Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United - 24/09/17 @ 4pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Guest firetotheworks

Pleased to see that the confidence is up among us, that can have a brilliant positive effect on the team. We just need to remember that it's not always going to go to plan and there'll be some off days that we just need to put behind us.

WTF are Sky thinking picking this one as their prime live game, it's almost certain to be a terrible watch for the neutrals, both teams are set up to not lose first and foremost, we are better at it than them, that's why I give us the edge here, but I'll be shocked if it's a classic for their viewers.

WTF are Sky thinking picking this one as their prime live game, it's almost certain to be a terrible watch for the neutrals, both teams are set up to not lose first and foremost, we are better at it than them, that's why I give us the edge here, but I'll be shocked if it's a classic for their viewers.

Our next 3 games are all the main games on Sundays on Sky.

That's stupid for the neutrals, we kill the life out of games, honestly don't understand them outside the Liverpool game of course which is an obvious choice. I'm not complaining about our style it's absolutely what we have to do to survive in this league and we are doing it pretty effectively of late but unless we have a bad day at the office it'll be 3 goals or less in 3 games for Sky.

That's stupid for the neutrals, we kill the life out of games, honestly don't understand them outside the Liverpool game of course which is an obvious choice. I'm not complaining about our style it's absolutely what we have to do to survive in this league and we are doing it pretty effectively of late but unless we have a bad day at the office it'll be 3 goals or less in 3 games for Sky.

FWIW I don't think Sky & BT have picked all of our away games apart from West Brom (a), which is midweek, for the quality of football.

I dunno. Ive quite enjoyed watching us last few games, especially the home ones.

I love watching us, I'm glued to the TV while we are on and it's great when we win of course but for the neutral it must be awful as our primary goal and Rafa's big strength area is to stop the opposition from hurting us. We are biased but someone sitting in Norfolk or the home counties or wherever that doesn't have a black and white allegiance and turns on our games to watch a bit of footie will not be in for a fun 2 hours or so.

Don't we have a relatively high number of shots per game? We're hardly West Brom. We attack quickly and efficiently when we have the ball. I watched the West Ham and Stoke games with a neutral and he enjoyed both.

Despite my obvious bias I thought the Stoke game was a really good game.

We're on the TV cos we're box office. Even when we're shite to watch, we're an attractive viewing option. I'm not sure why this is, since everybody never seems to want to shut up about us being a deluded small club, but the fact is the viewing figures back it up - and that's why we're always picked for Sky.

We're on the TV cos we're box office. Even when we're s**** to watch, we're an attractive viewing option. I'm not sure why this is, since everybody never seems to want to shut up about us being a deluded small club, but the fact is the viewing figures back it up - and that's why we're always picked for Sky.

Aye. Sky revamped their channels mainly due to their viewing figures for the PL going down, the main factor for it is us getting relegated and watching Championship games instead. And although some people hate the fact that you've already mentioned, we are a big club and Rafa Benitez will be a factor as well imo.

Would be happy with a point, they will be right up for it at home and made easy work of West Brom there. 3 points would be fucking great though and we are more than capable of getting them.

Hope that if we don't win or end up losing people don't over react.

We're on the TV cos we're box office. Even when we're s**** to watch, we're an attractive viewing option. I'm not sure why this is, since everybody never seems to want to shut up about us being a deluded small club, but the fact is the viewing figures back it up - and that's why we're always picked for Sky.

Is it not because each club has to be on so many times so get them out the way early, add to that the media were expecting the possibility of an NUFC in chaos, always a story they love,  with Rafa having walked (as that was the scenario the media seemed to believe when the TV games were announced).

Is it not because each club has to be on so many times so get them out the way early, add to that the media were expecting the possibility of an NUFC in chaos, always a story they love,  with Rafa having walked (as that was the scenario the media seemed to believe when the TV games were announced).

Sky attributed the drop in viewing figures for last season partly to our relegation (and also Villa) whilst the Championship figures showed a huge increase.

There have been a few seasons where we have been shown more than one of the top 4 teams even when we have been rubbish.

There does seem to be an extraordinarily high number of TV games for us at this point in the season especially against lesser teams but the cynic in me thinks that we will be hearing how their viewing figures have increased which they will attribute to their new subscription packages.

Guest Howaythetoon

Win this and a defeat to Liverpool would be OK. 2 points from both games would be good going, however. I'd like 4 points though as I think we can beat these and get a draw at home to Liverpool. We'll probably lose :D