Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So nda’s were signed and there was basically radio silence for about 2 months.. then tonight for some reason both sides just all of a sudden took to twitter to air their beef?

Nope. Am havin none of this. It doesn’t add up to the behaviour of respectable business people. (Which I am referring to PCP and their investors.. not Mike Ashley)

More I think of it the more this has all the hoof prints of Ashley’s goons from start to finish. But why? Why now?

There’s a story in there somewhere, I’m sure if that much.

So nda’s were signed and there was basically radio silence for about 2 months.. then tonight for some reason both sides just all of a sudden took to twitter to air their beef?

Nope. Am havin none of this. It doesn’t add up to the behaviour of respectable business people. (Which I am referring to PCP and their investors.. not Mike Ashley)

More I think of it the more this has all the hoof prints of Ashley’s goons from start to finish. But why? Why now?

PCP haven't denied anything this whole way through. They aren't Ashley/Bishop pawns.

So you still don't think anything's happening? :lol:

Rumours of a bid and then rumours of it being short of Ashley’s valuation will all be coming from Ashley’s/NUFC’s side. As soon as Staveley attended the game (or 2nd as we are led to believe) and the press found, it’s all been Ashley’s leaks. I have no doubt Staveley would have been happy to do her business behind closed doors and for 1 day to announce she’s bought the club with no one really knowing who she is.

PCP haven't denied anything this whole way through. They aren't Ashley/Bishop pawns.

Why would they break their NDA? They haven’t said a damn thing about anything.

If anyone was going to break the silence it’s going to be Ashley.

So what does he get out of leaking that there’s a 300m bid in and then leaking more shite about rejecting it? Has there actually been a bid at all??

If PCP are indeed serious about buying us, it will only be the first club statement where they make any sort of public comment.

:mackems:

Why would they break their NDA? They haven’t said a damn thing about anything.

If anyone was going to break the silence it’s going to be Ashley.

So what does he get out of leaking that there’s a 300m bid in and then leaking more s**** about rejecting it? Has there actually been a bid at all??

If PCP are indeed serious about buying us, it will only be the first club statement where they make any sort of public comment.

Is an NDA not an agreement to not disclose information from the club's books, and not progress of the deal as a whole? Could be wrong like.

Yes, I think there has been a bid, far too many journalists and news outlets have said there's been a bid for there not be a bid of at least some sort.

I understand the reason for scepticism, but you're taking it to unnecessary lengths here imo.

It's funnier if you read it in the voice of a spoof 80's american detective's narrating their way into the plot.  :lol:

It's funnier if you read it in the voice of a spoof 80's american detective's narrating their way into the plot.  :lol:

:lol:

I’m no Tom Selleck.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/524/tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

I know the way buying and selling works with low initial offers and higher than value asking prices but even given that, it seems like a huge gap between the two parties that even negotiation or compromise may not cover.

Still think it'll happen but less confident than when we were at NDA/due dilligence stage.

I know the way buying and selling works with low initial offers and higher than value asking prices but even given that, it seems like a huge gap between the two parties that even negotiation or compromise may not cover.

Still think it'll happen but less confident than when we were at NDA/due dilligence stage.

All comes down to Ashley, he's found a party that seems to genuinely want to buy it but they're totally aware how much he wants to sell it. He can't tell the world that he wants out then be surprised if someone doesn't offer exactly what he originally wanted. His apparent flippant nature when it comes to business deals could work in favour of either side tbh, he might surprise us all and just decide to take the money.

Didn’t Ashley once say he would step aside if someone came in who could invest and take the team forward?  He is making a profit even at £300 million, more proof he is just a pathological liar

Didn't he buy the club for £240m, and then pay off debt worth £110m through his interest free loan? Would be interested to know how much he has put in, but it's irrelevant really - the amount of money he's been robbing for the club year-on-year.

The first bid was never going to be the 'right' one to him - we just have to hope that this strong signal of intent means they're prepared to go the extra mile for us and fingers crossed the fat c*** will agree to 'meet in middle' somewhere.

He bought the club for £135m. He's in line to more than double his money after the s**** he has served up for 10 years, and it's still not enough for the c***.

He effectively paid a lot more than that for the club though mind, with the debt. Which has risen in his tenure, due to his own failings. And was his fault, since he didn't check the books properly.

If you're going to factor the debt into what he's put into the club, surely you have to factor into him stealing advertising revenue for years into what he's taken out of it for his tatty chav clothes shop?

Yeah, I get that this is not going to fully offset what the club owes him, but it'll take a decent chunk out of it. Can't have your cake and eat it.

Ashley's Sky interview was basically a "come and get it" appeal. The publicly declared "you can have it on installments" made his multimillion pound business sound like new shag pile from Carpet Warehouse. So he either wants to sell or is on some massive piss take for his own amusement. Given the people he surrounds himself with and the comments about business deals in pubs and vomiting into fireplaces, it is extremely unlikely that he is deep enough for the latter.

PCP making an offer means there are no skeletons in the closet to scare anyone off. Ashley said himself he doesn't need the cash up front, so there is leeway for a deal to be made. With the squad's paucity increasingly on show, Ashley might be wise to sell up before more damage is done.