Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The club is worth fuck all as a football club. It's worth more to Ashley for his own purposes, than it will ever be to any prospective buyer.

Correct. Exactly why valuations are coming in at £200m. Even that is too high imo.

100% this. It’s like a secret stash of money under the bed for Ashley. If any deal goes tits up or he fancies more frivolous investments, he can ‘borrow’ from the club.

You mean take back what he's owed from the club.  The fuckin lying parasite.

Mike Ashley is a boa constrictor squeezing the life out of a helpless little lamb. Vile individual who must be ousted at any cost. The only way is to keep attacking Sports Direct and bringing it down to its knees.

More like a diseased fungus feeding on a strong healthy oak.

Kenyon's wrote a letter apparently.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6558703/Newcastle-takeover-talks-Peter-Kenyon-Mike-Ashley-resume.html

Peter Kenyon’s bid to buy Newcastle is not over, and he has contacted Mike Ashley personally with a promise to resume negotiations this month.

It was thought that the consortium led by Kenyon had given up on the deal, having failed to find the £300million funding required to tempt Newcastle’s owner to sell.

But a letter sent by Kenyon shortly before Christmas, and seen by Sportsmail, makes it plain that discussions will continue and the sale is still on — with the former Chelsea and Manchester United executive in pole position.

Sent via the club for Ashley’s personal attention, Kenyon writes of a ‘serious determination to finalise the agreement we have… as soon as possible in the New Year’. He adds: ‘I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible … we are both perhaps frustrated that we have not progressed as quickly as we would have wished.’

Ashley is coming under increasing pressure to sell, with eight fans’ groups writing a joint letter this week imploring him to conclude any deal swiftly, or invest transfer funds in the January window.

There has been increasing scepticism on Tyneside that talk of selling is merely a ruse by the owner to quell growing protests. A television interview that Ashley gave recently has been dismissed as a PR exercise to get the fans off his back, with claims that he is resistant to any sale.

There were reports before Christmas that Kenyon’s consortium, which includes former Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook, were as much as one-third short of the asking price — a figure in the region of £100m. Yet what also emerges from Kenyon’s letter is that negotiations are long-standing and he remains Ashley’s preferred bidder.

While not yet at an exclusivity stage, Kenyon certainly appears to have progressed further than a previous suitor, Amanda Staveley, whose takeover Ashley ultimately dismissed as ‘a waste of time’.

In contrast, Kenyon writes: ‘I am delighted you think the investor group led by myself is the best fit. We have both spent many months discussing the parameters of a final deal…and have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.’

Kenyon concludes by thanking Ashley for his patience, with a hope for further negotiations in the new year.

The problem, once again, is in the timing. If Kenyon’s deal cannot be completed before the January transfer window closes — and, for all the good intentions, there is nothing in the letter to suggest it will be — this still leaves Newcastle in limbo, with Ashley unlikely to invest further if he is selling, and any new investor unable to raise sufficient funds in time to make the necessary short-term impact.

Newcastle are just two points off the relegation places and the biggest fear is that the manager, Rafa Benitez, will tire of the process before either Ashley or Kenyon and make up his mind to leave in the summer.

Dear Slim (haha), I wrote you but still ain't callin'

I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom

I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em

Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,

Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan

This is Ken

Reckon Ashley's the type of guy who'd massively react to reverse psychology. Just come out and say in public you don't think Ashley would ever sell to you and he doesn't have the ability to sell a football club. He'd bite and deal I think as long as he thought he was winning  :lol: