Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's now said this. Probably on the drink or something.

He must have been quickly on the phone to Alan ‘I had two different versions’ Brazil on how to get out of this mess

Guest reefatoon

Christ, if Football Focus starts tomorrow and Dan Walker immediately starts off with, "... and we have some breaking news regarding the sale of Newcastle United..."

One day in 1996 I tuned in to football focus & they did indeed have breaking news on Newcastle United.... we'd signed Alan Shearer for a world record fee.

30 July 1996 was a Tuesday. Never known Football Focus to not be on a Saturday.

I was on holiday in North Norfolk at the time & it was the 90's definitely no internet also no channel 5, could have been the Saturday before or around then, even could have been announced before it was completely official. The news of Shearer signing was broken to me by Gary Lineker. true story, a moment I will never forget.

You forgot what day it was. It all came out on a week day the announcement. Remember us sitting at work getting fuck all done with hearing the news. I’ve never worked a Saturday in my life so was definitely not football focus with the big reveal.

Christ, if Football Focus starts tomorrow and Dan Walker immediately starts off with, "... and we have some breaking news regarding the sale of Newcastle United..."

One day in 1996 I tuned in to football focus & they did indeed have breaking news on Newcastle United.... we'd signed Alan Shearer for a world record fee.

I was on holiday in North Norfolk at the time & it was the 90's definitely no internet also no channel 5, could have been the Saturday before or around then, even could have been announced before it was completely official. The news of Shearer signing was broken to me by Gary Lineker. true story, a moment I will never forget.

You forgot what day it was. It all came out on a week day the announcement. Remember us sitting at work getting f*** all done with hearing the news. I’ve never worked a Saturday in my life so was definitely not football focus with the big reveal.

It was definitely Gary Lineker announcing Shearer signing, for me that's where I heard it.

You forgot what day it was. It all came out on a week day the announcement. Remember us sitting at work getting f*** all done with hearing the news. I’ve never worked a Saturday in my life so was definitely not football focus with the big reveal.

I was on holiday in Kardemena. Frantically ringing home and various mates I became aware that I'd found out before most of Tyneside. A lad round the pool had rang home and bugger knows who his source was but he was right.

It was my last holiday with me parents so I was 16 in Spain. I remember the night before I saw a Blackburn fan and I joked we were going to sign Shearer. The next day I was walking to the beach with some mates with a toon top on and some bloke said you have signed Shearer. I said fuck off man, he said no honestly. I ran back to the hotel and me Dad my younger brother and me uncle were all in the room watching sky news it was fucking class. I will never forget that day.