Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dominic Speedie @dspeedie

Replying to @KieranMaguire

It is odd, given that all previous accounts appear to have been filed on time. Of course, it will be Lee Charnley (sole director) is ultimately liable for the non-filing, not Mr Ashley

pretty much

:lol: charnley, he's quite clearly going to be an andy duphrame for ashley

I think our recent run and league position might be influencing a few opinions on what the club's worth, like. The increase in valuation is more conservative than I expected, but that doesn't mean that the original asking price wasn't too much. I can't see anyone paying £400m for a club that needs a good deal of further investment to even have a chance of success.

This and it's because of years of underinvestment across the club not just on the pitch.

The way an investor has to or should look at it is if they bought the club for 400m, it’s alwas going to be worth that if they run it well and worth more if they succeed. Ashley bought the club knowing he would never be out of pocket or rather never make a loss. Yes it’s a lot of money, but you are buying something that can become one of the top clubs in Europe. A club that is already one of the top clubs when it comes to stadia, gates, fan base, and yes revenue. Albeit that is somewhat skewered due to the huge TV deal here in the PL.

Its worth 400m if this is to be a long term thing and it doesn’t need huge huge amounts of money thrown at it. 10m would fix the facilities issue. Good scouts and coaching is what fixes the development of the academy/reserves/development. Rafa can fix that alone by being ale to bring in his own people. The first team of course is where the biggest injection of money is needed. But if year one of takeover is about stability and consolidation, just getting Kennedy, the ‘keeper and Slimani in should see to that with Rafa as manager.

Look at what has been spent at City, what a billion pounds or more in total? Do that here including purchase of club and we would be top 4 and winning silverware.

Howay man HTT, you know full well the club hasn't been "run well" for over a decade. Commercial and matchday income has gone down, debt has doubled, there has been precious little investment in its facilities and the stature of the club as a whole has gone down from being regular European contenders to regular relegation fodder. Then there is the question of what would happen to the 129m debt after any takeover and whether it would be included in these valuations, but presumably the new owners would have to cough up or refinance it as well. Saying the club is worth what Ashley asks if run well is like someone putting their depricated house on the market for what it could be worth after renovation.

As others have said, if the club is worth that much where are the buyers? Of course Ashley sets his price as he is entitled to do, but by setting a price nobody sees as near to the club's true value it makes it abundantly clear that he's not a willing seller at all.

We've been here before, sadly.

I think our recent run and league position might be influencing a few opinions on what the club's worth, like. The increase in valuation is more conservative than I expected, but that doesn't mean that the original asking price wasn't too much. I can't see anyone paying £400m for a club that needs a good deal of further investment to even have a chance of success.

This and it's because of years of underinvestment across the club not just on the pitch.

The way an investor has to or should look at it is if they bought the club for 400m, it’s alwas going to be worth that if they run it well and worth more if they succeed. Ashley bought the club knowing he would never be out of pocket or rather never make a loss. Yes it’s a lot of money, but you are buying something that can become one of the top clubs in Europe. A club that is already one of the top clubs when it comes to stadia, gates, fan base, and yes revenue. Albeit that is somewhat skewered due to the huge TV deal here in the PL.

Its worth 400m if this is to be a long term thing and it doesn’t need huge huge amounts of money thrown at it. 10m would fix the facilities issue. Good scouts and coaching is what fixes the development of the academy/reserves/development. Rafa can fix that alone by being ale to bring in his own people. The first team of course is where the biggest injection of money is needed. But if year one of takeover is about stability and consolidation, just getting Kennedy, the ‘keeper and Slimani in should see to that with Rafa as manager.

Look at what has been spent at City, what a billion pounds or more in total? Do that here including purchase of club and we would be top 4 and winning silverware.

Howay man HTT, you know full well the club hasn't been "run well" for over a decade. Commercial and matchday income has gone down, debt has doubled, there has been precious little investment in its facilities and the stature of the club as a whole has gone down from being regular European contenders to regular relegation fodder. Then there is the question of what would happen to the 129m debt after any takeover and whether it would be included in these valuations, but presumably the new owners would have to cough up or refinance it as well. Saying the club is worth what Ashley asks if run well is like someone putting their depricated house on the market for what it could be worth after renovation.

As others have said, if the club is worth that much where are the buyers? Of course Ashley sets his price as he is entitled to do, but by setting a price nobody sees as near to the club's true value it makes it abundantly clear that he's not a willing seller at all.

It's pretty obvious that's not what he said. Just read the bit you bolded.

We’re worth whatever Ashley wants us to be like. He owns us and can therefore set whatever price he likes.

Doesn’t matter if people agree or disagree with his valuation, it is what it is.

Yes we know it's his club, he can value it at 400 billion if he wants. If Rafa leaves maybe Pardew will come and show us how to run a club on a budget.

I don't know what's to misread. If the new owners run the club well it is easily worth 400m? Well yes of course it might be, but who in their right mind would pay full pound for something that has not been run well and requires significant investment to bring up to scratch?

Didn't he want about that much at the start of the whole process but eventually seemed prepared to sell for 300mill but without the relegation clause ?

yes he dropped his price by £100m once it became clear his mismanagement could lead to relegation. That time might come round again if Rafa decides he's wasting his time here and it's Hello Pardew my old friend....

The top and bottom of it is that he's simply not selling the club. Let's hope he doesn't use this uncertainty as an excuse to not invest, because if he does, Rafa is gone.

Hope for the best, expect the worst for me if that's the case. It's a matter of time. Enjoy Rafa whilst we can.

No idea how right he usually is or whatever, but that guy who always goes through Companies House, the club's accounts when they're published, the boring finance stuff etc, Chris Holt? (iirc someone mentioned he used to post on here) He seems confident that net spend in the coming summer 2018 will exceed £70m. A McClaren sized budget basically. Whether Rafa is actually allowed to break our 13 year transfer record for quality is the caveat, though.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't know what's to misread. If the new owners run the club well it is easily worth 400m? Well yes of course it might be, but who in their right mind would pay full pound for something that has not been run well and requires significant investment to bring up to scratch?

Financially the club kind of has been run well, from a business perspective anyway. That's from a business to business perspective by the way. Yes we could do better commercially and have been left behind in that regard, but the club doesn't make a loss in general, generates huge revenues and has potential to generate even more. It is to use a cliche on a sound financially footing.

Taking everything into stock, club assets, stadia, fan base, PL status, the manager, the playing squad and the potential revenue growth value, the club today as it stands is worth £400m. IMO anyway.

The issue is this: Is there anyone out there willing to pay that? We will probably soon find out. Would they be mad to pay that? Not in my opinion they wouldn't be.

If Ashley gets his asking price he sells up IMO as he has shown he is unable, unwilling and simply not suited to taking the club any further. A club that is only operating the way it is today because of who the manager is. A manager who this week alone has stated he doesn't want to be fighting relegation or finishing mid-table, he wants to win things like major titles and pit his wits against the creme of the crop from around Europe.

If Ashley cannot match that, Rafa will be off and then the club becomes worth even less and would surely struggle to stay in the top-flight which it pretty much has done since Ashley bought the club, culminating in two actual demotions. Then there is the fan fall-our should Rafa leave which this time I reckon Ashley couldn't recover from in terms of attendances, protests etc.

Ashley may loosen the purse strings in the summer to pacify Rafa for the time being, but Rafa will always want more and more investment and ambition which again Ashley simply cannot match.

No idea how right he usually is or whatever, but that guy who always goes through Companies House, the club's accounts when they're published, the boring finance stuff etc, Chris Holt? (iirc someone mentioned he used to post on here) He seems confident that net spend in the coming summer 2018 will exceed £70m. A McClaren sized budget basically. Whether Rafa is actually allowed to break our 13 year transfer record for quality is the caveat, though.

Does that £70m include wages? Won't go far if it does.

Do some people seriously think Pardew might come back if Rafa walks?

Seen quite a few posts suggesting it now and am hoping its just dark humour.

I know Pardew's ego knows no bounds but I don't think he would want to come back here, even were Ashley mental enough to offer it. (And Ashley is mental when it comes to football).

I know Pardew's ego knows no bounds but I don't think he would want to come back here, even were Ashley mental enough to offer it. (And Ashley is mental when it comes to football).

Pardew is done, even Ashley isn't going to risk the club's PL status to him, after CP and WBA. I would not be shocked however if another former manager is appointed to take his place, if Rafa leaves and assuming he is sacked from his current job on Merseyside.

He didn't even quit. Palace paid to take him off us. Ashley would definitely bring him back, he is that ridiculous.

I wish Staveley had just taking the risk and paid the £300 million upfront in December and had some faith in Rafa to keep us up. Probably the closest we had come to ever getting rid of this joker.

It's all so unfortunate man.

Nah I don't seriously think he'll come back, my point was that I think Ashley would still prefer a Pardew who will toe the line over a Rafa who will constantly be demanding high standards in public. If Rafa goes I fully expect Ashley to go back to the doormat manager route, or at least someone unproven so he won't be putting as much pressure on to spend.

Nah, never in a million years.

Pardew wouldn’t risk coming up against animosity and Ashley wouldn’t risk his £££.

Ashley will do the bare minimum to keep hold of Rafa, imo.

Bang on and Rafa isn't daft and will see right through it, unfortunately for us. Wouldn't it be just lovely if Ashley could act like a fully functioning human being, instead of a potato.

Rafa will be gone in a year if Ashley stays, there's no way on this planet that Ashley will invest properly, he'll just try it on like he usually does and mess everyone about.