Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He’s now just tweeted

“The last thing I want to do is string them magnificent @NUFC fans along again,hopefully my info is correct so we are sitting tight with fingers ?

Meaning he has realised that he has ballsed up.

Christ, if Football Focus starts tomorrow and Dan Walker immediately starts off with, "... and we have some breaking news regarding the sale of Newcastle United..."

One day in 1996 I tuned in to football focus & they did indeed have breaking news on Newcastle United.... we'd signed Alan Shearer for a world record fee.

The breaking news has to come sometime. I find it hard to believe that they would do so with a pre-recorded interview. In saying that the interview would be great in order to get to know their ambitions for the club, who’s behind the deal etc, I just can’t see it coming at the same time as an announcement.

Honestly, what are the chances that the sale has been done, the interview has been pre-recorded to air tomorrow, and nothing has leaked out yet? Is that even possible?

No.

Honestly, what are the chances that the sale has been done, the interview has been pre-recorded to air tomorrow, and nothing has leaked out yet? Is that even possible?

Press embargoes and NDA’s happen all the time. Apple use them for their products reviews before press launches.