Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do we honestly go as a fanbase from here?

If anyone still had a bit of belief the takeover wasn't fake then surely by now it's become clear that they've been taken in again? I mean, who writes a fucking letter thanking someone for not agreeing a deal, especially when the content of the letter is irrelevant to the supposed recipient but just designed to give a false narrative to the public?

I just honestly cannot understand the rationale behind fans' groups and the like giving any credence to these rumours, it's so naive. We've been here before. Even if there ever is a real takeover any protests should continue until new owners are officially announced. Not this 'nod and wink' from sources (some of whom undoubtedly paid by Ashley through Bishop) giving false hope. It's not as if we have form for 'repeatedly misleading the press, public and fans of Newcastle United' or anything, do we? :lol:

It's easy said when fan groups are trying be decent against those lacking decency. I mean it should reflect most poorly on the liar, not the lied to ultimately. Granted, I don't agree with every bit of it that has gone on. Best change of tack is to drive stuff that is out of stadium or Newcastle altogether but you're local match goer wont back it in the way attempted...flawed as it is. If/when Rafa goes people need to have a good hard think who they next scrutinise hardest.

Guest covmag

Where do we honestly go as a fanbase from here?

If anyone still had a bit of belief the takeover wasn't fake then surely by now it's become clear that they've been taken in again? I mean, who writes a fucking letter thanking someone for not agreeing a deal, especially when the content of the letter is irrelevant to the supposed recipient but just designed to give a false narrative to the public?

I just honestly cannot understand the rationale behind fans' groups and the like giving any credence to these rumours, it's so naive. We've been here before. Even if there ever is a real takeover any protests should continue until new owners are officially announced. Not this 'nod and wink' from sources (some of whom undoubtedly paid by Ashley through Bishop) giving false hope. It's not as if we have form for 'repeatedly misleading the press, public and fans of Newcastle United' or anything, do we? :lol:

The fans group did the right thing, it was to heap pressure on the club, it may gain more support in Feb.

We all know we are being had.

Thankfully it’ll be much easier to switch off next season after Rafa.

I'm already beginning to i think, something changed for me after the Man U game, nowt to do with that actual game or result, but everyone has certain breaking points and that.

I cba with the Chelsea game.

I'm already beginning to i think, something changed for me after the Man U game, nowt to do with that actual game or result, but everyone has certain breaking points and that.

Same.

Funny. The same thing happened to me after the Manure game. Like you said, nothing to do with the game or result, but something inside me definitely died at that point.

It was a feeling of being TOTALLY fucking fed up, like any interest  that was left was gone, a hopeless feeling, rather than anger or sadness.

caller (Jonathon I think) on talksport tonight blaming rafa for the all the negativity around the team.

also for not playing shelvey.

fuck me do these people live on a hole?

shelvey was and is still injured,

rafa's been screwed over.

even the FCB was telling the squad their aim for this season was 17th!!!

Funny. The same thing happened to me after the Manure game. Like you said, nothing to do with the game or result, but something inside me definitely died at that point.

It was a feeling of being TOTALLY fucking fed up, like any interest  that was left was gone, a hopeless feeling, rather than anger or sadness.

Probably had something to do with them bringing Sanchez and Lukaku as a double substitution.  :lol:

Yeah 2 subs that cost more than our entire squad

Perspective eh

So it's all quiet on the takeover front and not a sniff of any money being spent, someone is having a great transfer window.

Didn't take that much to get it to blow over did it.

Bishop - Don't worry Mike, it'll all blow over.

Fans - Nah, no chance.

Mike - hey guys, there's a takeover.

Fans - ace, we'll leave you to get on with it then, thanks Mike.

So it's all quiet on the takeover front and not a sniff of any money being spent, someone is having a great transfer window.

I know there is no takeover but it's canny infuriating to see people post this shit day in day out.

If / when it's real are you expecting daily updates via Twitter 'The Don' style?

Didn't take that much to get it to blow over did it.

Bishop - Don't worry Mike, it'll all blow over.

Fans - Nah, no chance.

Mike - hey guys, there's a takeover.

Fans - ace, we'll leave you to get on with it then, thanks Mike.

He’s not being left alone. Trust me.

I had a dream that I got back together with my ex girlfriend and NUFC was sold to some group of beauty salon owners called Heaven on Earth. Can't see it myself but dreams are the reality of tomorrow.

I know there is no takeover but it's canny infuriating to see people post this s*** day in day out.

If / when it's real are you expecting daily updates via Twitter 'The Don' style?

Nope, was merely commenting this window is looking good for Ashley. I thought it was obvious.

I'm fully behind the magpie group who are actually trying to do something.

It really annoys me when I hear about the interest free loans that Ashley has made to the club and will of course need to be repaid to any future owners.  If Ashley had paid for all of the advertising he gets (income that all other clubs enjoy)  then we wouldn't have needed any loans. Imagine what that amount of SD exposure would cost if he had to buy it. This is why so long as the club survives on the bare minimum then he is in a win win situation

Totally see your point of annoyance and by no means sticking up for him as he is benefiting his brand at the expense of another. However if i held 100% stake in something outright and didn't to answer to anybody I can see the releluctance to pay for it as its all yours. Obviously iam sure it was noted in the last or second to last fans forum minutes that advertising is now paid for? And only showing SD as default when a space cannot be sold. How true that is well it only takes a quick glance of the stadium to see they probably have no brand marketing team to sell the space to anyone else or simply aren't trying to.

I guess alot of empty promises have been made repeatedly over the years I still remember the 3 then 5 year business model for the club. The I cannot bank roll all spending but will put 20 million of my own money in a year. It's all been back peddled on he just needs to go.

The man blurts out words that he thinks will put out the immediate fire - nothing he has ever said stands up to the passage of time. He’s like Trump in that sense: truth has no value, only dealing with the immediate concern.