Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who the f*** would actually want to buy this s*** heap of a club?

The club stopped being relevant to anyone but us after SBR was hounded out.

its fucking

You don’t actually believe this, do you?

its fucking grim reading and shows the problem big time

His last three seasons.. 4th, 3rd, 5th

Ever since (minus the Championship seasons).. 14th, 7th, 13th, 12th, 18th, 12th, 5th, 16th, 10th, 15th, 18th, 10th

It’s an average placing of 13th for every year in the Premier League since SBR left.

What other club could consistently be total dogshit and yet still think we’re something special?

I wonder what compelled him to buy Sissoko, Debuchy etc. when the King was in charge. We had a far better team then and were in a better position than now. Now we have a shite team with more money on the line with virtually no chance of buying anyone decent.

its f***ing

its f***ing grim reading and shows the problem big time

Ever since (minus the Championship seasons).. 14th, 7th, 13th, 12th, 18th, 12th, 5th, 16th, 10th, 15th, 18th, 10th

It’s an average placing of 13th for every year in the Premier League since SBR left.

What other club could consistently be total dogshit and yet still think we’re something special?

Well we were already on our way to total mediocrity before Mike Ashley even got here. He just carried on taking us into the mire.

Overall we are a bang average to poor premier league team.

This is our full premier league record.

3, 6, 2, 2, 13, 13, 11, 11, 4, 3, 5, 14, 7, 13, 12*, 18, 12, 5, 16, 10, 15, 18, 10

* when Ashley came in.

Including the good years, our average finishing position overall from then to now is 10th

The 14 seasons before Ashley got here our average finishing position is 8th.

The years he has been here, in the premier league, the average is 13th.

It tells it’s own story I suppose. But let’s not revise history. We’ve mostly been a really crap premier league side:

its f***ing

its f***ing grim reading and shows the problem big time

Well we were already on our way to total mediocrity before Mike Ashley even got here. He just carried on taking us into the mire.

Overall we are a bang average to poor premier league team.

This is our full premier league record.

3, 6, 2, 2, 13, 13, 11, 11, 4, 3, 5, 14, 7, 13, 12*, 18, 12, 5, 16, 10, 15, 18, 10

* when Ashley came in.

Including the good years, our average finishing position overall from then to now is 10th

The 14 seasons before Ashley got here our average finishing position is 8th.

The years he has been here, in the premier league, the average is 13th.

It tells it’s own story I suppose. But let’s not revise history. We’ve mostly been a really crap premier league side:

Up until he came in though we me have performed crap at times but we always had decent players. Players that excited you, players that could score or create now we have players that are just absolutely utter dogshit and are way way out of their depths as premier league players

Every single one of our players in our squad would not have got anywhere near a NUFC team pre Ashley

I would honestly take a monumental collapse and years in the lower leagues at this point if it guaranteed getting rid of this odious bastard. A proper rebuilding exercise. Hell, just shut up shop completely and let us start again from scratch with a brand new club. Enough is enough.

Why does it need that though? There's absolutely no reason we should need a monumental collapse for him to sell us.

At that point there was a desire to profit from player sales. He seems to have given up on that tho. Easier just to loan people and scrape by.

exactly, because the TV money has rocketed to the point where he doesn't need to gamble that a player might be shite...just loan someone who might be shite and trouser the difference

Guest covmag

I would honestly take a monumental collapse and years in the lower leagues at this point if it guaranteed getting rid of this odious bastard. A proper rebuilding exercise. Hell, just shut up shop completely and let us start again from scratch with a brand new club. Enough is enough.

Depends what you want mate, im very much edging to this conclusion, we have become a laughing stock in truth.

I thought being in the top flight is the be all and theres nothing to match it but fuck me its turgid, a club recognised as a sleeping giant that in truth is never gonna waken, harking back to the KK era is killing fans in truth, this bastard made an arse of it but what in truth is the best we can hope for going forward? what do we want? to win things , anything , is gonna take huge luck or a billion pound investment for 2-3 years in truth and theres no one out there for that fantasy so we may as well accept being shite, stop dreaming and hope that one day we can rebuild from scratch and then compete some day for mid table in PL at best, outside of 6 teams thats all that can happen.

Realisation that we really are shite and mugs is hitting home and dare i say our neighbours is what in truth is likely to happen to us?

Trouble is with relegation makes it harder to come back next time, but may just rid us of this twat, it may not.Either way we seem destined to be a nothing club and thats fair enough, ive had the "good days " even with no trophy that football i watched in the 90's was breathtaking.

We will never see it again, we will probably never win a trophy..............do we need to just deal with that? dunno, cups are all we can ever hope for, league titles are beyond 98% now.Its always a fucking drama at Newcastle, still love them but they have lost me as a fan now, dunno what im saying or wanting to say.

nee fun man this  :embarrassed:

I think it was the hounding out Robson comment he was referring to, it's the type of thing the Mackems say......in what way was he hounded out?

Depends what you want mate, im very much edging to this conclusion, we have become a laughing stock in truth.

I thought being in the top flight is the be all and theres nothing to match it but fuck me its turgid, a club recognised as a sleeping giant that in truth is never gonna waken, harking back to the KK era is killing fans in truth, this bastard made an arse of it but what in truth is the best we can hope for going forward? what do we want? to win things , anything , is gonna take huge luck or a billion pound investment for 2-3 years in truth and theres no one out there for that fantasy so we may as well accept being shite, stop dreaming and hope that one day we can rebuild from scratch and then compete some day for mid table in PL at best, outside of 6 teams thats all that can happen.

Realisation that we really are shite and mugs is hitting home and dare i say our neighbours is what in truth is likely to happen to us?

Trouble is with relegation makes it harder to come back next time, but may just rid us of this twat, it may not.Either way we seem destined to be a nothing club and thats fair enough, ive had the "good days " even with no trophy that football i watched in the 90's was breathtaking.

We will never see it again, we will probably never win a trophy..............do we need to just deal with that? dunno, cups are all we can ever hope for, league titles are beyond 98% now.Its always a fucking drama at Newcastle, still love them but they have lost me as a fan now, dunno what im saying or wanting to say.

nee fun man this  :embarrassed:

Ive already accepted ill be long dead by the time NUFC ever wins a trophy. I did witness the 3 seasons or so of Keegans entertainers when we fucking steamrollered teams and teams were shit scared of playing us. That will do for me as im never going to see them days again

I think it was the hounding out Robson comment he was referring to, it's the type of thing the Mackems say......in what way was he hounded out?

Ok grand stuff, let’s skip around a well made point than shall we.

On Robson, again let’s not revise history. The boo boys were out. Not loads, but enough to make Freddie Shepherd take notice. I thought at the time that he’d had his day.. and what a twat I was to think it.

Like any other football club, we’re a fickle bunch of cunts.

We drew 2 games and lost to Spurs at SJP and then got beaten heavily by Villa away. That was the end of that.

He was hounded out by a section of fans and then the board who’d gotten greedy for CL money.

Virtually every footballer or manager who has walked through the door at SJP has spoken about what a special club we are, usually followed by some bollocks about us being a sleeping giant or some shit.

Even players like Patrick Kluivert were attracted to this club from what they had seen as an away player. It's not a myth or just something all fans say about their clubs, it's the truth.

It's rotten to the core, of course, and it's disheartening but don't tell me it's not special.

There was one journo yesterday who posted a picture of our ground with a

Caption that read, "some stadiums have atmosphere even when empty."

Virtually every footballer or manager who has walked through the door at SJP has spoken about what a special club we are, usually followed by some bollocks about us being a sleeping giant or some shit.

Even players like Patrick Kluivert were attracted to this club from what they had seen as an away player. It's not a myth or just something all fans say about their clubs, it's the truth.

It's rotten to the core, of course, and it's disheartening but don't tell me it's not special.

There was one journo yesterday who posted a picture of our ground with a

Caption that read, "some stadiums have atmosphere even when empty."

On Robson, again let’s not revise history. The boo boys were out. Not loads, but enough to make Freddie Shepherd take notice. I thought at the time that he’d had his day.. and what a twat I was to think it.

Like any other football club, we’re a fickle bunch of cunts.

We drew 2 games and lost to Spurs at SJP and then got beaten heavily by Villa away. That was the end of that.

He was hounded out by a section of fans and then the board who’d gotten greedy for CL money.

The vocal minority of fans didn’t get Robson sacked, fans were booing the players who’d thrown away a CL place the season before, the same players Robson publicly protected by saying they were booing him. At the start of the 2004 season we drew to a last minute Hasselbaink back post punched goal, threw away a 2 goal lead to newly promoted Norwich, murdered Spurs and lost 1-0 then benched Shearer and lost 4-2 at Villa after leading 2-1 at HT. It was marginal stuff and we were playing ok.

Shepherd believed Robson had lost the dressing room and there’s no doubt in my mind that the players got Robson the boot and Shearer takes an awful lot of the blame for that. Shearer could have made his presence known in the dressing room in support of Robson, Robson believed Shearer stabbed him in the back. The fans had nowt to do with it but they became a convenient excuse.

We got what we deserved following that decision, Robson was leaving at the end of the season and the club shat on him from a great height.

On Robson, again let’s not revise history. The boo boys were out. Not loads, but enough to make Freddie Shepherd take notice. I thought at the time that he’d had his day.. and what a t*** I was to think it.

Like any other football club, we’re a fickle bunch of c***s.

The vocal minority of fans didn’t get Robson sacked, fans were booing the players who’d thrown away a CL place the season before, the same players Robson publicly protected by saying they were booing him. At the start of the 2004 season we drew to a last minute Hasselbaink back post punched goal, threw away a 2 goal lead to newly promoted Norwich, murdered Spurs and lost 1-0 then benched Shearer and lost 4-2 at Villa after leading 2-1 at HT. It was marginal stuff and we were playing ok.

Shepherd believed Robson had lost the dressing room and there’s no doubt in my mind that the players got Robson the boot and Shearer takes an awful lot of the blame for that. Shearer could have made his presence known in the dressing room in support of Robson, Robson believed Shearer stabbed him in the back. The fans had nowt to do with it but they became a convenient excuse.

We got what we deserved following that decision, Robson was leaving at the end of the season and the club shat on him from a great height.

I agree with you about the players. They were despicable. But I remember the Norwich game.. the moans and groans were not just the small minority. There was a bad vibe throughout much of the pre season and I remember us being very poor against Celtic (we might have played Rangers too that summer) The rot has returned.

At the end of the day it was Shepherd who made the call and I understand why he did it. It was just the wrong thing to do.

My overall point though is that we’ve only had a couple of seasons in 25 years where we’ve been any good. The rest has been total abject bollocks.

People from around 35 onwards will remember the good times and the buzz about the place, but to anyone younger and especially people from the outside, we may as well be Wigan or Burnley or whoever the fuck.

I guarantee you won’t read posts on their forums about private jets landing at the airport. They know they are shit, the problem is we don’t.. well we think it’s all Mike Ashley’s fault but the reality is we were shit well before he bought us. The decline was well underway.

Yeah we signed better players back then but they didn’t really cost all that much and also, it was much closer in timeline to the Keegan era.

Young players won’t have a clue about Tino Asprilla or David Ginola and in a few years Shearer may as well be Supermac. Remembered by many but ultimately just some chap from donkeys years ago who was a bit decent.

Which all goes back to my original question. Who the fuck would want to buy us?

On Robson, again let’s not revise history. The boo boys were out. Not loads, but enough to make Freddie Shepherd take notice. I thought at the time that he’d had his day.. and what a t*** I was to think it.

Like any other football club, we’re a fickle bunch of c***s.

Hounded out suggests there was a concerted effort to get him sacked as manager......he got some flak at Villa Park, you don't know what you're doing was sung for example......but there was no chants for him to be sacked or anything.

He wasn't hounded out.

I stayed for the lap of honour against Wolves under SBR, the amount that left was really poor.

That was the start of the decline of our support tbh.

Same, it was piss poor.......but most were pissed off with our end of season capitulation and the attitude of some of the players. Ludicrous to suggest that Robson was hounded out by the fans imho.

I’ve never been to Newcastle. I’ve supported this team from afar since 1996 and MA has successfully gone and made me totally lose all hope and faith of anything positive happening to this club. If you know me personally over here you know that this club is above any other sports team I support. He’s drained the enjoyment out of me. I had hope with Rafa but that little flame is dieing as well. Thanks MA. You horrible selfish piece of shit.