Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If there's no takeover then I'm afraid, ruing negativity, the can is kicked down the road - a decade of Rafa at Newcastle and Ashley's methods is a paradox. I want to enjoy things whilst they are good and am but objectively you have to be worried. Bit shit really.

Guest The Little Waster

Ashley isnt going anywhere , he will look to get Jamal away for £££ Rafa will leave ... Just accept reality now rather than later

Ashley isnt going anywhere , he will look to get Jamal away for £££ Rafa will leave ... Just accept reality now rather than later

That's two terrible posts, now.

One of the admin needs to change that user name to The Little Wa**er

I think the whole Wenger thing actually strengthens Rafa's 'play'.

We know he is a great political player and strategist, for want of a better phrase.  I think Rafa will use this news to bolster his own position here.

A few carefully phrased words to make it clear his loyalty is with us BUT that the owner must back him and show same ambition etc. All this against the backdrop of safety, a decent league finish, takeover rumours that are still floating about and an owner who is either going to have to put up or shut up/shove off.

I trust Rafa to play this well.

My fear is that Rafa does hold all the cards, nothing guarantees premier league money like rafa does, he keeps players here and attracts players to us and if he goes the fans will revolt again, probably worse than ever before. This all looks good for rafa getting a deal but knowing Ashley I think he will loath being in such a poor negotiating position and instead will see it as some kind of macho show of strength to ditch Rafa just because he can and hire another yes man.

(that's just my paranoia mind, I kinda think Rafa will stay)

I think the whole Wenger thing actually strengthens Rafa's 'play'.

We know he is a great political player and strategist, for want of a better phrase.  I think Rafa will use this news to bolster his own position here.

A few carefully phrased words to make it clear his loyalty is with us BUT that the owner must back him and show same ambition etc. All this against the backdrop of safety, a decent league finish, takeover rumours that are still floating about and an owner who is either going to have to put up or shut up/shove off.

I trust Rafa to play this well.

My thoughts as well.

Rafa is already playing it perfectly in my opinion, he's not committing to anything until he gets some guarantees but now Ashleys words aren't enough, so he's waiting to see where we are after the window.

He's started something here and I think he will want to carry it on as long as he doesn't get fucked over again.

It's just a defence mechanism TBF, never hope and Ashley can't get you.

What version of reality am I in whereby I'm on a football forum and have to open a new tab to learn what a Hegelian dialectic is??

Hell, i'm glad i wasn't the only one!

Haydn must have an IQ of 120 to know that shit at 17.

Rafa 50/50 to stay but will stay for certain if a takeover happens apparently. He holds the key in all this: just tell Mike to sell up, invest what he needs before a certain date or he’ll be off. The club is only arguably worth this much now on the back of Rafa’s hard work. Time for him to play hard ball.