Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sadly lots of the numpties he is clearly taking the piss out of will be all ‘well sed m8, couldn’t degree more’

We need to make sure that its clear Ashley is the escape goat

Heard about that goat before like, trained by Houdini apparently.  O0

Is it Mike Ashleys birthday trip this weekend?

The banter brigade on tour!

That's just begging for a Coldwar_Steve photoshop :lol:

I just spent 15 minutes reading the replies to that tweet. Glorious. How do these wankers not know they're not liked by absolutely anybody in the universe?

I just spent 15 minutes reading the replies to that tweet. Glorious. How do these wankers not know they're not liked by absolutely anybody in the universe?

All good but for me,  this was the best :lol:

:lol:

All the tarmac jokes are also good.

Good luck to the suppliers trying to get £884m in unpaid invoices from HoF  :lol:

If I was then i’d be supplying my stock elsewhere

They have, a couple of big name brands have pulled their stock out of their stores and others are threatening to do the same. He’s going to end up being left with only SD brands to sell instore. :lol:

It will surely make his Flannels business harder to run as well.

Good luck to the suppliers trying to get £884m in unpaid invoices from HoF  [emoji38]

They have, a couple of big name brands have pulled their stock out of their stores and others are threatening to do the same. He’s going to end up being left with only SD brands to sell instore. [emoji38]

Just seen that on Sky. Glorious, absolutely perfect the fucking cunt. He's not dealing with broke firms here like, they should collectively fuck him right up the arse.

Good luck to the suppliers trying to get £884m in unpaid invoices from HoF  [emoji38]

They have, a couple of big name brands have pulled their stock out of their stores and others are threatening to do the same. He’s going to end up being left with only SD brands to sell instore. [emoji38]

Just seen that on Sky. Glorious, absolutely perfect the fucking cunt. He's not dealing with broke firms here like, they should collectively fuck him right up the arse.

If I was a premium brand who supply HOF I would be concerned about his takeover of the company. He’s well known for selling shit and horrible looking clothing at cheap-ish prices to clientele these brands won’t want to attract. I once went into his Cruise store in Newcastle (which is one of his Flannels stores with a different name), and even then all I saw was Fred Perry stuff and big names brand who still have that ‘chav’ clientele.

I don’t think he’s ever going to get away from catering to this sort of clientele, it’s always going to be chavs in Sports Direct, or chavs in Flannels who have a little bit more money to throw his way.

As you say, these brands don’t need him, and in my opinion I don’t think they will want him. I bet you a few of them are now having discussions to see if selling to his HOF would run the risk of their brand repeating the Burberry cap situation from the 00’s.

I was joking with my mate the other day about the idea of Tom Ford perfume beside Slazenger £3 aftershave. If I was any kind of premium brand I would be whipping my products out of there as soon as possible.

Aye, there was some story recently about Burberry literally burning millions of pounds worth of stock rather than sell it cheap. Hopefully these premium brands fuck him big time.

Armani is one I can think of that used to be premium and now is cheap shite you can get from SD

It is, it’s so run of the mill these days. I think it’s because their aftershaves became cheap along with their watches becoming cheap (£200). They then moved into tracksuits.

Prada is going the same way, cheap perfumes, and glasses that you can buy from Specsavers.

Hopefully if we win today the fans continue to get on Ashley's back, think its important to keep it up win or lose so people don't think its a "well they're only doing it because they lost" thing.

He has (or the owners of the building have) put in a planning application for a refurbishment of his Sports Direct store on Northumberland street.

https://publicaccessapplications.newcastle.gov.uk/online-applications/buildingControlDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PBNE00BS0OH00

There are no actual plans uploaded yet, so it is difficult to tell if there are any plans from him that request permission for alterations that may need planning permission via a planning committee. There is also no details if this is for a Sports Direct store (it may be for a none SD affiliated company as he may move Sports Direct out). There is no indication that the plans are from Sports Direct or the owners of the building. If it's from the owners of the building then it would be safe to assume that Sports Direct will be moving to across the road in the WHSmith block, along with Flannels.

Also before spamming the NCC planning portal, bare in mind my previous advice that any objections must have a legitimate reason for objection, otherwise you'll be wasting your time. As there are no specific details just yet, I suggest that you hold off on making any objections until we have more information. I'll be more than willing to look over the plans to see if we need to raise any legitimate objections and what they are, and I'm sure many others from SSC will be willing to do the same.

He has (or the owners of the building have) put in a planning application for a refurbishment of his Sports Direct store on Northumberland street.

https://publicaccessapplications.newcastle.gov.uk/online-applications/buildingControlDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PBNE00BS0OH00

There are no actual plans uploaded yet, so it is difficult to tell if there are any plans from him that request permission for alterations that may need planning permission via a planning committee. There is also no details if this is for a Sports Direct store (it may be for a none SD affiliated company as he may move Sports Direct out). There is no indication that the plans are from Sports Direct or the owners of the building. If it's from the owners of the building then it would be safe to assume that Sports Direct will be moving to across the road in the WHSmith block, along with Flannels.

Also before spamming the NCC planning portal, bare in mind my previous advice that any objections must have a legitimate reason for objection, otherwise you'll be wasting your time. As there are no specific details just yet, I suggest that you hold off on making any objections until we have more information. I'll be more than willing to look over the plans to see if we need to raise any legitimate objections and what they are, and I'm sure many others from SSC will be willing to do the same.

That is a building regs application not a planning application.

That is a building regs application not a planning application.

Will largely/wholly be internal work then.