Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United - 24/09/17 @ 4pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Agree with the posts saying that we have a chance of winning but would take a draw.

I would like to see us have a real go at this one though - set up like we did against West Ham and Stoke at home even though we're at their place. Really don't expect us to do this though and no doubt Rafa knows what's best much better than I do!!

Thought they played OK yesterday, looked tight on the highlights.

Scoring enough goals will be their main problem all season I suspect...maybe like us (though I fancy Joselu to score a few: impressed with the lad so far)

4 points from next two would be dream, would be happy with draw.

Guest Howaythetoon

One thing about this fixture, there will not be many goals so perhaps 1 or 2 all game. I fancy us to nick it 1-0 ala Swansea away, but I could easily see 1-1, 0-0 or 1-0 to them. Quite a range...

Hard to call. We had off days last season when it was expected we'd win. Think Rafa is quick to point this out with the repeated use of "over confident"

Brighton are a good side but if we keep it compact they'll get careless eventually.. this is Rafa's way.

What was especially pleasing this weekend was how we didn't lose the heads when Stoke scored, even the team that finished 5th a few years ago didn't have that in their locker. (It either went well for us or it didn't)

You have to say we could have gotten something from every game so far this season, I see no reason why this should be any different.. 2-0 win I'm going for. Richie and Joselu

Couldn't stand these fuckers last season.  There was something a bit fishy about them getting 946 penalties over the course of the season and the fact they were the media's darlings made them even more irritating.  Come to think of it, that Knockaert was a right cheating, whiny little prick when we played them down there and their fans got on my nerves.  The only thing remotely likeable about them is Chris Hughton, top man!

I hope we smash them.

One thing about this fixture, there will not be many goals so perhaps 1 or 2 all game. I fancy us to nick it 1-0 ala Swansea away, but I could easily see 1-1, 0-0 or 1-0 to them. Quite a range...

A goalfest awaits now.👍

Think i'd lose my shit if we won 4 in a row.

When was the last time we won 4 on the bounce in the prem?

A goalfest awaits now.👍

Think i'd lose my s*** if we won 4 in a row.

When was the last time we won 4 on the bounce in the prem?

Pardew in 2014 I think. Beat Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool and West Brom.

Wow, only a few years back. I forgot obviously due to how monotonous a time it was.

:lol:

Been trying to find what our record is for successive PL wins out of random interest. Turns out it's 6; achieved in 1994/95 and 2011/12.

Then we lost to Wigan iirc (in 11/12). 4-0 down at HT :lol:

Free hit. Looking at teams at this stage of season over the last 4 or 5, any team with more that 7 has not went down from what I can see and if we have 14 points after 10 games then mid table is likely. 2 wins in next 5 would be fine, pickup a win here and just maul Liverpool :)

Free hit. Looking at teams at this stage of season over the last 4 or 5, any team with more that 7 has not went down from what I can see and if we have 14 points after 10 games then mid table is likely. 2 wins in next 5 would be fine, pickup a win here and just maul Liverpool :)

I'm not even thinking in terms of staying up at the moment. We've just won three in a row and Rafa Benitez is our manager, we should be looking at what it will take to finish top ten, and in those terms, a draw would be decent. We showed last year that we can beat them, and I wouldn't be surprised if we do.

I'm not even thinking in terms of staying up at the moment. We've just won three in a row and Rafa Benitez is our manager, we should be looking at what it will take to finish top ten, and in those terms, a draw would be decent. We showed last year that we can beat them, and I wouldn't be surprised if we do.

Agree and think we have one of the best defences at present. JUst realistically we need to stay up and build from there. Top 10 would be cum inducing right now.

We can be better away, think we'll grind out a boring 1-0 victory

A boring 1-0 victory would be great! Not just in terms of the result but I'm not sure how much longer I can physically take the heart in your mouth style of Newcastle United!