Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure which countries commentary I had on last night, but the main commentator said when Almiron came on that Ashley has "gone up in their (Newcastle fans) estimations after this signing" :anguish:  These cunts are so out of touch

Was Martin Tyler

He did in fairness say something along the lines of (Ashley releasing money) “about bloody time too” (not using the exact same language)

Not sure which countries commentary I had on last night, but the main commentator said when Almiron came on that Ashley has "gone up in their (Newcastle fans) estimations after this signing" :anguish:  These cunts are so out of touch

Was Martin Tyler

He did in fairness say something along the lines of (Ashley releasing money) “about bloody time too” (not using the exact same language)

Wasn't Tyler. Parry, wasn't it?

From .com;

The Evening Standard, Wednesday:

Deal-hungry Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley has borrowed almost £1 billion to help fund his erratic acquisitions spree, despite profits more than halving at his personal investment vehicle.

Mash Holdings entered a new revolving credit facility, which gives it access to £907 million, and “it is likely” this will increase to £1 billion, accounts at Companies House showed on Wednesday.

Mash Holdings controls Ashley’s stakes in Sports Direct and Newcastle United.

The billionaire, who was beaten by a Canadian entrepreneur in a battle to buy music chain HMV from administration last week, will use the extra cash “to seek out profitable investments and development projects”.

How about a football club?

He also pulled out of the bidding for Patisserie Valerie this weekend, just two days after he emerged as a surprise suitor for the collapsed cafés chain.

Pre-tax profits fell from £277 million to £102.5 million for the year to the end of April 2017. The previous year profits halved from £520 million. This is down to Newcastle United, which saw turnover shrink 30% from £131 million to £91 million as media revenue fell. United remains up for sale.

Sports Direct’s profits were also hit by higher foreign exchange costs.

The accounts, which were lodged six months late, pre-date Sports Direct’s takeover of House of Fraser in August and Evans Cycles in October for £90 million and £8 million, and Ashley adding Sofa.com to his retail empire this month for a “nominal sum”.

Ashley has kept the City guessing over his strategy. Some believe he’s making a concerted effort to take over the High Street, while others believe he’s attempting to make quick profits on opportunistic deals.

The accounts show while Ashley did not take a salary or receive a dividend in 2017, Mash Holdings spent £109 million buying back shares from shareholders. This potentially includes Ashley himself.

Sports Direct posted revenues of £1.7 billion for the 26 weeks to 28 October 2018, up 4.6%. However, underlying pre-tax profits fell 26.8% to £64 million from £88 million.

Ashley could not be reached for comment.

PS: The Northern Echo report that Ashley's MASH Holdings company received £9m for the sale of land for development on Strawberry Place - £3m more than he reportedly paid NUFC for it in 2009/10.

Was Martin Tyler

Wasn't Tyler. Parry, wasn't it?

I was watching an American feed - pretty sure it was Tyler and Higginbottom? either way it was Tyler or Parry - both are twats

Said it all along, unless the whole thing gets relegated and stays down he won’t go.No fucker will buy it and he likes creaming it, no win situation, get used to it.

I have and rapped in my monthly direct debit. he isn't getting another penny off me after 37 years going.

From .com;

The Evening Standard, Wednesday:

Deal-hungry Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley has borrowed almost £1 billion to help fund his erratic acquisitions spree, despite profits more than halving at his personal investment vehicle.

Mash Holdings entered a new revolving credit facility, which gives it access to £907 million, and “it is likely” this will increase to £1 billion, accounts at Companies House showed on Wednesday.

I thought that sounded bizarre, and it turns out that whoever wrote that for the ES doesn’t understand what a set of group accounts look like.

It’s Sports Direct which entered into the facility, not MASH. Which we already knew because SD will have reported that a year ago.

Our revenue is only £91m? Is that right?

According to Deloitte Money league report, Newcastles revenue for 2017/2018 season is 178m pounds which is 19th highest in the world and 8th highest in the PL.

The 91m is most likely from the Championship season.

A total of 3 people here for the Magpie Group meeting which is in 20 minutes.

Did they even advertise this meeting? Didnt see anything on their website and I didnt receive any email from them giving notice of the meeting.

Did they even advertise this meeting? Didnt see anything on their website and I didnt receive any email from them giving notice of the meeting.

Only through Twitter, and even then it wasn't getting much traction in the form of RTs or replies. Like neesy's said they've fucked themselves. The tirade they threw at the Chronicle was anguish inducing plus the fact that Greg and Heron have left speaks volumes of where it's at atm.

Guest The Little Waster

Not surprised, they've fucked themselves.

Wallace is a decent bloke but hes not an organiser

Only through Twitter, and even then it wasn't getting much traction in the form of RTs or replies. Like neesy's said they've fucked themselves. The tirade they threw at the Chronicle was anguish inducing plus the fact that Greg and Heron have left speaks volumes of where it's at atm.

What "tirade" is this that you speak of? If they had a pop at the Chronicle then it was long overdue as those spineless cowards should have been held accountable a long time ago.