Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Special podcast on the Ashley era. They said they would do it at Christmas. Good timing.

It's good.

https://www.acast.com/footballramble/newcastleunited-themikeashleyyears

Listened to that this morning. Funny and depressing in equal measure.

They missed loads out too. They could've turned it into a three or four parter.

3 loan signings in January window- all outgoings covered! Can't believe I ever doubted this guy. We're doing so well to compete considering we're a tiny little broke club with a huge fanbase, stadium, history, and tradition!

He wouldn't be putting any more of his money in. It's the club's money - money that is guaranteed to come in during the summer (PL competing fee) - that he is refusing to spend.

I worded it badly. Is it because he wants to top up whatever bid near to £300-350m that comes in with the club's money left over from this season that he hasn't allowed to spend on transfers and then sell and run?

My guess is that he's prettying the books by not heavily investing in either transfers nor wages.

I'd say we've near enough broken even over that window, certainly in terms of wages.

All reinforces the fact that he's very much on the market with it. That said, should we go down, he'll have risked everything for the sake of a few million quid.

So are we up for sale ?  Confused as fuck and what has happened to these bids that have been made by various consortiums ?  Is Staveley out the picture now or deliberating another bid when the new T.V deal comes in ?

So are we up for sale ?  Confused as fuck and what has happened to these bids that have been made by various consortiums ?  Is Staveley out the picture now or deliberating another bid when the new T.V deal comes in ?

It's all very mysterious. St James Holdings made the official statement to say we were up for sale but haven't said anything about it all being off. All we've had is that crap via SSN, which i don't think was officially apportioned to anyone, just 'a source' and then Amanda Staveley's response saying that they are still interested.

Who the hell knows :undecided:

Staveley has either put in another bid since Ashley’s outburst or is preparing one. She’ll be back for us, it maybe after the TV deal, after safety is confirmed (if it happens, and happens before the end of the season), or in the summer.

So are we up for sale ?  Confused as f*** and what has happened to these bids that have been made by various consortiums ?  Is Staveley out the picture now or deliberating another bid when the new T.V deal comes in ?

Staveley has either put in another bid since Ashley’s outburst or is preparing one. She’ll be back for us, it maybe after the TV deal, after safety is confirmed (if it happens, and happens before the end of the season), or in the summer.

I'd like to imagine she's preparing another one at the very least. On the other hand for all we know she could have submitted it but Ashley is still ignoring her. It took 3 months to hear about the original 3 bids when she revealed it in that interview.