re staying in, ‘The Castle’, which reminds me daily of the good times I had in Newcastle and of the ongoing kindness and positivity I received there from the fans, to which I will slightly digress. They appreciated the commitment we had when choosing to stay at Newcastle, and the efforts we made to continue being there, but unfortunately, as they say in England, ‘a leopard can’t change its spots’. A lot of things kept us attached to the club, to the city, and to its fans, but a lack of project as well as unfulfilled promises meant we had to look forwards and follow a different path, as others such as Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan have done whilst continuing to be supported and to support the team. There’s nothing wrong with thinking about the past, but it’s also important to look to the future. For this reason, all I have left to say is that I truly wish the team and Steve Bruce the best for the following season."

:)

Can't believe some have tried to throw this man under the bus. Imagine the excitement this season had Rafa stayed and was allowed to spend on his signs :(

Saw this section of his blog posted by a Newcastle fans Facebook page.

First comment:

"This the bloke who left us purely for a 150% pay rise?"

Fuck sake.

Shoot me now.

https://twitter.com/Nikijosie/status/1158313524801748992?s=19

Too many of our fans are just thick as fuck, and are the reason Ashley is still here and will be until he either dies or the club plummets to the lower divisions. They'll "get behind" any pathetic excuse of a manager he brings in and continue to line his pockets all the while claiming "Ashley won't stop me going" or whatever other tripe they come out with, as if they are actually getting one over on him by going to games 

It's a sad reality to face because you realise absolutely nothing can be done about it. You can't cure stupid.

What makes people think he can’t do a project in China?

With the funds he’s being given over there he could possibly set up an academy over there that would mop up all the talent in Asia. He’s already being back for first team transfers, it won’t take him that long to put his philosophy on the club there.

Stupid to think just because it’s a developing league, there’s no chance to set up a project there. 10 years ago Belgian went to developing league in the USA, now look at it. Arguably the teams over there have better talent and prospects than UK teams. We bought Almirón from them for quite a price, a few weeks earlier Bayern Munich bought Alfonso Davies for a similar fee.

If anything working to elevate Chinese football is a bigger and potentially better project than anything you could do in England.

For a manager who is starting or finishing his career maybe, but for Rafa who is intensely ambitious, you would have thought he would still want to win stuff at the top level. I thought he would have stayed in Europe tbh.

With the funds he’s being given over there he could possibly set up an academy over there that would mop up all the talent in Asia. He’s already being back for first team transfers, it won’t take him that long to put his philosophy on the club there.

Stupid to think just because it’s a developing league, there’s no chance to set up a project there. 10 years ago Belgian went to developing league in the USA, now look at it. Arguably the teams over there have better talent and prospects than UK teams. We bought Almirón from them for quite a price, a few weeks earlier Bayern Munich bought Alfonso Davies for a similar fee.

:thup:

Dalian is possibly a bigger project than Newcastle in terms of setting up infrastructure, staff and getting a good team together.  Challenging the big 3 in China would be a huge undertaking assuming he has the backing of the owner.

Dalian is possibly a bigger project than Newcastle in terms of setting up infrastructure, staff and getting a good team together. Challenging the big 3 in China would be a huge undertaking assuming he has the backing of the owner.

Already turned them from 11th to joint 5th :smitten:

5 wins in 7 games.

Only lost 1 in 7 games.

18 goals in just 7 games.

And into the Semi Final of the Cup playing one of the bottom sides.

He might win a trophy before we even win a Premier League game :laugh:

Shanghai will win the cup but it'll be interesting to see what he can do with them next season.  Shanghai, Guoan and Evergrande will probably still be out of reach but he might be able to get them to the best of the rest.

Dalian is possibly a bigger project than Newcastle in terms of setting up infrastructure, staff and getting a good team together. Challenging the big 3 in China would be a huge undertaking assuming he has the backing of the owner.

Already turned them from 11th to joint 5th :smitten:

5 wins in 7 games.

Only lost 1 in 7 games.

18 goals in just 7 games.

And into the Semi Final of the Cup playing one of the bottom sides.

He might win a trophy before we even win a Premier League game :laugh:

Stop it  :weep:

From Rafa's latest blog:

"There are a couple of things which clearly remind me of Newcastle. The first is the hotel we’re staying in, ‘The Castle’, which reminds me daily of the good times I had in Newcastle and of the ongoing kindness and positivity I received there from the fans, to which I will slightly digress. They appreciated the commitment we had when choosing to stay at Newcastle, and the efforts we made to continue being there, but unfortunately, as they say in England, ‘a leopard can’t change its spots’. A lot of things kept us attached to the club, to the city, and to its fans, but a lack of project as well as unfulfilled promises meant we had to look forwards and follow a different path, as others such as Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan have done whilst continuing to be supported and to support the team. There’s nothing wrong with thinking about the past, but it’s also important to look to the future. For this reason, all I have left to say is that I truly wish the team and Steve Bruce the best for the following season."

:)

Can't believe some have tried to throw this man under the bus. Imagine the excitement this season had Rafa stayed and was allowed to spend on his signs :(

Saw this section of his blog posted by a Newcastle fans Facebook page.

First comment:

"This the bloke who left us purely for a 150% pay rise?"

Fuck sake.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ashley is employing a troll farm on this.