Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheers for the update, Bingo :thup: We all know that Ashley is all smoke and mirrors and also this news about giving Rafa a new deal, is another diversion from spending money. The man is a cunt and he revels in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My/Paully's mate reckons the deal is not dead.

Apparently they'd agreed a price with Ashley and he changed his mind.....the stuff that came out about the deal being off was from a drunken business lunch, and was watered down.

They valued the club at £220-250m because of the investment needed on and off the pitch.

So basically, Ashley is a massive cunt.

giphy.gif?

NUFC takeover 'hinges' on new PL TV deal

According to the Daily Mail, the proposed takeover of Newcastle from PCP Capital Partners ‘hinges’ on the new Premier League TV rights deal.

The report reads:

Newcastle United’s financial future hinges on the imminent new Premier League TV deal, with would-be owner Amanda Staveley’s next offer to Mike Ashley dependent on how much cash the broadcasters are willing to pay, Sportsmail can reveal.

Staveley has no intention of walking away from her attempt to buy the club - despite public attacks on her by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley this week.

But Sportsmail understands that it is now unlikely that a renewed offer will be made by her and PCP Capital Partners until the winners of the 2019-2022 domestic rights are known, by the end of next month.

Analysts believe that the new deal will bring a further increase on the current £5.1bn domestic rights and are convinced that Ashley is deliberately stalling on negotiations with Staveley, knowing that a big new settlement will drive up the price of the club. Staveley had hoped to do a deal before 2018, ahead of negotiations for the new TV deal.

Falling viewing figures for live games has created uncertainty about this round of TV rights, though some sources believe that there may be a 10 per cent uplift. That would mean Staveley having to improve her offer to Ashley, which she is ready to do.

Stop torturing yourselves :lol:

He's doing what he's done before. He'll only sell if someone bids an insane amount and accepts all the shitty clauses like free Sports Direct ads for 10 years etc.

Aye - agree with you there.

Stop torturing yourselves :lol:

He's doing what he's done before. He'll only sell if someone bids an insane amount and accepts all the shitty clauses like free Sports Direct ads for 10 years etc.

Aye - agree with you there.

Another agreement here.

Ashley is a massive greedy fat cunt. And we are stuck with him

If the new TV deal gets split between 6 different companies then the viewing figures will drop through the floor and it will have a massive impact on the long term future if the premier league

If the new TV deal gets split between 6 different companies then the viewing figures will drop through the floor and it will have a massive impact on the long term future if the premier league

What was the logic of splitting it up? It just seems like it would always have been a bad thing for consumers.

What was the logic of splitting it up? It just seems like it would always have been a bad thing for consumers.

To stop one company gaining a monopoly and therefore could drive the price back down again as they would be the only show in town.

Ostensibly it seems like she might end up fucking herself by not doing what it took to conclude the deal before the new TV thing was announced. Regardless of the amount we all know it's only going to get bigger not smaller and thus Ashley will only want more money.

To stop one company gaining a monopoly and therefore could drive the price back down again as they would be the only show in town.

From my personal view I would rather pay someone like Sky Sports a little more than to have to have subscriptions with multiple vendors of Premier League football.

I pay for Sky Sports today and I get BT free with my phone (EE).  I would not pay for BT, nor would I pay for other subscription channels - see how well that went for Setanta......

Aye, surely if he'd moved the goalposts again, PCP would have mentioned it rather than just saying their offer is still on the table.

Or PCP are acting professional and don't air garbage to the press like fat ass does.

Maybe. But if he's calling them timewasters when in fact he's moved the goalposts, I'd be surprised if they'd hold back.

Some idiot on total sport saying he doesn't trust PCP because they won't pay another £50m to meet Ashley's price.

FFS, getting sick of this now. I'll rip off the analogy used on the TF podcast.

You're hungry, you want a steak bake. You walk into Greggs and pay £1.60 for it or however much a steak bake is now. If Greggs charged £15 for it, you won't pay it. It's not worth that. Aye, it's a lovely steak bake, that pastry, nice chunks of steak in a gravy. Lush. But no one would pay £15 for it, it's not valuing it correctly.

Same with PCP not paying Ashley's price. Aye, we're a great football club with great potential but we have had our assets stripped, our revenue decreased and severe underinvestment across 10 years taking it's toll.

Some idiot on total sport saying he doesn't trust PCP because they won't pay another £50m to meet Ashley's price.

FFS, getting sick of this now. I'll rip off the analogy used on the TF podcast.

You're hungry, you want a steak bake. You walk into Greggs and pay £1.60 for it or however much a steak bake is now. If Greggs charged £15 for it, you won't pay it. It's not worth that. Aye, it's a lovely steak bake, that pastry, nice chunks of steak in a gravy. Lush. But no one would pay £15 for it, it's not valuing it correctly.

Same with PCP not paying Ashley's price. Aye, we're a great football club with great potential but we have had our assets stripped, our revenue decreased and severe underinvestment across 10 years taking it's toll.

But would you pay £2.10p for it??