Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Right out of the Ashley playbook* this saga. I'm all but resigned to him keeping the club for the foreseeable future now. The big problem is the club is worth far more to Ashley in terms of free advertising than it is to any prospective buyer based on a cold hard analysis of our assets and financial situation. TV revenue is going up, we've gone up twice after being relegated before and Ashley is making millions on the back of the SD exposure, so there is no pressure on him to sell as much as people want to convince themselves that this is his only chance to get his money back. If he keeps hold of the club for the next decade and runs it as he has done to date he will have made a lot more money out of it (indirectly) in the meantime and by then the club will be worth far more just by virtue of the seemingly ever increasing TV revenue. We're f***ed unless PCP (or another buyer) can come to an agreement on price that makes it worth his while to sell up, and I doubt a one-off payment of 250m is anywhere near it.

* http://ashleyout.com/myths/ashley-wants-out-no-buyers/

If he keeps us and keeps running us like he has done then the club will be worth nowhere what it is now (even at a £250m valuation) as we will go back down, and even the Championship is becoming expensive and hard to compete in. The TV money won’t come, and the SD exposure will decrease, and the fans will have had enough.

We’ve said this before and we’ve come back up with minimal investment. Only if we do a Sunlun will he pannick. He has been making a fortune on the back of free advertising, and he won’t see why it can’t continue until it actually happens.

Whatever the club is worth, one thing is certain and that is that the club needs an absolute fortune spent on it - bearing in mind there has been no investment in the club at any level - just cost-cutting across the board.  As well as the first team, the Academy is a joke, the ground needs updating etc.  The club is totally dependent upon the TV revenue because he has removed all other avenues of revenues to benefit SD.  Ashley has ran the club into the ground and with each passing season, more and more investment is required in the club and none will be provided by Ashley.

The way he runs the club and the transfer business means we are at a disadvantage against every other club and unless he changes his approach, that will not improve e.g. only buying players with cash in the bank rather than instalments like every other club - so we get 4  £5m players instead of 1 £20m player because there is no squad depth and no youngsters coming through to supplement the squad because of the lack of investment in the Academy.

If we go down, there is no guarantee we will come back up straight away again and he is a fool if he thinks that.  Our playing squad will not generate the fees the last one did and other clubs will also have their parachute payments and are spending more on players than we have done in the Premier League.  I also think the fanbase may not be so supportive next time as Rafa will be gone and god knows who we would end up with then.

Right out of the Ashley playbook* this saga. I'm all but resigned to him keeping the club for the foreseeable future now. The big problem is the club is worth far more to Ashley in terms of free advertising than it is to any prospective buyer based on a cold hard analysis of our assets and financial situation. TV revenue is going up, we've gone up twice after being relegated before and Ashley is making millions on the back of the SD exposure, so there is no pressure on him to sell as much as people want to convince themselves that this is his only chance to get his money back. If he keeps hold of the club for the next decade and runs it as he has done to date he will have made a lot more money out of it (indirectly) in the meantime and by then the club will be worth far more just by virtue of the seemingly ever increasing TV revenue. We're f***ed unless PCP (or another buyer) can come to an agreement on price that makes it worth his while to sell up, and I doubt a one-off payment of 250m is anywhere near it.

* http://ashleyout.com/myths/ashley-wants-out-no-buyers/

If he keeps us and keeps running us like he has done then the club will be worth nowhere what it is now (even at a £250m valuation) as we will go back down, and even the Championship is becoming expensive and hard to compete in. The TV money won’t come, and the SD exposure will decrease, and the fans will have had enough.

Who would be the next viable club after us to be bought?

A lot of West Ham fans seems to think that the Gold and Sullivan are preparing to sell the club.

He has been making a fortune on the back of free advertising, and he won’t see why it can’t continue until it actually happens.

I'd be very surprised if the value of the SD advertising could be considered a fortune. Will hold my hands up if anyone in the industry says otherwise, the pitchside adverts are proabbly a decent earner, but the boards around the ground won't be worth that much.Plus, he only sees 60% of the benefit.

So close to Rafa being backed with new owners. Instead in 12 months we'll have some English has-been manager looking for free transfers, as long as they're willing to play for peanuts of course. Standard behavior from this cunt allowing us to have hope only for it to end in shite.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5146791/Mike-Ashley-turns-250m-offer-Amanda-Staveley.html

To save you the DM click, the most important part:

However, we believe Ashley would be willing to listen to a new offer in the region of £300m - especially if it contains no clauses - giving hope that a deal could yet be struck.

There appears to be a stand-off between the two parties at present and the chances of a takeover being completed before Christmas have faded in the past fortnight.

There is, though, a willingness from Ashley to sell and Staveley and her Middle East and Chinese investment fund are very keen to buy.

But we understand they will have to return with a new offer if there is to be progress. It is thought that Staveley and her group are the only party in the running for the club.

Can't help but feel £250m is a bit of a low ball offer, really. There's a lot of additional investment required, obviously, but I'm not sure that price is the going rate for an historical, if not established, Premier League club.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5146791/Mike-Ashley-turns-250m-offer-Amanda-Staveley.html

To save you the DM click, the most important part:

However, we believe Ashley would be willing to listen to a new offer in the region of £300m - especially if it contains no clauses - giving hope that a deal could yet be struck.

There appears to be a stand-off between the two parties at present and the chances of a takeover being completed before Christmas have faded in the past fortnight.

There is, though, a willingness from Ashley to sell and Staveley and her Middle East and Chinese investment fund are very keen to buy.

But we understand they will have to return with a new offer if there is to be progress. It is thought that Staveley and her group are the only party in the running for the club.

The hero that N-O needs.  :icon_salut:

Can't help but feel £250m is a bit of a low ball offer, really. There's a lot of additional investment required, obviously, but I'm not sure that price is the going rate for an historical, if not established, Premier League club.

The low ball-er becomes the low ball-ee. Delicious.

They are the only bidding party, so whatever they offer is the going rate.

Neither side is going to show all their cards on the first hand, I'd imagine £250m is a lowball for both sides, however we can't claim to be an established PL club under Ashley, he's all but made us a yoyo club with his mismanagement and to get us established again will take some major investment.

Well £250m might be low but MA has gone from wanting £400m to around £300m during negotiations so far. If a deal could be struck for £275m and Rafa backed to keep us away from relegation then PCP will have done well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk