Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heard a rumour that the sale is still on, and will be completed once Premiership status is confirmed ...........comes from the same source who said the deal would be done earlier. I don't know the fella myself so don't know how much truth there is to it, but after what's gone on at the club recently, it does make a bit of sense.

Fingers crossed and all that.

Is this with the suggestion that Sports Direct continue to be advertised everywhere? Sounds shit but still a darn sight better than having the fat cunt over us directly.

Anyone else reckon that these ‘extra’ performance related transfer fees are for league positions and European qualifications with the money to pay for these extras sources from the subsequent prize money?

Heard a rumour that the sale is still on, and will be completed once Premiership status is confirmed ...........comes from the same source who said the deal would be done earlier. I don't know the fella myself so don't know how much truth there is to it, but after what's gone on at the club recently, it does make a bit of sense.

oEbAoJY.jpg

Mate, plz.  :alone:

Look, if a takeover was going to happen it would make sense for the buyer to wait until we're confirmed a PL club for next season, particularly if, as has been reported, Ashley isn't prepared to lower his price or have relegation clauses inserted in the deal.

IF, and it's a big IF Ashley does actually want to sell, I could see it happening towards the end of the season. We know someone has already been through the books so there's genuine interest.

Why wait until the season has began? No talks or offers before this season started? Nah, still total nonsense, it all just conveniently came out before the transfer window. Again, I do not doubt the messengers nor their integrity but it's not happening. I had faith in Staveley, I didn't even entertain this Peter Cushing bid with no money or investors. We will be mathematically safe and all you'll get is more lies from Ashley about reinvesting all the money the club makes.

Why wait until the season has began? No talks or offers before this season started? Nah, still total nonsense, it all just conveniently came out before the transfer window. Again, I do not doubt the messengers nor their integrity but it's not happening. I had faith in Staveley, I didn't even entertain this Peter Cushing bid with no money or investors. We will be mathematically safe and all you'll get is more lies from Ashley about reinvesting all the money the club makes.

Horrific

We shouldn't need a fucking overdraft when the cunt has spent fuck all, and reeled in transfer and TV money.

And sorry i'm not buying the bollocks about 'oh we went down twice' so that's why we have nothing to spend now, get to fuck with that shite.

Bimpy my man, it is a strange time to be having an Internet conversation  :)  but who said that? I may need an hour or two of kip before I get to read your reply....

Think he's on about the pundits that go on about Ashley personally financing the club, be it transfers or loans.

O0 I was indeed on about the pundits and so called experts.

Could see that tbh, would explain why we are still dealing in loans for players, both in and out. The only significant purchases have been relatively young players who could be counted as assets for any incoming buyer.

This ring fencing idea for Sky TV money etc. It needs to happen.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions

WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO?

Order that SkyTV monies provided to football clubs is ring fenced. -Only allowed 80 characters here

BACKGROUND

Currently there are no checks in place to prevent Sky TV money being used outside the normal bounds of a football club. This allows unscrupulous persons to remove money from football for alternative matters potentially involving corruption, tax avoidance and other unfair business practices.

-------------------------------

Just so you know

Later on, you'll need email addresses for 5 supporters to get your petition started

https://petition.parliament.uk/help#standards

------------------------------------

This isn't my forte so please step forward and fill the breach. You can have my e-mail as one of the 5 for starters...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained..

Order that SkyTV monies provided to football clubs is ring fenced. -Only allowed 80 characters here

BACKGROUND

Currently there are no checks in place to prevent Sky TV money being used outside the normal bounds of a football club. This allows unscrupulous persons to remove money from football for alternative matters potentially involving corruption, tax avoidance and other unfair business practices.

Just so you know

Later on, you'll need email addresses for 5 supporters to get your petition started

This isn't my forte so please step forward and fill the breach. You can have my e-mail as one of the 5 for starters...

Forwarded to the protest group I’m part of.

BACKGROUND

Just so you know

Great stuff Mr Logic. Brilliant effort.

A good idea, but I think there should be a couple of amendments and wording.

First of all we should say income to professional clubs, and we would have limit it to a percentage, otheise there will never be anyone willing to buy a football club is they can’t get money out of it somewhere down the line.

It should be something 85% of the income a professional football club generates cannot be spent of anything other than the football club/day to day running of the football club.

Then about 10% should be specificically spent on the academy/grassroutes.

Of course people like Ashley already have deal in place at the football club where he gets money through contracts to Sports Direct which could be classified as part of the day to day running of the football club.

I get the thought behind it but Sky are handing over the money to the Premier League for the rights to televise matches. They aren't handing it over with the purpose of financing the clubs. All they're interested in is getting their SUPER SUNDAY™ and the viewing figures that comes with it.

Also what checks are in place for other forms of income being removed. You can't really just target Sky if it's just as easy to remove match day revenue etc.