Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Im not expecting mass desertion anytime soon , im just pointing out its our most effective weapon , like workers withdrawing their labour , actually its our only real weapon

People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away .

What you're saying is utterly wrong.

200 people walking away will have no impact on his income at NUFC or any other business, and will have no impact on his decision to stay or go as our owner.

That same 200 people mobilising to give all of his companies dogs' abuse online whenever they post on Twitter, protesting against his stores, posting reviews their experiences of his businesses etc will have a massive impact on those businesses, their ability to advertise and their income, and their ability to attract new clients.

Scale that number up in either case from 200, the point stands either way. Don't get me wrong, not turning up is a start, but direct action is far more effective than just not turning up.

Guest The Little Waster

Im not expecting mass desertion anytime soon , im just pointing out its our most effective weapon , like workers withdrawing their labour , actually its our only real weapon

People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away .

200 people walking away will have no impact on his income at NUFC or any other business, and will have no impact on his decision to stay or go as our owner.

That same 200 people mobilising to give all of his companies dogs' abuse online whenever they post on Twitter, protesting against his stores, posting reviews their experiences of his businesses etc will have a massive impact on those businesses, their ability to advertise and their income, and their ability to attract new clients.

Scale that number up in either case from 200, the point stands either way. Don't get me wrong, not turning up is a start, but direct action is far more effective than just not turning up.

If you can find the bit where i mentioned 200 people i'd be obliged

Keep hearing this but the problm with your example is out of the 200 only about 30 - 50 actually do anything.

Guest The Little Waster

Theres is a difference in that Ashley owns 100% of our club as opposed to his Rangers shareholding , so our Ashley problem is way bigger than theirs and i would say needs a bigger and more extreme response in the form of complete abstinence from NUFC until he's gone . Now , given the passivity and sometimes downright stupidity of some of our fans , i'm not holding my breath whether thats going to happen anytime soon . Sure SD should be a target as should HOF and owt else he owns . People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away .

I like whole quotes btw

If you can find the bit where i mentioned 200 people i'd be obliged

I never said you did mention 200. :lol:

That's my number, I even said scale it up to any other number. Or down if you prefer. It's an arbitrary example but my point stands. Even 52000 staying away will have less impact than 52000 protesting vociferously and making Ashley's life and his businesses lives a living hell. Just today the BBC ran an article titled "these clubs could run at a loss with 0 fans" or something, basically showing how little clubs rely on revenue from the stands these days.

Staying away is great, it's a good start, certainly morally it's the right starting point. But we can do so much more and we absolutely should do more. Staying away on its own will do the square root of fuck all as far as removing this parasitic arsehole from the club goes. It's a fucking war, and you don't fight a war just by ignoring the enemy.

and lets not forget :

Oh and cancel yer Sky / BT subs

In the age of IPTV, I’m not sure why anyone would have them in the first place.

This. I'm completely baffled as to why anyone would even contemplate having Sky in this day and age.

Guest The Little Waster

Theres is a difference in that Ashley owns 100% of our club as opposed to his Rangers shareholding , so our Ashley problem is way bigger than theirs and i would say needs a bigger and more extreme response in the form of complete abstinence from NUFC until he's gone . Now , given the passivity and sometimes downright stupidity of some of our fans , i'm not holding my breath whether thats going to happen anytime soon . SURE SD SHOULD BE A TARGET AS SHOULD HOF AND OWT ELSE HE OWNS  . People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away .

I like whole quotes btw

Here , this time ive highlighted the relevant bit , do me the honour of actually reading and comprehending it

ta

Theres is a difference in that Ashley owns 100% of our club as opposed to his Rangers shareholding , so our Ashley problem is way bigger than theirs and i would say needs a bigger and more extreme response in the form of complete abstinence from NUFC until he's gone . Now , given the passivity and sometimes downright stupidity of some of our fans , i'm not holding my breath whether thats going to happen anytime soon . SURE SD SHOULD BE A TARGET AS SHOULD HOF AND OWT ELSE HE OWNS  . People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away .

I like whole quotes btw

Here , this time ive highlighted the relevant bit , do me the honour of actually reading and comprehending it

ta

I've read every word you've repeatedly quoted, but you're still wrong until you quote it without the bit saying "People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away". That's the bit I'm saying is utterly incorrect. And it is utterly incorrect.

Maybe try to read and comprehend what I'm saying?

Guest The Little Waster

I like whole quotes btw

ta

I've read every word you've repeatedly quoted, but you're still wrong until you quote it without the bit saying "People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away". That's the bit I'm saying is utterly incorrect. And it is utterly incorrect.

Funny how you tried to make it seem like i disavowed any direct action though :  )

52 000 walking away on its own would rock the foundations of the club and Ashley would shit his pants asap ...without us there is no NUFC ... don't you get that yet ? Want me to walk you through it again ?

I like whole quotes btw

ta

Funny how you tried to make it seem like i disavowed any direct action though :  )

52 000 walking away on its own would rock the foundations of the club and Ashley would shit his pants asap ...without us there is no NUFC ... don't you get that yet ? Want me to walk you through it again ?

Are you this patronising and condescending to everyone you engage with? :lol: Why do you need the cheap comments like "don't you get that yet ? Want me to walk you through it again ?" just because people disagree with you?

Of course 52000 walking away would do what you suggest. But 52000 taking direct action would do a hell of a lot more. You are of course entitled to disagree with that.

Well the people who got him out at Rangers beg to differ.

Ive just explained how their situation is different from ours in a previous post ( above ) could you do me the honour  of actually reading it

I did, but you're vehemently sticking to your 'walking away is the only way to go' line, despite these chaps saying it actually isn't.......that's your prerogative of course, but I'm more inclined to believe folk who have experience in this matter.

Theres is a difference in that Ashley owns 100% of our club as opposed to his Rangers shareholding , so our Ashley problem is way bigger than theirs and i would say needs a bigger and more extreme response in the form of complete abstinence from NUFC until he's gone . Now , given the passivity and sometimes downright stupidity of some of our fans , i'm not holding my breath whether thats going to happen anytime soon . Sure SD should be a target as should HOF and owt else he owns . People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away .

Can you actually read and comprehend ?

Yes, I can read and comprehend you cheeky cunt, but ultimately, you're still waffling on about the same thing.

I'll listen to people who know what they're talking about thanks.

Guest The Little Waster

But 52000 taking direct action would do a hell of a lot more. You are of course entitled to disagree with that.

Show me where i disagreed with direct action ?

Btw walking away is a direct action ...its a direct action of not putting more of your ££££ in Ashleys pocket

Are you deliberately misunderstanding me ? How can you be so obtuse ?

I'm disagreeing solely with this line:

"People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away"

I've tried making that point many times. I disagree with it because I believe protesting against his business interests will achieve more than just not turning up. I've made my point, I've no wish to make it again to someone who sees fit to call people who disagree with them a "cheeky cunt". Continue arguing if you wish, you strike me as the kind who needs to have the last word and doubtless you'll prove that shortly, but it'll be with yourself as I've got better things to do with my day.

Guest The Little Waster

"People often forget though that the biggest and best protest they can ever make is just simply walking away"

I've tried making that point many times. I disagree with it because I believe protesting against his business interests will achieve more than just not turning up. I've made my point, I've no wish to make it again to someone who sees fit to call people who disagree with them a "cheeky cunt". Continue arguing if you wish, you strike me as the kind who needs to have the last word and doubtless you'll prove that shortly, but it'll be with yourself as I've got better things to do with my day.

" I've no wish to make it again to someone who sees fit to call people who disagree with them a "cheeky cunt".

Erm that wasn't me

This thread is exactly why we struggle to get anywhere with our protesting [emoji38]

Anyways...different fans can protest different ways. Which ever way they see fit to be honest. It's each individuals prerogative.

Thus far, there may have been one or two instances that are a little rash for love of a better term, but it's not like anyone has been physically harmed or owt yet so I'm not too worried.

It's the groups that actively promote protesting that need to ensure they do things ligitimately and professionally. If people wanna gan radge then that's their choice as individuals. The more methods to the madness the better to be honest from an NUFC point of view. Just get rid of the twat. Whether that means strategically cutting off his business ventures and driving down his shares or bricking his windows and stealing his stock I don't care. So long as no one innocent is hurt in the process.

Jesus man.

I think targetting KBA clients but via an educating them and disrupting their social media presence is fine.

However, if you think calling the woman a 'disgrace', and 'slag' is acceptable then you're a massive wholloper.

At the end of the day, the aim is to make the link with KBA poisonous, not make his clients or ourselves poisonous. When you take that into account then it's fairly fucking simple where the line is. 2 people last night crossed that line, and they were rightly called out on it. 

" I've no wish to make it again to someone who sees fit to call people who disagree with them a "cheeky cunt".

Erm that wasn't me

Indeed it wasn't. You have my apologies for that misunderstanding.

Jesus man.

I think targetting KBA clients but via an educating them and disrupting their social media presence is fine.

However, if you think calling the woman a 'disgrace', and 'slag' is acceptable then you're a massive wholloper.

At the end of the day, the aim is to make the link with KBA poisonous, not make his clients or ourselves poisonous. When you take that into account then it's fairly fucking simple where the line is. 2 people last night crossed that line, and they were rightly called out on it.

It's not acceptable. It's just not a massive issue like a lot of other forms of protest could be. That was my point. :thup:

Unfortunately, I'm of the opinion that peaceful protest rarely works too. So there'll more than likely need to be some bellendery to remove Ashley at some point. I'd just prefer the bellendery didn't include collateral damage.