Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are any among us seriously thinking Rafa is going to get absolute millions and millions to spend in January?

Clarify millions.

I will ask you the same. Put a figure you may assume.

Id be thinking 30m budget plus sales of existing players or also reduction of wage structure in loaning our own or selling, this in turn allowing in more expensive earners in on loan.

We would need two big transfers, and two big loan transfers.

Dont take the piss here, but if it is in anyway possible.

Shaw on a loan to buy.

Batshuayi on a loan.

Buy and spend big on a goalkeeper.

And spend big on a holding midfielder that can protect theback four and play a bit of football.

Nothing at all unreasonable about that. :thup:

Are any among us seriously thinking Rafa is going to get absolute millions and millions to spend in January?

Clarify millions.

Id be thinking 30m budget plus sales of existing players or also reduction of wage structure in loaning our own or selling, this in turn allowing in more expensive earners in on loan.

Dont take the p*ss here, but if it is in anyway possible.

Shaw on a loan to buy.

Batshuayi on a loan.

And spend big on a holding midfielder that can protect theback four and play a bit of football.

I think the BIG difference post Ashley would be wages - in that we'll pay more and be able to attract better players.  We may not get a 100 Mil but if we got 30 - 50 mil it'd hopefully be enough to buy a couple of decent players to keep us up.

Clarify millions.

Dont take the piss here, but if it is in anyway possible.

Shaw on a loan to buy.

Batshuayi on a loan.

Nothing at all unreasonable about that. :thup:

Apart from Batshuayi

Even if it is just £30m, once we're rid of FMA we can behave like a normal club and spread the cost over a few years in installments.  That £30m would go quite a long way spread over time.  Three £20m players in 3 years installments would cost us £20m this year.  His policy of paying for transfers in full upfront has really hindered us in the transfer market imo.

Probably been posted but I only just saw it

George Caulkin ‏Verified account @CaulkinTheTimes

There would, I understand, be compromises on both sides: some money to be released for transfers next month, even if a deal not finalised, and the continuation of Sports Direct ads for a limited period.

Wonder how many years the "limited period" is :lol:

Probably been posted but I only just saw it

George Caulkin ‏Verified account @CaulkinTheTimes

There would, I understand, be compromises on both sides: some money to be released for transfers next month, even if a deal not finalised, and the continuation of Sports Direct ads for a limited period.

Wonder how many years the "limited period" is :lol:

I really dont care, as long as the fat cunt has gone.

As someone mentioned, wages have been holding us back for 10 years. Agents don't go near clubs who have a reputation for being tight cunts.

Hopefully, Ashley won't care about paying too much on wages for new players as it's going to be someone else's problem.

Steve Wraith claiming to be in the know again on twitter and saying the takeover is as far away from happening as it has ever been.

How the fuck does he know man, and before anyone replys with he has regular meetings with Rafa, why the fuck would Rafa have regular meetings with him. Do you think he wants to know about the time be was best mates with the Krays.

I tell you why he is saying that he is trying to get people to retweet him so he can sell all of the tat he advertises on his twitter.

Just had a quick scan through Wraiths twitter. Eventually found the posts in question, after trawling through all the concert and event promotion tweets.

Its all just 'his opinion', but he seems to be doubting the story broke by a number of journalist yesterday. Maybe he's got the hump because Amanda never called him back after he gave her his card when he was sat near her at the Liverpool match. She probably blocked him on FB, Twitter, etc too.

Clearly doesn't like the fact he hasn't been able to break a story, and now wants to be a contrary ITK, so if it all falls down ,he can say 'told you so'.