Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The anti Ashley stuff sounded alot louder v Spurs than today like, bit worrying really, is the anger in danger of blowing over already, and reverting back to apathy?

Organised boycott/ organised protest in ground is needed next imo.

I'd say it is back to apathy already. All the posts I've have seen today have been talking about the football side of it and no anti Ashley stuff. The anti Ashley side of thing is at the very least on a par with anything that happens on the pitch. I'm still sure a lot of our fans still have no idea how bad Ashley is and just don't get it. They have been worn down and brainwashed over 10 years. I haven't forgotten what NUFC was like before him and should be again though

Please don't lecture people who've been to the game about what went on in the ground, when you weren't there yourself.

I'm not letting Ashley take the piss out of me or an apathetic zombie so I wasn't there but I have 2 ears and heard barely a murmur on the TV.

I don't really give a fuck what you heard on your TV, you weren't there, so you don't know what you're talking about.

Again.

Thing is, since the transfer window closed Rafa has been hammering home this point about unity and supporting the team inside the stadium and that's the sort of thing that will resonate with the matchgoing fan. When "stand up if you hate ashley" started off in block V today literally nobody joined on.

Try to organise a protest in the ground when Rafas saying not to and you risk alienating yourself from a lot of the fanbase. It's a tough one.

The fans were very quiet yesterday, it was an awful watch, nowt to get remotely excited about it waiting for the inevitable to happen. There were anti Ashley chants but the crowd should stop the stand up if you hate Ashley chant as it doesn’t work.

Our only hope is a takeover; Rafa is playing politics but yesterday’s tactics did him no favours.

How much of Spurs' CapEx is stadium-related, though? Not that it matters since we've invested barely anything, but if you can't separate out Spurs' stadium-related CapEx then it's easy to rebut the criticism of our lack of spending by saying we're comparing apples to oranges.

Spurs must have a rich owner who puts his own cash in for no return. That’s the only way clubs can afford anything.

Liverpool made a nice profit for 2016/7 (net spend was close to 0 but made profits of almost 40m), will make a big profit for 17/18 (net spend again 0, but huge profits because of their CL run). Those profits will result in a breaking even when the loss in 18/19 is factored in (net spend so far is 150m), but their revenues have grown so much that it doesn't really matter. They're on such a stable footing financially compared to 5 years ago.

If they weren't intent on winning things, they could easily coast to a Top 4 place this year and make huge profits once again.

How much of Spurs' CapEx is stadium-related, though? Not that it matters since we've invested barely anything, but if you can't separate out Spurs' stadium-related CapEx then it's easy to rebut the criticism of our lack of spending by saying we're comparing apples to oranges.

A large proportion of our 'debt' is for the expansion of SJP which, under the original terms, would have been paid off by now.  We should separate that out too then?

Guest chopey

In a age when commercial income has sky rocketed to the point where you can advertise on a players arm how the fuck has ours halved ?.

In a age when commercial income has sky rocketed to the point where you can advertise on a players arm how the fuck has ours halved ?.

Because most of the commercial income is being sucked straight into Sports Direct.

Exactly spot on O0

Guest chopey

Some bloke around the pool this morning says that's why the fans forum has been postponed and something about the players are unhappy and are meeting Charnley.

Guest firetotheworks

My barber reckons there's interest from Asia. Make of that what you will i.e. absolutely nothing because all of these people are born liars.