Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United - 24/09/17 @ 4pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Brighton look like rabbits caught in the lights so far. A steady start and then impose ourselves, their fans seem to be intent on projecting impending doom which will play right into our hands.

Definitely think we need to change Ayoze, we need more goal threat from that position. He does do the covering work and dispossesses other players during the game but we honestly need much m ore than that from a number 10.

Same team from last week but with a new number 10... Rafa, you can choose if you like :)

Brighton look like rabbits caught in the lights so far. A steady start and then impose ourselves, their fans seem to be intent on projecting impending doom which will play right into our hands.

Definitely think we need to change Ayoze, we need more goal threat from that position. He does do the covering work and dispossesses other players during the game but we honestly need much m ore than that from a number 10.

Same team from last week but with a new number 10... Rafa, you can choose if you like :)

To be fair to Brighton, they did well for the most part against City, and looked pretty comfortable until the last 20 minutes. Then they comfortably beat West Brom who were unbeaten at the time.

Think this will be a lot harder than people are expecting, just hope the players aren't over confident going in, happened a couple of times last season.

Confidence and self-belief are high. Recent history against them is in our favour (and then some). As long as they don't score early I think this is eminently winnable. Can't quite get my head around us winning four in a row (given close season) but putting that aside, Howay the Lads!

I wouldn't drop Perez, he's doing what Rafa wants and he's in decent form. If we had an actual number 10 then maybe, but we don't.

I wouldn't drop Joselu either, but it's a headache when both strikers are playing well, but not scoring goals. If they do, we'll win.

Bring back Shelvey, and with Merino, dominate their shite midfield.

Easy victory.

It's probably right to give him a go, just still feel pissed off at him at the red. We are winning without him and he can fuck off a bit longer is the feeling gnawing at me.

Win this and a defeat to Liverpool would be OK. 2 points from both games would be good going, however. I'd like 4 points though as I think we can beat these and get a draw at home to Liverpool. We'll probably lose :D

I honestly feel that Liverpool is just a winnable a game as Brighton. Klopp absolutely hates playing against teams that soak up pressure and counter, and they're appalling at defending set-pieces while we have Lascelles and Clark.

Only thing that will be difficult about Liverpool is if they have Mane/Coutinho playing together by then, and they rifle in low shots against Blobby.

Bring back Shelvey, and with Merino, dominate their shite midfield.

Easy victory.

It's probably right to give him a go, just still feel pissed off at him at the red. We are winning without him and he can fuck off a bit longer is the feeling gnawing at me.

I can't see Rafa taking Hayden out in an away game, especially after winning three on the bounce.

I wouldn't drop Perez, he's doing what Rafa wants and he's in decent form. If we had an actual number 10 then maybe, but we don't.

Aye, that´s a good point.

As a possible Nº10; I would like to see how Ritchie could perform there, and put one of aarons or murphy in his place on the wings.

LOL why is right to bring Shelvey in? He's on the bench as he deserves.

:thup:

Really wouldn't be changing anything at the moment. I know Hayden is probably the worst of the three starting midfielders, but he's earning his place by being part of a winning team. His defensive mindedness is also an attribute you can't give Shelvey.