Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Brother's flatmate's sisters mate's dog told me that the club will 100% be sold next week to an Arab consortium who will give us £10bn to spend in Jan.  Also, all SD advertising will be burnt on a bonfire and Ashley will be put in stocks outside the Strawberry so people can throw cream pies in his face.

100% guaranteed. ITK, Marra.

Funny that, my Arabian mate told me 100% that it was being sold to his brother's flatmate's sister's mate's dog.

Well, the Op asked if it's true. So it's safe to presume many would see it and just auto: "OMG, I saw what they did, on twitter!".

Maybe not you, or me, or many others. But it's still a dick move.

Aye definitely a dick move, but a calculated dick move, which makes it a better dick move than seeing a post on twitter and reacting in such a way.

An arsehole tweet that will have some walking away from TMG without f***ing checking. Why would an NUFC account be that retarded!

IIRC they're one of the ones against everything TMG has done or proposed.

Why on earth would you be against everything TMG have done? Jesus Christ we have some proper bellends in our support.

An arsehole tweet that will have some walking away from TMG without f***ing checking. Why would an NUFC account be that retarded!

Why on earth would you be against everything TMG have done? Jesus Christ we have some proper bellends in our support.

Unsure if he's against it per se, he's must a massive bell end wind up merchant.

Guest firetotheworks

There are absolutely loads of people against it man. It's why I can't be bothered anymore. It's one thing Ashley and Bishop standing in our way, it's another thing entirely having supposed fellow fans stand in your way like braying hyenas, making that same retarded 'shouting at a shop' point that only makes any sense in a world without cameras, reporters, and social media.

The balls on this bastard!

https://news.sky.com/story/mike-ashley-budget-help-for-high-st-was-the-work-of-a-child-11560239

Mike Ashley has criticised the help for the high street announced in the budget, with a representative saying the retail tycoon believes it is the "work of a child".

The boss of Sports Direct, who rescued House of Fraser (HoF) after its collapse in August, spoke out against the chancellor's aid for independent retailers.

Philip Hammond said last month that for the next two years, all retailers in England with rateable value of £51,000 or less would have business rates bill cut by a third.

Mr Ashley also confirmed he was due to give evidence at the housing, communities and local government committee's inquiry into the future of high streets and town centres.

Christmas shopping is just getting started at a time of Brexit uncertainty for both consumers and retailers.

Weaker trade for independent retailers has coincided with higher rent, wages and business rates.

The squeeze has forced several well-known chains, including HoF, to go to the wall while a string of others have sought rescue deals.

Mr Ashley said: "Since we acquired HoF, we've been working around the clock to save as many stores and jobs as possible.

"I believe politicians and landlords should be doing more to save our struggling high streets, so I intend to make the most of this opportunity to make a real difference."

The billionaire expressed frustration last week after it was announced that four HoF stores would be closing - and clearly placed the blame on landlords for refusing to cut rents.

It is understood he will try to use his evidence to MPs as a platform for criticism of the government.

A representative said Mr Ashley was believed to feel Mr Hammond's help on business rates was a token gesture and the "work of a child".

This claim to be the saviour pattern is interesting. Fucking sociopath

I thought it was just a public persona thing to keep criticism at bay but I'm honestly starting to think he genuinely believes it all. Like, he actually thinks he's doing the world a favour whenever he asset strips an entity, be it a football club or high street chain. Which is even fucking creepier.