Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United - 24/09/17 @ 4pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Free hit. Looking at teams at this stage of season over the last 4 or 5, any team with more that 7 has not went down from what I can see and if we have 14 points after 10 games then mid table is likely. 2 wins in next 5 would be fine, pickup a win here and just maul Liverpool :)

Don't care about relegation, or top 10 or any of that nonsense atm. It's September and none of it matters.

Just looking forward to each game and hopefully we can continue make improvements each week, won't even look at the table till Christmas probably.

Think it will be tough this one. Its a game where they need to secure 3pts if they are to survive (newly promoted team at home) and at the same time one we are expected to win or get something out of, like Huddersfield away. Another game with any possible outcome.

TBH we've been unlucky drawing both promoted teams away from home this early one, this is where most get their points before tailing off.

Free hit. Looking at teams at this stage of season over the last 4 or 5, any team with more that 7 has not went down from what I can see and if we have 14 points after 10 games then mid table is likely. 2 wins in next 5 would be fine, pickup a win here and just maul Liverpool :)

Don't care about relegation, or top 10 or any of that nonsense atm. It's September and none of it matters.

Just looking forward to each game and hopefully we can continue make improvements each week, won't even look at the table till Christmas probably.

You should take a look at it now mate :) O0

At the moment it feels like we can nullify the threat of all except the very best, we're so organised and combative, and really forcing goals over the line. We can be confident of a good result.

BUT it also feels like one of those really typical defeats. Like, for example(s): win 6-0 at QPR - lose at home to Wolves. Win 9 in a row - lose at home to relegation-zone Blackburn. Win at Spurs - draw at home to Villa. Win six on the bounce - get humped 4-0 at Wigan.

We have em every single year; so do most teams, probably. Peaking peaking peaking... then back down to Earth with a bump.

Would probably take a draw.

Guest firetotheworks

As Rafa spoke about in his interview after Stoke, I don't expect that we'll win every game, so I honestly couldn't put a prediction on this one, but I do expect us to compete and the only prediction that I can make with a degree of likelihood is that I can't imagine us being thrashed. 

If we play as organized as we have the last 3, then we should be taking 3 points at Brighton. I'd go unchanged for the starting 11 here.

Word.

Given we haven't played any of the best teams yet, we should be going all-out to collect points right now.

Spurs?

If we play as organized as we have the last 3, then we should be taking 3 points at Brighton. I'd go unchanged for the starting 11 here.

Different game tbf, we'll probably have to be more expansive against Brighton than we were against West Ham, Swansea and Stoke. For this reason i wouldn't be surprised if we don't look as organized.

Which is why dropping points wouldn't surprise me.

Different game tbf, we'll probably have to be more expansive against Brighton than we were against West Ham, Swansea and Stoke. For this reason i wouldn't be surprised if we don't look as organized.

Which is why dropping points wouldn't surprise me.

I really don't agree with anything you just said :lol:

Just hope this one game at a time mentality keeps going and the players keep their feet on the ground.  Sure Rafa will not have it any other way.

This extra time between games must surely help that and our preparation. Not sure Brighton (as yet) have looked particularly threatening.  Hopefully a clean sheet and the chance to grab one or two the other end.

A positive result here really would make the Liverpool game one to look forward to!

Have to say I am really liking the honesty around our current team and the way they are all pulling together. 

I think we'll be strong at the back, this is the most organised and tough to break down NUFC side I've seen in my 21 years supporting the club. The only thing that I'm worried about at the moment is how we're squandering chances up front, we needed a goal scorer in the summer and we still need one now, the guys we have will score, I just hope it's enough. The only worry is one mistake is all it takes for the opposition to score. If one of our front line can find some kind of form we'll be fine. If not we need to get a goal scorer in January.

We have enough in the team to get a result here but I think it'll be a much more cagey affair than the previous games.

Changing my prediction, think we will win. It's going to be tough to win 4 on the bounce but we are better than Brighton, we showed that last year twice. This will be a tough game for them as they are at home they will be expected to push, they can't play like they did against Man City or in their last game against Bournemouth, we will defend better than West Brom did against them. Brighton 0-2 NUFC and we'll move up to third in the table.

Wow, only a few years back. I forgot obviously due to how monotonous a time it was.

:lol:

Been trying to find what our record is for successive PL wins out of random interest. Turns out it's 6; achieved in 1994/95 and 2011/12.

Then we lost to Wigan iirc (in 11/12). 4-0 down at HT :lol:

:lol: As great as that season was due to Cabaye and our front 3, it was riddled with Pardewisms. Didn't he say we were going to "let our hair down" at Spurs, only to get turned over 5-0, 4-0 down at HT? :lol:

Wow, only a few years back. I forgot obviously due to how monotonous a time it was.

:lol:

Been trying to find what our record is for successive PL wins out of random interest. Turns out it's 6; achieved in 1994/95 and 2011/12.

Then we lost to Wigan iirc (in 11/12). 4-0 down at HT :lol:

That was it for Pardew. Whatever attacking football we ever played under him (mainly during that 6-win streak...) completely disappeared on account of that Wigan game.

This.

Watched Brighton against Bournemouth and thought they were poor and lacking at times I really think we can get 3 points here.

Our organisation has been hugely impressive and effective under Rafa and no one really deserves to be dropped.

Rafa usually throws in a tactical surprise or two though !

Hopefully Joselu's trio of misses last week was just a blip.

We also have Lejeune, Shelvey, Gayle, Murphy, Manquillo and Gamez to come on if any injuries or anyone not performing.

Love how Rafa brings on Gayle and Shelvey late on when we are defending a lead and the opposition start to get desperate and push players up !