Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have a feeling this isn't dead, just a lot more public. Would love to see a £300m no clauses bid made public and see what happens next.

I'm not sure if that's wishful thinking. :undecided:

If she's serious, she fights for this. If she fights with clear public offers then we will see whether the fat man really is serious about selling.

A bit like making offers for players made public to unsettle them. At some point the player goes fuck that you've got a great bid let me go, Mike will have the supporters united in doing the same along with the media.

After that and still no sale then it never will. Atm her bids aren't enough, I wish they were but it's not the price he's looking for. £300m no clauses I think is a fair offer and should be accepted.

Have a feeling this isn't dead, just a lot more public. Would love to see a £300m no clauses bid made public and see what happens next.

It’s done mate. He’s here till he’s dead.

I thought that for the last few weeks and been shot down for it. Today I feel different. She's fighting, let's hope it's mot just to preserve reputation and she is serious. If she is serious she can win. May need our help though.

He's scum of the highest order, I'm glad Staveley has come out, defender herself and outed him as a cunt. Not sure how many of our fans would read the times though, this story or rewording of it needs to be shunted across to the Sun, the Star, SSN etc. Give it real coverage and hope the fans do something about it in the next home game.

If cunts like Steve Wraith/Mike Martin really had the clubs best interests at heart they would help facilitate this. As it is, now is the time where we really need fans to band together over one common goal: Remove Mike Ashley from this club. How we do that and balance it between supporting Rafa and making SJP a cauldron of abuse at the fat man, I'm not sure though. It seems Rafa leaving would be the straw that broke the camel back for a lot, however we have too many narrow-minded fans amongst us that believe he is at fault and are incapable of seeing the bigger picture.

Despite the war of words and crap flying round the situation seems pretty straght forward.

Ashley wants £350m (no clauses etc).  He feels justified as he invested £236m and IHO the club is in a stable financial situation now.

PCP value club at £250m.  As ITO the club needs £100m investment on top to make up for lack of investment in training ground and squad. 

We all have our opinions on who is right. 

Neither side wants to move and PCP’s funding may or may not still be in place now (Reubens family quotes)

That's like taking a car to We Buy Any Car, being told it’s worth £2,000 then insisting “well I didn’t notice that it needed new tyres when I bought it and I've crashed it twice, that cost me £1,000 so the car is actually worth £3,000”.

Guest firetotheworks

It seems pretty clear to me from the way that she's spoken that the offers that are in place aren't likely to be improved upon. I think there's the slight possibility of an improved or worse offer depending upon whether we stay up or not, but if we go down I'd say there's almost no chance of any offer coming in. I don't even have any hope to fight against anymore tbh, it's much easier to just take it as a given that nothing will happen and Ashley is here until something else comes along and fully forces his hand.

It seems pretty clear to me from the way that she's spoken that the offers that are in place aren't likely to be improved upon. I think there's the slight possibility of an improved or worse offer depending upon whether we stay up or not, but if we go down I'd say there's almost no chance of any offer coming in. I don't even have any hope to fight against anymore tbh, it's much easier to just take it as a given that nothing will happen and Ashley is here until something else comes along and fully forces his hand.

I think there could still be improved bids, but I do think it will depend on us staying up. I can’t see anything happening until we have confirmed safety.

Guest reefatoon

Don't think he had any intention of selling and was just going through the usual motions he does when things get a bit heated on him.  He will have been livid that someone actually came up and made an offer this time though, he wasn't expecting that, hence the ignore it and it will go away tactic he is using. The bloke is a fat lying c***, who puts in nothing and gains so much from owning it. He is never leaving.

There's a couple of fairly large variables that mitigate against any improved offers until after May. There is the small matter of what league we're in, but also the new PL rights deal as well as the HMRC decision. Surely there couldn't be a riskier time to buy? Especially if she's being asked to increase her offer in the order of 20% (or just the lazy 50mil in some people's eyes)

You'll have to wait for us to be on 40 points for that to happen. By then Ashley could easily move the goalposts again.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't think he had any intention of selling and was just going through the usual motions he does when things get a bit heated on him.  He will have been livid that someone actually came up and made an offer this time though, he wasn't expecting that, hence the ignore it and it will go away tactic he is using. The bloke is a fat lying c***, who puts in nothing and gains so much from owning it. He is never leaving.

There wasn't any heat on him at all. If he's done it, it's purely for shits and giggles.

She clearly still wants to buy and she's made 3 bids - wouldn't be surprised if she made a 4th and final one.

Which is basically what the whole 'no offers' shite has been about.

I like how she basically called his bluff about other bids :lol: "someone has bid £350m!" ... "nee bother, but gis a shout when that is proven to be a lie"

There wasn't any heat on him at all. If he's done it, it's purely for s***s and giggles.

:thup:

He wants out, but wants x amount and won't budge.  To be honest I think it's even less likely now that this little war of words has started.

Guest reefatoon

There wasn't any heat on him at all. If he's done it, it's purely for s***s and giggles.

Yeah, it wasn't really heat. I was more talking about not giving Rafa money in the summer and he came out with his shite interview that annoyed folk.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, it wasn't really heat. I was more talking about not giving Rafa money in the summer and he came out with his shite interview that annoyed folk.

Guest reefatoon

He wants out, but wants x amount and won't budge.  To be honest I think it's even less likely now that this little war of words has started.

I don't think he does want out. Why would he? It's done wonders for his real interest. He would accept stupid money for it though, but he knows that nobody in their right mind would be willing to pay that. He see's PCP as a right thorn in his side as he is just going through the usual motions of trying to appease the fans with made up shite, not expecting someone to actually come in for the club and attempt to buy it.

That's almost right. I think he'll go for X amount, but he doesn't really want out, and that's why he won't budge from that price. He's set it high enough to ensure a very small chance of a sale.

the encouraging aspects of that interview were her insistence on rafa and acknowledgement of the job he's doing, plus the fact she see's the club as integral to the city with some of her backer investing in ventures in the city already

as ever it all depends on how much they want it, my own feeling (based on not much) is that ashley is such a cunt to deal with they'll probably not want it enough :/

Ashley's camp are also making noises about looking at the TV deal again when details are released. That's preparation for moving the goalposts if we do stay up IMO, just in case PCP meet the asking price.