Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not suggesting it's impossible to sign players if you're not a London club ffs it's just one of the things players will consider, some players might say prefer Palace and would only go to us for a bit more money. That may reasonably be reason not to go for that players but you want to have things that make you attractive a destination for players which may bring price and wage demands down. We can't do much about location to be fair, but stuff like looking like we gave a damn about winning trophies now and then and training facilities at least on par with rest of league would help and we fail at them.

If you built a beautiful training complex with all the amenities and facilities in the world at cutting edge, had a brilliant stadium, and also paid proper wages you’d have no issues attracting players with Rafa Benitez at helm. Players actually do care about where they are training and working out on top of getting paid well.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I'm not suggesting it's impossible to sign players if you're not a London club ffs it's just one of the things players will consider, some players might say prefer Palace and would only go to us for a bit more money. That may reasonably be reason not to go for that players but you want to have things that make you attractive a destination for players which may bring price and wage demands down. We can't do much about location to be fair, but stuff like looking like we gave a damn about winning trophies now and then and training facilities at least on par with rest of league would help and we fail at them.

If you built a beautiful training complex with all the amenities and facilities in the world at cutting edge, had a brilliant stadium, and also paid proper wages you’d have no issues attracting players with Rafa Benitez at helm. Players actually do care about where they are training and working out on top of getting paid well.

We should buy the Sunderland training ground off them

Are we worth £300M? If you had a spare £300M lying about, would you take a punt on us? Open question to everyone.

Wouldn't be surprised, now we're safe, if the fat cunt hasn't put the price up again.

That's assuming he ever really was prepared to sell for £300m like.

We should buy the Sunderland training ground off them

Not as daft an idea as it seems. They were considering selling the land a while back, as the new owners haven't got a pot to piss in. And it is in South Tyneside, not Sunderland.

Are we worth £300M? If you had a spare £300M lying about, would you take a punt on us? Open question to everyone.

£300M for Newcastle is a bargain!

But I think the price has gone up to a minimum of £400M now.

Still I think with the potential the club has it's not a bad buy even for £500M.

Still I think with the potential the club has it's not a bad buy even for £500M.

The price ashley wants is at least a £1 more than anyone wants to pay. People need to start cottoning on to that. He isn't leaving. EVER!

The price ashley wants is at least a £1 more than anyone wants to pay. People need to start cottoning on to that. He isn't leaving. EVER!

AHKM.

All Hit King Mike

This. Until he starts getting attacked in the stands and he fears for his safety he isn't going anywhere.

Guest firetotheworks

It's worth only £300m because so much money needs to be spent on getting things back to scratch.

Amen. It's easily at least a £400m job just to buy the club and get back up to speed, if every estimation I've seen is accurate.

According to one report today three different groups are looking to buy Chelsea for £2.5 billion, I think £300 million for us is a bargain.

I was thinking about this:

$300M to purchase

$100M transfer kitty

$50M ? infrastructure spending.

----------

$450M

with proper investment and management there isn't any reason the clubs value shouldn't double within the next decade.

With PL safety (all but) secured I would like us to have a real go to get our voices heard and get Ashley out.

This time of the year is the best time for Ashley to sell the club and for a new owner to buy before the transfer window opens.

Can see Ashley forgetting about Rafa (Like he hasn't already) but getting a highly rated up and coming Manager that doesn't see Newcastle or his future as a 5 year + project like Rafa does

Rafa will be here next season.