Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It was predictable, enough of us said this is exactly what would happen.

Similarly if someone does end up bidding £400 million then expect another £50 million to be added to the asking price.

He's not serious about selling, from his perspective he's gotten a cushty little number going, no additional personal investment, club runs itself and he gets free advertising for his true love, and when he does finally sell he'll get his money back.

But, but... Stifler told us all a deal was close.

Well colour me shocked, he was lying.

I said a bid would be made as soon as we are safe and it’s a price that Ashley has previously said he would accept. If he really is putting more money on the price of the club then he has no interest in selling.

If he's willing to give Rafa the kind of transfer funding McClaren got he might still stay.

If there's a way to fuck up a promising situation though you just know the fat man will find it

It's a fair price tbh, especially with Rafa there.

So who's going to buy us at this fair price then? Surely there must be a few buyers lined up?

No idea. It's a fair price, though. A Premier League club hasn't been purchased since the latest astronomical increase to finance within the sphere of football. I'd expect any club of our stature to be on the market for about this. We could become a Champions League club with Rafa at the helm and an ambitious owner.

Guest firetotheworks

I think our recent run and league position might be influencing a few opinions on what the club's worth, like. The increase in valuation is more conservative than I expected, but that doesn't mean that the original asking price wasn't too much. I can't see anyone paying £400m for a club that needs a good deal of further investment to even have a chance of success.

Guest neesy111

I think our recent run and league position might be influencing a few opinions on what the club's worth, like. The increase in valuation is more conservative than I expected, but that doesn't mean that the original asking price wasn't too much. I can't see anyone paying £400m for a club that needs a good deal of further investment to even have a chance of success.

This and it's because of years of underinvestment across the club not just on the pitch.

Guest Howaythetoon

This and it's because of years of underinvestment across the club not just on the pitch.

The way an investor has to or should look at it is if they bought the club for 400m, it’s alwas going to be worth that if they run it well and worth more if they succeed. Ashley bought the club knowing he would never be out of pocket or rather never make a loss. Yes it’s a lot of money, but you are buying something that can become one of the top clubs in Europe. A club that is already one of the top clubs when it comes to stadia, gates, fan base, and yes revenue. Albeit that is somewhat skewered due to the huge TV deal here in the PL.

Its worth 400m if this is to be a long term thing and it doesn’t need huge huge amounts of money thrown at it. 10m would fix the facilities issue. Good scouts and coaching is what fixes the development of the academy/reserves/development. Rafa can fix that alone by being ale to bring in his own people. The first team of course is where the biggest injection of money is needed. But if year one of takeover is about stability and consolidation, just getting Kennedy, the ‘keeper and Slimani in should see to that with Rafa as manager.

Look at what has been spent at City, what a billion pounds or more in total? Do that here including purchase of club and we would be top 4 and winning silverware.

It would cost us most of our budget just to buy the loan players who kept us up, and we still don't look fantastic then. There's a shitload of money needs investing in the squad, that's why there's not loads of investors queuing up to pay the fat prick £400m.

Said it before, this club is only worth £400m-£500m if it’s regularly finishing in European places and winning the odd cup or atleast getting to the latter stages of them. To get to that stage we are £100m-£150m worth of investment away.

He could do the absolute bare minimum to keep Rafa. Give him a 70-80m plus player sales (we spent fuck all this season plus to deal) budget and let him get on with it. Then the club would tick along nicely and there'd be the potential for a takeover season after next if Ashley is sticking around for a bit.

What will probably happen is he'll do his level best to completely fuck things up forcing Rafa it have no choice but to leave and then we'll end up with some bog standard manager and battle against relegation or likely go down.

I don't really feel qualified to be able to accurately estimate the financial value of Newcastle United.  :undecided:

We are worth approximately 400 million Sunderland’s. 

400 million nothings is still nothing.

Dominic Speedie @dspeedie

Replying to @KieranMaguire

It is odd, given that all previous accounts appear to have been filed on time. Of course, it will be Lee Charnley (sole director) is ultimately liable for the non-filing, not Mr Ashley

pretty much