Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He may be being a miserable s*** but I do believe him they haven't agreed a price yet, that doesn't mean they're not close or not just haggling the details at this point but I don't buy into the idea they agreed it ages ago and have been keeping it secret for some reason. I also think people somehow underestimate Mike Ashley's capacity to be fickle and spiteful. I think when they do agree a price we'll know.

Caulkin has tweeted in reply to someone that it's been categorically denied that the new company is anything to do with NUFC. None of this 'sources suggest' clickbait the others have gone for.

Was nice to hope it was close. Still think it'll happen anyway.

But is it not the job of the 'sources' to deny it.  How can they confirm it if for legal reason it can't be announced until Jan 6th?  I've never been convinced the takeover was going to happen until now - it is just too much of a coincidence for it not to be connected.  It's only the THIRD company she has registered EVER - if I was a journalist I would be highly sceptically of anything a 'source' told me to the contrary - so I am surprised they've publicly stated it's not connected.

He may be being a miserable s*** but I do believe him they haven't agreed a price yet, that doesn't mean they're not close or not just haggling the details at this point but I don't buy into the idea they agreed it ages ago and have been keeping it secret for some reason. I also think people somehow underestimate Mike Ashley's capacity to be fickle and spiteful. I think when they do agree a price we'll know.

When the January window is just about to open and he's being offered north of £250m, personally I think he'd rather take the money and not have to worry about spinning a web of lies before each window where he's expected to spend anymore.

Wouldn't surprise me if it is announced at the same time as a top quality signing. It'd probably be hard to achieve the same thing at the same time, but there'd be no better way to burst on the scene than  with 2 or 3 signings so that the business is all tied up and it would be a real statement of intent.

I reckon it's almost done now like. Will be announced on the 20th.

Wouldn't surprise me if it is announced at the same time as a top quality signing. It'd probably be hard to achieve the same thing at the same time, but there'd be no better way to burst on the scene than  with 2 or 3 signings so that the business is all tied up and it would be a real statement of intent.

Sounds great, feels good to believe this will be the case so let's go with that :thup:

Sounds great, feels good to believe this will be the case so let's go with that :thup:

Seems like everyone puts their hat in the ring on Twitter. I might tweet it as fact and see if Sky report it.

Manders will fly into London Saturday morning so she can give David Luiz a lift. He'll be paraded before kick off.

Relax lads, it's all taken care of.

Let’s get the Ashley low-expectations aaaalllll the way out of our system. Think bigger. Jesus. Yes, Jesus; he’s not really injured. He just got the call that it is all on. He’ll be joining us before the end of the window. And yes, I mean of Nazareth not Gabriel.

I like the cut of this fellow’s jib!

Indeed - he's put together a pretty well thought out article and connected some very public dots (Companies House and all) that our local rag seems to have missed. IF he's right and this is a holding company for transferring an asset then it's damn good news.

What are the odds though that Stavely is getting things ready now - incase this goes down to the wire of the final few days of January and wants to be in a position to transfer the club and push through some players.

No wonder the local journos are getting arsey when this kid is doing a better job than they are.

Of course they are. Fucking Douglas has been following this for months doesn't even understand how fucking shares work. A university students with a bit of investigative journalism showing them up.