Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's a tiny slither of hope it's brinkmanship with all these different account of events coming out. I'm in denial that the scumbag is here forever.

It’s not denial, the scumbag is here forever.

Nope, he's got a price, and it's not up for negotiation.

Unfortunately the price in his head will forever be about 50mil more than any whatever anyone bids.

He set a price when he put the club up for sale, something daft like £400m which he dropped to £380m wasn't it? The price is deliberately high because he's not that arsed about selling, which has always been my opinion anyway.

Guest neesy111

I'd say after failing to sell the club for the 3rd time, he as always is asking for too much money.  NUFC's reputation and brand has been smashed during his tenure which has vastly reduced the earning potential of the club, never mind the lack of assets on the pitch.

Explaining that to an objective observer is one thing, try selling it to Mike.

:thup: every seller is entitled to set their price and wait, but the fact he's gone on record to say he wants out and will sell, sets an aspirational price, fails to get more than 1 bid in within his timeline and then throws a fit when it doesn't go his way is absolutely mental. I'm fucking sick of trying to explain this to people.

YES the potential of this club is that it could be valued well north of 300m, but today's position in the table and the state of the club's facilities are a direct result of the poor ownership of Mike Ashley over 10 years coupled with the lack of parties interested surely is common fucking sense that he's overvalued the club.

:thup:

If it wasn't for Rafa being here we'd already be fucked. Post transfer window can go one of two ways, Rafa can get the team going again with an "us against them" attitude that scrapes us through the remainder of the season, or the sense of hopelessness that the fans are feeling now will seep into the team and everything will take a nose dive.

Worst time to be playing City.

I need to stay off the facebook groups - those fucking imbeciles are doing my head in. Actually made me even more furious at how blind, stupid and submissive the general population is over this. People seemingly thinking Ashley hasn't lied to us (ever), his price is his price and if nobody is going to meet it, how is it his fault then? and that he's never had intentions to sell so those of us who believed are fucking stupid believers.

take out Jamal, our squad is barely worth £30. on top of that we are favourites for relegation.

who in their right mind would risk even £250m on the club, especially after the transfer window.

the club is worth nothing near that unless we stay up. if we do escape relegation, i'm sure ashley will hike up his price to over £400 in the summer.

We're nowhere near favourites for relegation are we?

Have you seen the table? We are in the mix along with several teams who you can see trying to strengthen their squad. Will we?

I know all that, but we're not favourites.

Who are then and why?

I need to stay off the facebook groups - those f***ing imbeciles are doing my head in. Actually made me even more furious at how blind, stupid and submissive the general population is over this. People seemingly thinking Ashley hasn't lied to us (ever), his price is his price and if nobody is going to meet it, how is it his fault then? and that he's never had intentions to sell so those of us who believed are f***ing stupid believers.

FB is terrible for football news/patter. Absolutely shit.

Guest firetotheworks

Remember when Kevin Keegan left and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley would meet with him and it would all be sorted? Then Ashley did nothing.

Remember when Alan Shearer came in and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley would meet with him and he'd become our manager? Then Ashley did nothing.

Remember when the Steve McMahon fronted Profitable Group came in with a bid and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley would sell the club? Then Ashley did nothing.

Remember when Barry Moat was lined up to buy the club and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley would sell the club? Then Ashley did nothing.

Remember when the bid for Andy Carroll was rejected and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley didn't want to sell and it would all be sorted? Then they sold Andy Carroll.

Remember when Pardew broke record after record in shitness, and we hung onto the hope that surely Ashley would sack him. Then he had to be bought by Crystal Palace for us to get rid of him.

Remember when Ashley employed Joe Kinnear twice?

Remember when Ashley valued the footballing opinion of a former Chelsea steward above that of Kevin Keegan?

I could go on and on and on.

So why the fuck can I see that there are people still hanging onto the hope that this will go through and, more worryingly, taking anything that Ashley and his media cronies say with anything but extreme prejudice and trying to work out what Ashley's going to do with pointless little analogies and trying to apply common sense to Mike fucking Ashley? Every single word out of his mouth should be assumed to be a lie.

Stop falling for it man. Fucking hell, how many times does it need to happen before we all, as one, learn from what he's done, the relentless lies he's told and apply it to whatever defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory situation that he's once again managed to get us into?

I need to stay off the facebook groups - those f***ing imbeciles are doing my head in. Actually made me even more furious at how blind, stupid and submissive the general population is over this. People seemingly thinking Ashley hasn't lied to us (ever), his price is his price and if nobody is going to meet it, how is it his fault then? and that he's never had intentions to sell so those of us who believed are f***ing stupid believers.

FB is terrible for football news/patter. Absolutely s***.

It really is, I know better too ffs. Its the Toon Army NYC group that is full of brainless twats.

take out Jamal, our squad is barely worth £30. on top of that we are favourites for relegation.

who in their right mind would risk even £250m on the club, especially after the transfer window.

the club is worth nothing near that unless we stay up. if we do escape relegation, i'm sure ashley will hike up his price to over £400 in the summer.

Have you seen the table? We are in the mix along with several teams who you can see trying to strengthen their squad. Will we?

Who are then and why?

I'm not a betting man so I don't keep up to date exactly. Actually looking now, some bookies have us shorter than I expected. Obviously we're in the mix, I wasn't making a point that we are going to stay up.

Remember when Kevin Keegan left and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley would meet with him and it would all be sorted? Then Ashley did nothing.

Remember when Alan Shearer came in and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley would meet with him and he'd become our manager? Then Ashley did nothing.

So did you think the whole sale was a lie from day one?

by his post it sounded like KI was a skeptic the entire time and we're all idiots for having hope, again....

I woke up this morning thinking that this could well be the case, especially when I ask myself, why he would want to sell when it's so good for SD's advertising.

I woke up this morning thinking that this could well be the case, especially when I ask myself, why he would want to sell when it's so good for SD's advertising.

I've always thought he does want to sell; because he's such a tight f***er he doesn't want to sanction the excessive transfer fees that even average players are going for now. If he continues with his <£14m player policy we're going to get left behind by everyone and go down. I doubt he wants to put another loan in to get us back up, on top of a sea of malice as Rafa would leave after a relegation. I think he knows he can't be arsed to run the club properly so wants rid of it. The staged Sky interview was an advert. The lack of spending in last January, the summer and this January sort of backs up my point regarding inflated transfer fees.

All IMO of course.

We're definitely not. Odds on Swansea, West Brom, Stoke, Huddersfield and Brighton to go down are all lower than ours, only Southampton from the bottom 6 have higher odds than us.

FB is terrible for football news/patter. Absolutely shit.

FTFY

Guest firetotheworks

Not at all. It's not an 'I told you so' post at all because I did and do believe that the club was for sale with the obvious caveat that it was always possible that Ashley would fuck it all up, but surely there comes a point after he's once again fucked it all up where you disregard the entirety of Ashley's side of the story as lies by default, stop questioning other parties, and stop hanging onto any further hope of anything happening.

I'm seeing people take the whole story as a given and questioning this that and the other within that story, without any perception that the entire story - a Mike Ashley story - is more than likely complete lies. For all we know what has actually happened is nothing like the story that's been put out. It could just as easily be the case that PCP met the asking price then kept trying to contact him, yet I've read 'they submitted a bid and just left it for 10 weeks?' and posts about PCP being just as much to blame posts all over the place.

There's no scrutiny of the very basics imo. He lies all the fucking time and has been caught lying time and time again, but I feel like the whole story is just being accepted as a given. It's really frustrating to see.

Wishful thinking  maybe  but I still think we'll be sold in the Summer should we avoid relegation. Trying to read between the lines ( and if the reprts of 300mill with clauses about relegation were accurate)it seems the sticking point was his valuation had no risk element for relegation. Should we stop up that element won't be there. Just hope he hasnt pissed them off to the extent theyd rather not have anything to do with him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Remember when the Steve McMahon fronted Profitable Group came in with a bid and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley would sell the club? Then Ashley did nothing.

Remember when Barry Moat was lined up to buy the club and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley would sell the club? Then Ashley did nothing.

Remember when the bid for Andy Carroll was rejected and we were hanging onto the hope that Ashley didn't want to sell and it would all be sorted? Then they sold Andy Carroll.

Remember when Pardew broke record after record in shitness, and we hung onto the hope that surely Ashley would sack him. Then he had to be bought by Crystal Palace for us to get rid of him.

Remember when Ashley employed Joe Kinnear twice?

Remember when Ashley valued the footballing opinion of a former Chelsea steward above that of Kevin Keegan?

I could go on and on and on.

So why the f*** can I see that there are people still hanging onto the hope that this will go through and, more worryingly, taking anything that Ashley and his media cronies say with anything but extreme prejudice and trying to work out what Ashley's going to do with pointless little analogies and trying to apply common sense to Mike f***ing Ashley? Every single word out of his mouth should be assumed to be a lie.

Stop falling for it man. f***ing hell, how many times does it need to happen before we all, as one, learn from what he's done, the relentless lies he's told and apply it to whatever defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory situation that he's once again managed to get us into?

tl;dr

Not at all. It's not an 'I told you so' post at all because I did and do believe that the club was for sale with the obvious caveat that it was always possible that Ashley would fuck it all up, but surely there comes a point after he's once again fucked it all up where you disregard the entirety of Ashley's side of the story as lies by default, stop questioning other parties, and stop hanging onto any further hope of anything happening.

I'm seeing people take the whole story as a given and questioning this that and the other within that story, without any perception that the entire story - a Mike Ashley story - is more than likely complete lies. For all we know what has actually happened is nothing like the story that's been put out. It could just as easily be the case that PCP met the asking price then kept trying to contact him, yet I've read 'they submitted a bid and just left it for 10 weeks?' and posts about PCP being just as much to blame posts all over the place.

There's no scrutiny of the very basics imo. He lies all the fucking time and has been caught lying time and time again, but I feel like the whole story is just being accepted as a given. It's really frustrating to see.

:thup:

PCP are completely blameless in the mess we're in. They have looked at the books, valued our playing squad (and Rafa) and come up with a bid that they think reflects that. The fact that nee other fucker is interested at even anything close to what Ashley wants says an awful lot about his valuation of the club. We don't even know if Ashley is intending to keep the interest free loan that he's got against the club or if that's included in the asking price.

It'll take a massive investment in our squad to make us competitive, and bar Lascelles, we have absolutely no one to sell to bring funds in either. On top of that, there's a desperate need for a complete re-work of the academy and the training facilities needs modernised as well. These are just the things we know about, there are probably a million other things that would need looking over and that would be costly.

Basically, despite the huge TV money that the club will receive as long as we stay up, the club really isn't worth all that much right now.