Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He has other parts of his business in INTU though.

Not for long if you read the INTU statement this afternoon :lol:.

"We have been advised this morning that the four House of Fraser stores in our portfolio will be closing in early 2019, representing around 1% of our secured rent and 526000sq ft of retail space.

We have had numerous meetings with Sports Direct including at the highest level to try to agree terms.

While we cannot discuss the detail, we have been unable to reach an agreement.

We are enthusiastic about the opprtunity to reengineer and re-let this under-performing space to new and exciting alternatives".

In other words, on your bike you fat waller.

Yep, hate these links, makes me think there's a 1% chance we might get out of this living hell.

We are 5-6 weeks away from the January transfer window. Ask yourself again if he’s close to selling up.

How much is 1% hope Stifler?

I think he'll be here until he dies tbh. Hes mid-50s now so given his obvious poor diet I say 10 to 20 years maybe. Then the club will be passed onto his children or whoever else he passes his businesses on to. I'm not trying to be pessimistic as fuck but why would he sell when he's a businessman focusing on sports retail? He has a club in the most profitable league in world football, possibly world sport that he can use for advertising and brand exposure. Sure we'll face relegations but for a club this size it really isnt much to push us back into the Premier League if it ever happens.

It’ll happen, circle the bowl like this all the time (or endeavour to) and it will happen. Only needs 2 seasons down there and it would change the complexion of finances entirely - and I don’t necessarily mean that makes him sell just that if he wants to keep banking on bouncing back every time it’ll backfire.

I think he'll be here until he dies tbh. Hes mid-50s now so given his obvious poor diet I say 10 to 20 years maybe. Then the club will be passed onto his children or whoever else he passes his businesses on to. I'm not trying to be pessimistic as fuck but why would he sell when he's a businessman focusing on sports retail? He has a club in the most profitable league in world football, possibly world sport that he can use for advertising and brand exposure. Sure we'll face relegations but for a club this size it really isnt much to push us back into the Premier League if it ever happens.

This. It's a combination of "why would he want to sell?" and "why would anyone want to buy at the price he wants with assets stripped, all manner of contracts tying the club into future dealings for SD as per Rangers, a shiite playing squad, no manager soon, decaying outdated facilities, and underqualified/inexperienced/incompetent executives and senior management - aka Ashley's gambling/drinking/business mates - running the club probably tying themselves into nice compensation contracts".

I know he’s shit but your hatred of Charnley seems weirdly personal.

Just irks me how this little scrote never gets questioned at how inept he is and hes only ever seen in public like some kind of limpet stuck to the side of Ashley on TV cameras