Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not saying it's likely but it's another side in a top division, with funds, a ready made stadium and a good loyal following looking for a manager. I believe ours will be on their radar so every right to look at them as potential threat.

It can all be sorted in one simple way: do what he wants and what MA has 'said' he will do. Back him financially and allow him to plan for the clubs future by building the 1st team and squad.

If its not likely then why cry about it? Like I said, stop wetting your knickers. Klopp to Madrid or poch to Chelsea is more likely to see us lose Rafa when then merry-go-round starts spinning. Direct to wham? Like you've just said, not likely.

First off I'm not 'crying about it' nor 'wetting my knickers'.

So wind your neck in bonny lad.

The argument that because it is known that the WHam lot are a bunch of cunts then there is zero possibility of Rafa being tempted remotely by that job just doesn't wash.

Everyone on the planet knows and knew what a cunt MA is, that didn't stop Rafa coming to us did it? He knew the owner was a shithead yet still came, he knew the club had won fuck all in years and yet still came. He knew the off field and on field weaknesses and yet still came...the same could quite easily apply to a club of the stature of WHam.

I think it is highly unlikely, not impossible, but very improbable that he would leave us to go to them. Far weirder things happen in football though...just look at that shit show of an England squad.

But as every club releases a manager then the imperative for our clueless fucking idiot of an owner and his henchmen to actually start addressing the issue of Rafas tenure ramps up a notch, again in my opinion. I fully expect the WHam lot to make some kind of approach/noise for him.

Spurs job is a very good point and another 'potential' reason to be a tad wary of events this summer.

Guest Howaythetoon

The WH owners are obviously cunts, but not on the same level as Ashley. WH have shown since they bought the club lots of ambition, ambition that is misguided and built on sand at times, but they clearly want to make WH successful. Would Rafa go there? He’d be mad to, but then he was mad enough to come here and stay here. People laughing at the thought of him going there and even Everton are not looking at the big picture here. Rafa wants a project, a PL project that he can shape and build towards success. All he requires is full control, a reasonable budget and 100% unity. Any club that could offer him that would interest him. I think he absolutely wants to be here though and wants to badly do for us what he achieved with Valencia and Liverpool to a degree. It would top his career achievements and give him the most satisfaction and that’s why he’s fighting Ashley and his cronies all the way to get what he needs. Again he doesn’t need silly money or for us to smash our transfer record out of sight a few times. It’s a shame because ambitious owners and Rafa will bring silverware, European football and top 6 football.

Not saying it's likely but it's another side in a top division, with funds, a ready made stadium and a good loyal following looking for a manager. I believe ours will be on their radar so every right to look at them as potential threat.

It can all be sorted in one simple way: do what he wants and what MA has 'said' he will do. Back him financially and allow him to plan for the clubs future by building the 1st team and squad.

If its not likely then why cry about it? Like I said, stop wetting your knickers. Klopp to Madrid or poch to Chelsea is more likely to see us lose Rafa when then merry-go-round starts spinning. Direct to wham? Like you've just said, not likely.

You're a bit rich to accuse someone of wetting their knickers, after your frequent overreactions and indeed knicker-wetting throughout Rafa's tenure.

First off I'm not 'crying about it' nor 'wetting my knickers'.

So wind your neck in bonny lad.

The argument that because it is known that the WHam lot are a bunch of cunts then there is zero possibility of Rafa being tempted remotely by that job just doesn't wash.

Everyone on the planet knows and knew what a cunt MA is, that didn't stop Rafa coming to us did it? He knew the owner was a shithead yet still came, he knew the club had won fuck all in years and yet still came. He knew the off field and on field weaknesses and yet still came...the same could quite easily apply to a club of the stature of WHam.

I think it is highly unlikely, not impossible, but very improbable that he would leave us to go to them. Far weirder things happen in football though...just look at that shit show of an England squad.

But as every club releases a manager then the imperative for our clueless fucking idiot of an owner and his henchmen to actually start addressing the issue of Rafas tenure ramps up a notch, again in my opinion. I fully expect the WHam lot to make some kind of approach/noise for him.

Spurs job is a very good point and another 'potential' reason to be a tad wary of events this summer.

Just messing, fella. Guess we find out sooner than we thought

So anyone still buying Ashley's propaganda that he wants to sell up?

Dunno, but Ms Staveley has gone very quiet since her interview with Caulkin, where she stated she was still interested, and would come back once safety was secured.

Suppose a leak of West Ham (or any other clubs) interest in Rafa could also be trying to put pressure on her to come back with another offer, if his position as manager is indeed key to their takeover.

Guest reefatoon

Dunno, but Ms Staveley has gone very quiet since her interview with Caulkin, where she stated she was still interested, and would come back once safety was secured.

Suppose a leak of West Ham (or any other clubs) interest in Rafa could also be trying to put pressure on her to come back with another offer, if his position as manager is indeed key to their takeover.

She has gone very quiet. Anyone checked Stifler's basement?

From todays Chronic, quoting an article from The Sun...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-takeover-gossip-resurfaces-14669232

Amanda Staveley is “on the point of ending any further talks” with Mike Ashley about a possible takeover of Newcastle United after the club’s price was “raised to £400million”, according to a report.

The businesswoman and her company, PCP Capital Partners Ltd, submitted three offers for the Magpies last November, but none of those bids matched Ashley’s asking price.

In January, a “source close to Ashley” described Staveley as a “time waster” and hinted that PCP would not be buying the club.

Yet, according to a report in The Sun, talks have continued behind the scenes between both parties - but if Ashley has raised the asking price to £400m as a result of the next three-year domestic TV rights deal, as was first suggested last month, it is claimed Staveley’s interest is likely to cease.

Newcastle do remain on the market, however, with the minutes from last month’s Fans Forum confirming that “nothing had changed” in that regard, while it is understood that the Sports Direct magnate has been attempting to source potential buyers in the USA.

Interestingly, given the fresh reports that West Ham United are set to make an approach for Rafa Benitez’s services, there are also suggestions that the Spaniard’s Magpies future is dependent on whether talks between Staveley and Ashley can be re-opened.

It is claimed that Benitez “interpreted” Ashley’s statement that the owner will “ensure every penny generated by the club is made available” to the manager as meaning Newcastle will need to sell before they can buy this summer.

Furthermore, it is suggested that Benitez “may be ready to listen to alternative managerial options should they come his way” as a result of this.

Talks between Benitez’s representatives and the Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley have been taking place for three-and-a-half weeks, and they remain on going.

:undecided:

I'm pretty certain she's off doing other things and the interest in us will only come back if Ashley's price drops significantly. But if she was still in talks, I'm sure she and Ashley have both agreed to keep everything behind closed doors, not wanting a repeat of the he said, she said incidents.

What i find most displeasing right now is the fact that there appears to be no one else remotely interested in purchasing us. To me, and I am hugely biased, we are prime for a takeover, we won't get in a better situation while Ashley is in charge. We've got a low cost base, with a manageable total wage bill, huge base income, zero external debt, loyal and dedicated fan base, world class manager, expectations low and potential extremely high. Even if we go with Ashley's new price of 400 million, that seems a good deal for me, we just made 126 million for taking part in the PL this season. 

Afar - has he ever been willing to sell or has it been yet another ruse?

I honestly think after the last relegation, he was ready to call it a day. It's too much work for him, it's a risky business whereby if you underperform you lose a substaintial amount of cash, yet still maintain huge costs. I know we should right question any of what he says but honestly believe he eventually came to the realisation that it's a difficult business to sustain and the exposure of the Sports Direct brand was the only thing he had a hard time on giving up on. So he set a price in his mind and was ready sell if someone matched it. The success of the team this season may have re-ignited his desires but I still think if someone comes along with the money in hand to pay his price, he'll take it and be happy to walk away from the spotlight.

Guest The Little Waster

No one is paying 400 M nor should they . So long as he makes money out of us he will stay ....