Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No idea how right he usually is or whatever, but that guy who always goes through Companies House, the club's accounts when they're published, the boring finance stuff etc, Chris Holt? (iirc someone mentioned he used to post on here) He seems confident that net spend in the coming summer 2018 will exceed £70m. A McClaren sized budget basically. Whether Rafa is actually allowed to break our 13 year transfer record for quality is the caveat, though.

Does that £70m include wages? Won't go far if it does.

Unsure, but when looking at transfer net spend I don't think it ever includes wages. Still, though, not holding my breath.

How can Southampton sell for 220m inc VVD but this guy wants £400M?

That was only 80% of the club, fwiw.

And Liverpool paying a ridiculous overinflated sum doesn’t make a difference to a clubs valuation. Liverpool could come in and buy Gayle for £100m in the summer for all we know.

The point I'm trying to make is Southampton have/had more sellable assets than us and yet were still valued at a far cheaper price

Do some people seriously think Pardew might come back if Rafa walks?

Seen quite a few posts suggesting it now and am hoping its just dark humour.

I know Pardew's ego knows no bounds but I don't think he would want to come back here, even were Ashley mental enough to offer it. (And Ashley is mental when it comes to football).

Pardew  wouldn't even come out of the dugout at the games near the end. No way would he dare come back.

Guest The Little Waster

Heres how it works ... The fat cunt has vowed not to put anymore £ into the club over and above what Rafa can generate through sales ... Rafa can never generate enough through sales to take us up to the next level ( ie qualifying for Europe every year ) hence its a knacker job ... Rafa will be off before that start of next season ... 50 000 knackers will still turn up and the nightmare will continue ... twas ever thus .

Heres how it works ... The fat cunt has vowed not to put anymore £ into the club over and above what Rafa can generate through sales ... Rafa can never generate enough through sales to take us up to the next level ( ie qualifying for Europe every year ) hence its a knacker job ... Rafa will be off before that start of next season ... 50 000 knackers will still turn up and the nightmare will continue ... twas ever thus .

Not quite, clubs revenue not just transfer sales.. He wants the club to run on it's own and I don't think many will have an issue with that. The problem being his running of the club leads us to not have the revenue we should/could have.

Don't know why there's such horror to the news the price had gone up. As mentioned, there were those who said exactly this:

So begins the 'is it a negotiating position or is he really not going to sell us' fun time of the summer. I expect maximum amount of belligerent destroying of any chance we have of any positivity this summer

To be fair to the horrible b******, if he genuinely wants to sell he isn't going to get a better opportunity than this. His gamble with spending has paid off, the manager is working wonders and the fans are all pulling in the same direction. It's only going downhill from here.

If he does want to sell, this summer is the moment. One could argue he's played it perfectly.

The thing is though, seeing we are perfectly poised, he’s going to put an extra premium on the price. And to be fair, the club is worth significantly more now than it was mid-January. As much as £400m isn’t unreasonable, all things considered.

What I'm worried about is the conditions that might be attached to a sale, like Sports Direct advertising, and contracts with club merchandise. In a real business deal, these would be factored into the purchase price, but Ashley seems to be the type to say "£400m plus the rest."

Surely's he's thinking there will never be a better time to sell. I don't believe he wants to be here - the short summer will result in extra transfer pressures and I don't think he can be bothered any more. All speculation, but tied to hope!

Even without the ties to merchandising isn't the price for the club and team effectively 450m, factoring in purchases of slim, dub and kennedy  :yikes:

A proposed 100m plus investment that was mooted for the training ground a couple of years ago still being necessary? Isnt Sunderlands better for gods sakes , Its just not worth it .

Newcastle summer is going to be like an EastEnders omnibus ...... depressing .

Wish he would take 350m and blink out of my reality forever.

If Ashley wants £400m for NUFC that shouldn't mean he sits on his hands doing nothing with the club, waiting through the transfer window to see if anyone is interested. That's what he's done previously.

As I understand it, the club accounts are okay (especially after the minimum spend this season). Run the club properly, don't spend more money than we have (or are guaranteed to get - We knew we'd be getting £100m+ so why we weren't allowed to spend any in advance didn't make sense). Give Rafa a reasonable budget. If someone or a group come along to buy the club then negotiate with them. If Ashley wants to add any costs of transfers on top so be it. I'd rather he did that than do nothing and still not sell anyway.

jesus christ dude

Guest The Little Waster

jesus christ dude

Yes my son ...

what apart from everything gives you this idea?

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, he knew Ashley was trouble before everyone else when Keegan was messed around. The rest of us didn't cotton on until Keegan was messed around.

Pardew wouldn't have the balls to come back but Ashley would definitely approach him if Rafa leaves.

Tbh I dont think Ashley like Pardew particullary. I'm more afraid of him putting Kinnear in charge again..

Tony Mowbray’s Black n White Army...

Nah he currently has a hand in the game.  If no one steps foward then Ashley's pool of contacts is full of relics from the past looking to weazle their way back into football.

We'll end up with another massive hasbeen.

If Rafa were to chuck it in.