Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So it's fine for him to buy other businesses in pre-packed administration but when the foot is on the other side then he's moaning?

Bloke's a fucking liar, hypocrite and I can't wait to piss on his grave.

This in spades.

He's profited big style from sweeping in and buying businesses in administration for next to nowt seeing shareholders and creditors lose out big style.

The shoe is on the other foot now and he's lost out and he doesn't fucking like it.

Retail is going to online shopping with regional distribution centers and such to keep labor and real estate costs and rents away from high margin business and mike keeps going that way. Lmao. What a guy.

Retail is going to online shopping with regional distribution centers and such to keep labor and real estate costs and rents away from high margin business and mike keeps going that way. Lmao. What a guy.

Unsure if actually legal/viable but what if he just wants the real estate the stores are on - assuming they all own it outright, especially the older stores - hoping to profit massively off of holding a few key locations? Slash and burn the retail side to squeeze any last profit remaining etc. Seems like the risky shit he'd do.

Unsure if actually legal/viable but what if he just wants the real estate the stores are on - assuming they all own it outright, especially the older stores - hoping to profit massively off of holding a few key locations? Slash and burn the retail side to squeeze any last profit remaining etc. Seems like the risky shit he'd do.

I thought he was having serious beef with the landlords over rent ?

Im not sure if many of them actually own their own property in city centres.

A lot of local authorities are moving from retail to residential. A trend that has been ongoing for sometime.

Assuming he has a quite hefty real estate portfolio, & its a big if (I would imagine most are rented properties, some with long leases for retail purposes only) he could be sitting on a nice, hefty investment should the government continue to encourage residential builds,  seemingly everywhere & anywhere at the moment. Especially given the proximity of (Where I assume ) most of the city centre locations he has under his rather wide belt are situated.   

Fair enough. I was probably giving him too much credit anyway.

I'm pretty certain that sold of the leaseholds of virtually all their properties about 15 years ago, when their troubles really began. It was a way of raising money for their debts and poor sales. Borrowed in the hope of improving things so rents would not be a problem. When you have to sell your house to pay the bills you know you're in trouble. So basically Ashley would have (assuming he took it over which is a massive assumption) then the only real assets is the trading performance (shit) profitability (equally shit) and the stock value. Oh, and theres a massive shortfall in the pension fund too, allegedly £400k. Not really worth the trouble in my humble opinion, but Ashley doesn't listed to me. Or anyone else.

Guest Howaythetoon

Don’t know how anyone can shop in the likes of Debenhams, although wor lass used to love the place until I put my foot down once Ashley bought shares.

Fair enough. I was probably giving him too much credit anyway.

Could be right on the original post you made. It's been done before - but yah, i won't give him much credit. I really think he's past his 'genius' business ideas from long ago and he's absolutely and strangely just trying to grow his wealth by multiples in the most short sighted ways.

Guest neesy111

Don’t know how anyone can shop in the likes of Debenhams, although wor lass used to love the place until I put my foot down once Ashley bought shares.

It's absolute shite.

Correct answer.

Please, tell me this somehow makes him more likely to sell NUFC. Even if it's a lie.

I'm  clinging to the faint hope that Sports Direct are his main focus and he will sell us to keep them going.

The only high street businesses that are thriving are betting shops and cheap shops. Pile em high and sell em cheap, I.e. SD, Primark, etc... will always thrive in a cash strapped society. People disregard ethical issues if it means they can get their clobber for a fraction of the price of the usual high street. If Susan can get her Friday night on the lash top for £3 rather than £30 then the kids can eat too then she doesn't really care if some 3 year old Indian orphan hand stitched it in some asbestos ridden warehouse. Equally, if Susan can buy little Johnny's footy boots for school at a 10th of the price of JD so she can have a couple more ciders at the weekend then she doesn't give a shit if some woman had a miscarriage on the toilet because she was too scared of losing her job.

More needs to be done about the ethics of these businesses but no one wants to say anything because in a time of financial inequality they can't afford the alternative.

I will, have and do pay extra to keep my money out of Ashley's pocket but can you blame people on the breadline for keeping him afloat? I hate the guy as much as the next fan and I hope he fucks off some time soon, but he has cornered the market for the working class affordability.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - Mike Ashley is a shit businessman and his day of reckoning will come sooner rather than later. Both statements and claims I’m even more certain of following the trials and tribulations of his pursuit of Debenhams which his whole involvement in is more than enough evidence of proof he’s a shit businessman.

Don’t be fooled by the success of Sports Direct or his wealth, remove that and you’re left with a litany of examples of just how shit of a businessman he is and the true level of his business acumen which is more barrow boy than chairman of the board.

The very fact he’s chased after the likes of HOF and Debenhams proves just how little business sense he posses. That and his ownership of NUFC - considered the crown jewels of English football - and yet relegated twice under his ownership and the only PL club whose commercial revenues have actually fallen and not improved in the last decade despite an almost free to anyone that turns up multi billion pound guranteed lottery like win every year.

Ownership or stakes in these business at complete odds with the real world of business and finance that real independent business people with real business acumen and business savvy all decided as commentators, investors, bankers, directors, buyers (NUFC), sellers, shareholders, stock market experts and so on, MA is bad for business. That bad going bust is considered the better business sense.

If MA had any he’d have sold NUFC a long time a go or tapped into the riches almost akin to taking candy from a kid NUFC continues to this day to offer MA on a silver plate.

If he had any he wouldn’t have bought out HOF or blew his load on Debenhams wither. If he had any he would be listening to the experts and not his cronies he’s bought happy to indulge him in his delusions of fantasy where in his world hiring Kinnear = goos business, having a world-class manager in Rafa and not backing him = good business. Where Buting HOF = good business. Where 150m buying shares in Debenhams = good business.

In the real world, however, none of that makes good business sense to the future of SD which under Ashley has reached the top and the only way now is down. SD will not follow the likes of debenhams out of business, but a future of doom and gloom beckons for them under Ashley who if put to a vote, would bey voted out by those at SD who have a degree of business acumen and savvy.

I predict a bumpy future for SD while MA runs rule which will result in several legal battles, a downsize in store numbers, a huge drop in revenues and profits and the delisting from the SE, all of which will see to the fall of MA he wil never quite recover from nor SD. It will always be in business and make money, but the perceived giant that it is now will shrivel back in size, prominence and profitability on levels it was once measured by. HOF and Debenhams or not.

Mike Ashley will see to that.

What goes around comes around, always. He’s had his 15 minutes of fame and he and SD have had a good run, even a stopped clock gets it right once in a time.

He is that clock, times up.

Sadly for NUFC we have a bit of a way to go before we are free of the cunt. The countdown is on though.

I truly hope he ends up broke and loses everything. Just like us and our club has since he bought us.

The only high street businesses that are thriving are betting shops and cheap shops. Pile em high and sell em cheap, I.e. SD, Primark, etc... will always thrive in a cash strapped society. People disregard ethical issues if it means they can get their clobber for a fraction of the price of the usual high street. If Susan can get her Friday night on the lash top for £3 rather than £30 then the kids can eat too then she doesn't really care if some 3 year old Indian orphan hand stitched it in some asbestos ridden warehouse. Equally, if Susan can buy little Johnny's footy boots for school at a 10th of the price of JD so she can have a couple more ciders at the weekend then she doesn't give a shit if some woman had a miscarriage on the toilet because she was too scared of losing her job.

More needs to be done about the ethics of these businesses but no one wants to say anything because in a time of financial inequality they can't afford the alternative.

I will, have and do pay extra to keep my money out of Ashley's pocket but can you blame people on the breadline for keeping him afloat? I hate the guy as much as the next fan and I hope he fucks off some time soon, but he has cornered the market for the working class affordability.

Fucking hell :lol: