Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Still maintain that if he's given the time and he gets his players back that they'd be my tip to nab 6th with a late run of form. Starting to doubt he'll be given the opportunity though.

Can I have a few pints of what you've been drinking please.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Mourinho has never taken on a challenge as large as Everton before. Especially with no cash to spend.

Don’t buy that too much at all. Everton’s squad is no worse than Arsenal’s, for example. Yet they’re eight points and nine places behind them.

Teams like Brighton, Brentford and Palace above them. Getting knocked out the cup by QPR.

He’s underperforming with the resources at his disposal, regardless of what transfer budget he has or hasn’t had.

I want to be clear that I wasn't directly comparing their circumstances in career, just the twin qualities of this situation and ones Mourinho found himself in towards the end -

1. Results consistently under par + comments about decreased managerial ability / dressing room / "outdated" tactics etc

2. A defense being offered that it's actually just the players fault for not going along with grand plans

I also wasn't saying he's necessarily already in that zone just that he's on the precipice.

Edited by thomas

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Don’t buy that too much at all. Everton’s squad is no worse than Arsenal’s, for example. Yet they’re eight points and nine places behind them.

Teams like Brighton, Brentford and Palace above them. Getting knocked out the cup by QPR.

He’s underperforming with the resources at his disposal, regardless of what transfer budget he has or hasn’t had.

Careful, you're not allowed to criticise wor Rafa on here........

5th highest spenders in the league over the last five years Everton apparently, they are absolutely terrible  though and have nothing at all to show for it , shows how easy it is to go wrong even if you spend a load of money .

16 minutes ago, Decky said:

Came to post this. I’d take it but would Howe be happy with that? It’s his call, Rafa has missed the boat with us now. 

Not sure. I'd quite like to see it. If Benitez was mapping out the project in terms of getting the facilities upto scratch, Scouting in place, academy feeding players through, etc. Getting players to buy into Newcastle, I think he'd be well poised for it.

Rafa is on a hiding to nothing at Everton. I'm unsure why he took the gig.

Everton are in the shit. They've exceeded their FFP limit and have very little to show for it, bar perhaps 4-5 players. He took the gig not only knowing this but knowing the fans would be on him from the off.

They got off to a good start, but then suffered a couple of key injuries. Once their form went, the support went and the momentum has totally reversed. The wheels have come off and he doesn't look like he has an answer. Its only going to end one way and it was always a matter of when not if.

47 minutes ago, Paully said:

It was never going to work there - look at their fans’ banners when it was speculated.

if only he had of waited a few months…….he must be gutted about that 

We did want him after sacking off Bruce didn't we but he stayed loyal to them?

36 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

We did want him after sacking off Bruce didn't we but he stayed loyal to them?

Yeah apparently we asked the question but he didn’t want to leave. 

Thought they were quite lucky at points in their early good spell to be honest. A lot of the time in large portions of those games they were fairly terrible and it seemed obvious they'd not be able to sustain those kind of results playing like that. 

Everton have much bigger problems than just Rafa but there's no doubt he's doing a poor job there too. 

Proper toxic atmosphere at Everton like. I hope Rafa is still there and that they’re still struggling by the time we go there just after Christmas. Early goal, away end singing about Benitez would just about do it for us.