Southampton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/10/17 - Post-match reaction from page 29

Dave

Any points away from home are good. Losing points due to a slight misjudged tackle is a pitty, he had a fairly good game up until he cost us a pen. I also feel If we had top quality fire power up top we could be a top 10 side no problem in this league, dicipline on the tactics appears to be there just short on a regular scorer.

Address Gk,Lb, and forward positions and we will be a good side.

Solid performance and very compact. Players know where they are what they should be doing in most situations. Beginning to look like a well drilled side. Probably would be top 4 if Rafa had been given some real money. :)

For such a supposedly hard man as a player, Keown doesn't half go on about people almost being seriously injured by normal foul tackles.

Think he was on about Lejeune himself tbf.

He mentioned it about Redmond as well, that was my point.

Speaking of injuries. One of the commentators on Sky specifically stated that Lejuene had been missing since the opening weekend because of "a knee/ankle injury". But totally forget to mention it was because Harry Kane scissored him from behind.

It's not like he slipped and done his ACL or pulled a hamstring. He was hacked down from a terrible challenge :lol:

How appallingly bad was Sky's coverage, btw? Once again - totally biased against Newcastle. :( What is it they have against the club and supporters? Do they detest us as much as Ashley? :rant:

The host is a Mackem and most of their pundits are failure managers/players from our past who got a hard time from the fans.

How appallingly bad was Sky's coverage, btw? Once again - totally biased against Newcastle. :( What is it they have against the club and supporters? Do they detest us as much as Ashley? :rant:

The host is a Mackem and most of their pundits are failure managers/players from our past who got a hard time from the fans.

Commentators ? Watch the last few minutes, they have a corner "Can Southampton drive this home for a winner" type stuff, a minute later we have a corner and none of it.

Solid performance and very compact. Players know where they are what they should be doing in most situations. Beginning to look like a well drilled side. Probably would be top 4 if Rafa had been given some real money. :)

So refreshing ( and humbling ) to see our club with a manager who can mould and drill a set of players into a genuinely stable and capable unit after the recent chancers we've had in charge. As pointed out above , give this guy quality tools and who knows what he'll achieve , it's almost scary to dare to believe what could happen , after all this has been a soap opera club for so long . Rafa will make mistakes ( eg. Mat Sels ) but what he has already resurrected from the pits of despair that we had become makes him a candidate for legendary status.

such a bitter 2nd goal to swallow as Lejuene got suckered & i think Gabbiadini is a sly, dirty shite. see the bump he gives yedlin early 1st half.  it's a shame joselu can't shoot at a slightly larger goal, he'd have a fair few more!

Some of the clearences were panicky today when wehad time to play. We're quite good on the ball, a lot better than most.

Yeah, we still waste some good opportunities to counter attack by hoofing the ball rather than passing it out. We're not Man City, but I think with a bit more confidence we can do better.

Long was diving before Lejeune took him down. He knew exactly what he was doing there.

I think Long actually deliberately toe-poked  the ball out of play (therefore out of the trajectory of Flo’s foot) after Lejeune had committed to the tackle. Impressive reaction time, but cheating for me.

Some of the clearences were panicky today when wehad time to play. We're quite good on the ball, a lot better than most.

Yeah, we still waste some good opportunities to counter attack by hoofing the ball rather than passing it out. We're not Man City, but I think with a bit more confidence we can do better.

That is fair. I understand why we play fairly deep with this team and don’t have a lot of possession. But we do enjoy an aimless punt up the pitch. Puts us under more pressure a lot of the time.

Although TBF. A couple of times we tried to run and pass it out and we ended up losing it. So I’m guessing they are under instructions from Rafa and he doesn’t trust most of them in those situations.

Long was diving before Lejeune took him down. He knew exactly what he was doing there.

I think Long actually deliberately toe-poked  the ball out of play (therefore out of the trajectory of Flo’s foot) after Lejeune had committed to the tackle. Impressive reaction time, but cheating for me.

He definitely did toe-poke the ball out of play with the intention of getting a penalty. Not cheating for me, and clever by Long.

Cheating ffs :lol:

He was just quicker to the ball, in the 0.00001 of a second he had to decide to go for the ball, I doubt he thought “if I boot the ball out of play, I’ll get kicked by this man and I can dive to the floor”.

That’s exactly what he thought; clever play. Look at where he is on approaching the ball, he then turns his back towards Legeune wanting contact to come, he then only just catches the ball wuth his toe (look where the ball goes), he’s on his way down just before contact and then hits the floor and looks straight at the referee. Clever play. At no point does Long even contemplate actually beating Lejeune with the ball under control and be in towards goal. Surely everyone can see this.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/nufcstu/4EB8AA67-A396-4816-9C39-BD235058F46F_zps3dygtfwu.png

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/nufcstu/B4B7F4CB-768B-434F-AFA5-EFAA0B907E27_zpsgmnut5jp.png

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/nufcstu/B3EB624C-6F69-4FAC-9324-B88322F6B997_zpskqjmjp72.png

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/nufcstu/E8FC3E2D-F051-4A9E-A84A-613BD6C9A43E_zpsxyh7yfcn.png

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/nufcstu/69EF1610-78D1-495C-9842-03F77309D90E_zps2ovnxnp8.png