Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know what's gonna happen with this deal but I'll say once it's gone though. Tough times ahead I'm afraid!

This reeks of more ITK bullshit to me but I’ll humour you and say that literally anything at this point is preferable to Mike Ashley.

All this ITK kak is quality, I want a go: I can't give away my source, but a colleague's aunt's hairdresser's other half's step son gave me info that's 110% at this point... people might not be as happy as they think with the new setup up when it happens, but I can confirm that the new owner will be a man, he will able to drive a car, his birthday falls on a day with a 'y' in it, but unfortunately he doesn't have as much money as Sheikh Mansour.

Clinton-Baptiste-e1528886349158.jpeg

... you heard it here first folks, remember my name.

Wasn't Garry Cook the one who resigned from Man City after sending an email mocking a cancer victim, after at first offering up the old "I was hacked" excuse?

Yes. Sent an email to Nedum Onuoha's mother mocking her that he thought he had sent internally to Brian Marwood.

There is one thing of which I am certain. If Mike Ashley one day sells us, it'll be to someone who is the worst fit. There is no way he'll sell us with the best interests of the club at heart.

It'll be his last 'fuck you' act.

When the time comes in an ambitious young person’s life to buy a professional football team, the process is usually smoothed over by having several billion dollars in your pocket. It’s even simpler when you can easily prove that you’re good for all that cash by, for instance, being a royal in the country that controls 8% of the world’s oil reserves. At that point, you pick a team that’s for sale and keep adding zeros to your offer until everyone says yes. This was how Sheikh Mansour expected to do business when he decided to buy into English football in the summer of 2008.

As a thirtysomething with more money than he could spend in several lifetimes, Mansour didn’t fit the usual profile of a Premier League owner — certainly not that of the local businessmen who bought clubs in the 1980s and 1990s. But he faced a hitch: the clubs on top of the pile, the ones that matched Abu Dhabi’s level of ambition — Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle — weren’t for sale. Mansour would have to look elsewhere.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-club-book-extract-how-abu-dhabi-took-over-manchester-city-pcm726v6j

Underlines that Ashley was never really serious about selling us back then. Also does make you cautious about any new buyer lined up as well. If they are reluctant to pay a premium for the club, it makes you think they won't necessarily be much more expansive than Ashley when it comes to investment. Obviously they could run it with a bit more ambition, but you need to actually own the club first, and the buyers we are talking about don't seem to have the clout to just toss Ashley an extra £50m just to get him to fuck off. I am sort of agreeing with HTT's earlier post about their credentials.

When the time comes in an ambitious young person’s life to buy a professional football team, the process is usually smoothed over by having several billion dollars in your pocket. It’s even simpler when you can easily prove that you’re good for all that cash by, for instance, being a royal in the country that controls 8% of the world’s oil reserves. At that point, you pick a team that’s for sale and keep adding zeros to your offer until everyone says yes. This was how Sheikh Mansour expected to do business when he decided to buy into English football in the summer of 2008.

As a thirtysomething with more money than he could spend in several lifetimes, Mansour didn’t fit the usual profile of a Premier League owner — certainly not that of the local businessmen who bought clubs in the 1980s and 1990s. But he faced a hitch: the clubs on top of the pile, the ones that matched Abu Dhabi’s level of ambition — Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle — weren’t for sale. Mansour would have to look elsewhere.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-club-book-extract-how-abu-dhabi-took-over-manchester-city-pcm726v6j

Underlines that Ashley was never really serious about selling us back then. Also does make you cautious about any new buyer lined up as well. If they are reluctant to pay a premium for the club, it makes you think they won't necessarily be much more expansive than Ashley when it comes to investment. Obviously they could run it with a bit more ambition, but you need to actually own the club first, and the buyers we are talking about don't seem to have the clout to just toss Ashley an extra £50m just to get him to fuck off. I am sort of agreeing with HTT's earlier post about their credentials.

The people who are able to invest hundreds of millions in a football club aren’t the same people who flush £50 million for no good reason. No transaction of that scale includes in its negotiations “yes, let’s happily pay a “premium” for an already overpriced product.”

Guest covmag

Ok .....

I’ve heard from a good source there’s a forum of people that actually think we are gonna be sold soon, they go round in circles all day with the same result . This is 100% accurate info lads from a good ITK bloke.

O0

The people who are able to invest hundreds of millions in a football club aren’t the same people who flush £50 million for no good reason. No transaction of that scale includes in its negotiations “yes, let’s happily pay a “premium” for an already overpriced product.”

A top quality full back costs £50m these days, you could lose that much in a year's bad transfer deals to put things in perspective.

He's probably paying one of the big four consultancy fees auditing fees etc. Make no mistake this deal will cost a lot of of money.

Minhosa[/member] can you please expand on why you feel he would be a poor owner?

Yes.

- I've got major doubts as to the structure of the deal in respect of the ownership arrangements/reporting lines etc. I can't recall any successful ownership structures involving as many parties. Too many cooks and all that.........

- This talk of the fat man getting the consortiums to join up increases this level of concern tenfold btw. So much for the long term wellbeing of the club, eh fatty? Long term wellbeing of your fat pockets. Prick.

- There is also the sub-par company Kenyon has been keeping at the same time he's been having these meetings with the takeover consortium. I mean names that I would hope would never have any role in the future of NUFC.

- If it goes through, I will throw out the names as a warning ref: who our future manager could be. I'll not do it before as it'll send shivers and might be misleading but I will share it if the deal happens.

- The only positive I see is that it might be the end of Ashley being hands on. I've a major hunch he wants to retain a minority stake. This is not ITK, this is only my personal hunch.

Agree with some of this, but not all. There's no chance of him working in the top flight in management. In one way it is actually a positive that they have sought advice from someone like this given his past. Even if I don't like him.

A top quality full back costs £50m these days, you could lose that much in a year's bad transfer deals to put things in perspective.

All the more reason to not just hand it over to Ashley - every coin is needed to rebuild the squad.

All the more reason to not just hand it over to Ashley - every coin is needed to rebuild the squad.

Well you have to buy the club first, and unless Ashley has suddenly decided he'll forgo the premium, how likely is it to happen?

Well you have to buy the club first, and unless Ashley has suddenly decided he'll forgo the premium, how likely is it to happen?

Which is why we still have Ashley instead of Staveley or Kenyon.

Fairly certain SBNUFC is just taking the piss like. :lol:

Even if he is, it's not rocket science, this is Newcastle United.  We got taken over by a billionaire and things got even shitter than they were before.  We'll get taken over by someone else and somehow, against all probability and reason things will get even shitter.  After that they'll sell to someone who will miraculously manage to have us doing well but unfortunately not well enough to actually win anything (these will be remembered as the good days) until they sell to an absolute cunt and the cycle begins anew.

I can't believe there is someone out there worse than Ashley. To run it worse than Ashley would be mental.  :lol:

When Ashley took over I figured that he'd run us better than before. Why would he crash us into a wall and damage the value of his own business? Yet he's done it repeatedly.