Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The Little Waster

Okay, I know the timing is suspicious, but for people claiming this is a PR stunt, what the fuck does Kenyon get out of this exactly?

A few £ in his sky rocket from Fatman

Ugh I don't fucking know. Two connected matters are extremely prevalent, though:

A - It's a leak, meaning it was written with the intention of being read by the masses, therefore meaning:

B - It's worded disingenuously. Reiterating that horseshite about the new owner being appropriate, for instance; get lost, man.

Who knows who's up to what, but there's no real cause for optimism here.

Okay, I know the timing is suspicious, but for people claiming this is a PR stunt, what the fuck does Kenyon get out of this exactly?

A big fat brown envelope from Uncle Keith?

Doubt he would need such an envelope, given the salaries of directors at football clubs.

This seems so obviously leaked by Ashley.  So much of it just happens to back the message he is trying to get out.

‘I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible’

Implies that deal is agreed and it’s all on Kenyon to conclude by getting the funds.  Take pressure off Ashley.

"We have both spent many months discussing the parameters of a final deal and as you know we have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.

Try to kill off rumours that they are mates and the whole thing is bullshit to relieve fan pressure.

"And I appreciate the time and effort committed to the detailed discussions by your advisors, lawyers, club, and, of course, yourself.

Kill rumours that Ashley is a cunt negotiation changing the goalposts.

"I fully respect your desire to ensure the next owners of Newcastle United understand the club, football, and have the appropriate financial resources, and I am delighted that you think the investor group led by myself is the best fit.

Try to make Ashley look like a good guy with best interests of the club at heart.

"On my side, I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible and, while we are both perhaps frustrated that we have not progressed as quickly as we would have wished, I would like to express personal gratitude for your patience and integrity in this matter and hope we can continue our discussions in the same spirit."

Again try to make it look like Ashley is serous about selling.  If this letter is real it’s fucking amazing how it ticks so many boxes for Ashley’s agenda.

Ugh I don't fucking know. Two connected matters are extremely prevalent, though:

A - It's a leak, meaning it was written with the intention of being read by the masses, therefore meaning:

B - It's worded disingenuously. Reiterating that horseshite about the new owner being appropriate, for instance; get lost, man.

Who knows who's up to what, but there's no real cause for optimism here.

Aye, if anything, I was more optimistic before this :lol:

A nice 'open letter' to the fans just after the fans open letter to fatty. Fortunate.

If it’s genuinely a leak from Kenyons side then MA won’t be happy.

I can say with certainty that they have both incurred major costs thus far.

The timing is particularly off with this though. I wonder if Fatty has asked Kenyon to leak it to appease the masses/buy time.

This seems so obviously leaked by Ashley.  So much of it just happens to back the message he is trying to get out.

‘I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible’

Implies that deal is agreed and it’s all on Kenyon to conclude by getting the funds.  Take pressure off Ashley.

"We have both spent many months discussing the parameters of a final deal and as you know we have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.

Try to kill off rumours that they are mates and the whole thing is bullshit to relieve fan pressure.

"And I appreciate the time and effort committed to the detailed discussions by your advisors, lawyers, club, and, of course, yourself.

"I fully respect your desire to ensure the next owners of Newcastle United understand the club, football, and have the appropriate financial resources, and I am delighted that you think the investor group led by myself is the best fit.

Try to make Ashley look like a good guy with best interests of the club at heart.

"On my side, I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible and, while we are both perhaps frustrated that we have not progressed as quickly as we would have wished, I would like to express personal gratitude for your patience and integrity in this matter and hope we can continue our discussions in the same spirit."

Again try to make it look like Ashley is serous about selling.  If this letter is real it’s fucking amazing how it ticks so many boxes for Ashley’s agenda.

:thup:

I know nothing about him but I get PFM vibes from Kenyon. Bloke looks like he loves a night out with Dennis Wise and the lads.

You’d be surprised how accurate this may turn out to be. He keeps below par company in a footballing sense. Somewhat bizarre.

The timing is particularly off with this though. I wonder if Fatty has asked Kenyon to leak it to appease the masses/buy time.

Both sides knew about it according to Douglas.

I know we've been over stuff like this but how can you know 'with certainty' unless you're literally involved? Are you, like?

Kenyon being paid off to pretend to buy a club and release false quotes just to appease the masses is like right below 9/11 truther/moon landing hoaxer levels of crazy imo.

Not that I have any hope of it occurring. Think fatty is just wasting Kenyon's time (to appease the masses, admittedly) tbh. But I don't think there's anything more at play.

Can’t argue with any of that. I have a suspicion that Ashley might want to retain some sort of stake.

I know nothing about him but I get PFM vibes from Kenyon. Bloke looks like he loves a night out with Dennis Wise and the lads.

You’d be surprised how accurate this may turn out to be. He keeps below par company in a footballing sense. Somewhat bizarre.

This is the most worrying post of the night/year so far.

Kenyon being paid off to pretend to buy a club and release false quotes just to appease the masses is like right below 9/11 truther/moon landing hoaxer levels of crazy imo.

Not that I have any hope of it occurring. Think fatty is just wasting Kenyon's time (to appease the masses, admittedly) tbh. But I don't think there's anything more at play.

How I feel as well, tbh.

I know we've been over stuff like this but how can you know 'with certainty' unless you're literally involved? Are you, like?

I called Kenyon on here long before it hit the press because I had a 110% source. I can’t say who that was as it could come back to me and impact my work. I can also say for sure that his side have spent huge amounts of time and therefore money on legals etc.

I’ll also go on the record as saying I’ve got big doubts it’ll be a positive other than Ashley being out of the picture.

This is the most worrying post of the night/year so far.

I called Kenyon on here long before it hit the press because I had a 110% source. I can’t say who that was as it could come back to me and impact my work. I can also say for sure that his side have spent huge amounts of time and therefore money on legals etc.

I’ll also go on the record as saying I’ve got big doubts it’ll be a positive other than Ashley being out of the picture.

Pipped.

If he’s put a lot of money and effort into it, then he’s not going to run it into the ground like Ashley is.

If he’s put a lot of money and effort into it, then he’s not going to run it into the ground like Ashley is.

It’s relative. It’s a large amount of money to chuck away on fuck all but in the grand scheme of football it’ll be naymars weekly wage.

Guest firetotheworks

What's going on. :lol: You honestly reckon Kenyon's going to be in on that intricate a conspiracy? Howeh, man. He's obviously genuine, as we've got numerous various sources that have confirmed that. It's now just about whether Ashley's using the genuine interest for his own means, or whether he'll fuck it up being himself. I don't think for a second that it'll end up happening, but that doesn't mean Kenyon's in on it.