Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christ, if Football Focus starts tomorrow and Dan Walker immediately starts off with, "... and we have some breaking news regarding the sale of Newcastle United..."

One day in 1996 I tuned in to football focus & they did indeed have breaking news on Newcastle United.... we'd signed Alan Shearer for a world record fee.

30 July 1996 was a Tuesday. Never known Football Focus to not be on a Saturday.

The thing that annoys me most about this whole takeover saga are the people who constantly put an apostrophe in NDAs.

They're the fucking worst of the lot. Sort yourselves out, seriously. It's wrong.

Guest firetotheworks

I really like Micky Quinn, like. He seems proper canny, and his heart's in the right place. My first football hero purely because he had a mustache.

Embargoed press releases are pretty routine. Gives the media (chosen outlet) time to choose their angle/write their story/film their interview (whoop-whoop!  :indi: ). Nah! Tomorrow’s just another day. Or is it?

Yes.

Christ, if Football Focus starts tomorrow and Dan Walker immediately starts off with, "... and we have some breaking news regarding the sale of Newcastle United..."

One day in 1996 I tuned in to football focus & they did indeed have breaking news on Newcastle United.... we'd signed Alan Shearer for a world record fee.

30 July 1996 was a Tuesday. Never known Football Focus to not be on a Saturday.

I was on holiday in North Norfolk at the time & it was the 90's definitely no internet also no channel 5, could have been the Saturday before or around then, even could have been announced before it was completely official. The news of Shearer signing was broken to me by Gary Lineker. true story, a moment I will never forget.

f*** me, guess who is the guest on Saturday Kitchen tomorra!!!!! [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50]

Lord Lucan on the back of Shergar wearing only a Toon top with Stavely 69 on the back?

f*** me, guess who is the guest on Saturday Kitchen tomorra!!!!! [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50]

Lord Lucan on the back of Shergar wearing only a Toon top with Stavely 69 on the back?

Dead horses; Mick's favourite.