Burnley vs. Newcastle United - 30/10/17 @ 8pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Get Merino back in the starting 11 and Mitro up top.

1-0 win.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Think it will be unchanged but he could spring a surprise, like Clark or Mbemba coming it at LB. For me he desperately needs to change one of the two up top as neither are offering enough, since we really don't have a capable back up for Perez, Joselu should be given a rest and replaced with either Mitro or Gayle.

I don't have faith in Gayle to go more than 10 minutes with deciding his leg hurts and start hobbling.

Agreed his inner dialogue on whether his heart is marrowfat or garden will determine what time he comes off

The Merino one is a strange one, I was very surprised he didn't start last week. I guess he must believe the shape of the team is better with Hayden in there, but I really think he has to find a way to get him in as he's arguably our best player. Possibly drop Perez for him despite Rafa liking Perez's work rate/speed.

I would go for a single change with merino in for ayoze. We need something extra in the nº10 position. I would persevere with yoselu and bring on Mitro if necessary in the second half.

I like lejuene and lascelles in the defence, also like the fact they are both decent in the air for corners and free kicks.

Monday Misery:

Since a Boxing Day success against Bolton at the Reebok in 2011, United have had 13 unsuccessful attempts at winning an away game on a Monday:

2011/12 Bolton Wanderers (a) won 2-0

2011/12 Arsenal (a) lost 1-2

2012/13 Everton (a) drew 2-2

2012/13 Fulham (a) lost 1-2

2013/14 Manchester City (a) lost 0-4

2013/14 Everton (a) lost 2-3

2013/14 Arsenal (a) lost 0-3

2014/15 Stoke City (a) lost 0-1

2014/15 Liverpool (a) lost 0-2

2015/16 West Ham (a) lost 0-2

2015/16 West Bromwich Albion (a) lost 0-1

2015/16 Leicester City (a) lost 0-1

2016/17 Blackburn Rovers (a) lost 0-1

2016/17 Ipswich Town (a) lost 1-3

Fucking hell. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Never mind that list, the 1-0 Kenny Miller game is the first thing I think of when I think of a Monday night NUFC game. Wretched.

Urghhh.

Never mind that list, the 1-0 Kenny Miller game is the first thing I think of when I think of a Monday night NUFC game. Wretched.

Aye.  Allardyce tried to say we played well when we had 1 shot at goal or something.

"The sad thing is that we had 14 players away on international duty and and that looked apparent.

"Before the break we were on a roll after the Wigan win, but some of the players looked jaded.

"We had opportunities, but we didn't take them and we were beaten by a wonder goal.

"I just hope Michael's not too serious (Owen came off with a tight groin muscle).

"We don't think it will be, you can expect a little tightness with all the games he's had and particularly the two England games.

"Of course, he hasn't had that many over the last couple of years so he's getting better and sharper and fitter.

"Tonight he felt the groin and had he carried on and extended himself in any way, he might have actually pulled it.